How to not see a movie at the movie theater

kaisoo trash drabbles

Title: How to not see a movie at the movie theater
Characters: Jongin, Kyungsoo
Pairing(s): Kaisoo
Rating: G
Summary: 
Jongin wasting all the cash they have on hand to try and win a stuffed animal for Kyungsoo out of a claw machine.
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: idk maybe those words that butterfly will spit on your stomach lol
Word count: 800, short-drabbles

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo hyung, look.” Jongin whispered, stopping in his tracks when he noticed the toy machine in the center of the movie theater. “I’m going to get that one for you!” He declared, dragging Kyungsoo over to the machine and pointing at a navy blue penguin.

Kyungsoo resigned himself to the fact that they probably weren’t going to see the movie.

“How much do you want to bet I can get it in one try?” Jongin asked with a grin.

“Nothing since you wouldn’t let me so much as bring my wallet with me on this date. If I recall, you took it out of my pocket and tossed it onto my couch before we left.” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at Jongin. “Although, I’m pretty sure you did that more because it was in my back pocket than any other reason.”

Jongin ignored the accusation. “Of course I wouldn’t let you bring your wallet. I asked you on this date, so I’m paying. You can pay for the next one.” He replied, pulling out his own wallet and putting two coins into the machine.

He did not manage to get the toy in one try. He got the brown sleepy eyes bear toy next to it instead. Kyungsoo decided to hold onto that while he waited for Jongin to either run out of money or get the blue penguin.

Jongin emptied out his spare change and still did not manage to get the toy. Kyungsoo started to wonder if maybe seeing someone else do it would provide Jongin with the skill to get the penguin, or if that sort of thing only worked with dancing. They could still make the movie if Jongin would give up. The previews would probably just be coming to an end.

 

All hopes of seeing the movie were dashed when Jongin started taking out bills and putting those into the machine. “Just you watch, Kyungsoo hyung, I’m going to get it this time.” Jongin assured him.

“I am watching. That doesn’t seem to be helping you any.” Kyungsoo noticed that he was getting a look from one of the employees that seemed to be expressing sympathy. Well, that just wouldn’t do. Maybe this could work like acting or singing. “I believe in you, Jonginnie.” Kyungsoo told him. He wasn’t sure how true that was, but he was pretty sure they would end up at an ATM soon if Jongin didn’t get the penguin since he was now running low on paper money as well. He was actually inserting his last bill into the machine when Kyungsoo said that.

 

The smile Jongin gave him was blinding, and he wasn’t even looking at the machine as the claw wrapped around the penguin and took it to the prize slot. He only looked back when he heard the soft thud of it dropping safely into the slot. His eyes widened in surprise before he let out a shout of victory.

“I got it!” He took out the toy and held it out to Kyungsoo, a bright smile lighting the blond’s face.

“I’d prefer to keep this one.” Kyungsoo told him, looking down at the brown bear that he was still holding.

“What? But hyung-“ Jongin started, smile falling, before Kyungsoo cut him off.

“I’ve bonded with it while waiting for you. Also, it looks like you. I’m far more interested in something that reminds me of you than something I assume caught your attention because it looked like me.” 

“So . . . you want it because it makes you think of me?” Jongin asked, a dusting of red taking over his face. Kyungsoo nodded and had to stagger back a few steps to keep from falling over when Jongin practically tackled him in a hug. “Hyung, that’s so cute! I’ll keep this one then since it makes me think of you! I’m even gonna call it Pendyo!” Jongin exclaimed, picking Kyungsoo up off the ground and spinning him around.

"Jongin, please put me down.” Kyungsoo protested, squirming in Jongin's grasp.

It took a few seconds before Jongin actually did put him down. “Why don’t we go watch a movie at my place, since we didn’t watch one here?” Kyungsoo offered.

 

 

“Works for me!” Jongin said, and it didn’t seem like his smile was going to disappear any time soon. They left the theater hand in hand.