Remember

I Can't Lose You

A/N  There aren't a lot of big happenings in this chapter, so don't get too excited for this update. To see the image and quote for this chapter, click on the link below.

http://affpics.blogspot.kr/2016/06/chapter-2.html

 

Eunji's POV:

 

“We’ll miss you!”

 

The sunlight pierced my eyes as I stared at the scenery outside the window.

 

“Promise us that we’ll meet again someday.”

 

The cirrus clouds matched the color of the sky.

 

“I promise.”

 

The door slammed open.

 

“Bye!”

 

“It’s them!” someone shouted quietly.

 

Murmurs arose.

 

“So cute.”

 

“So handsome.”

 

“I wish my boyfriend was as good-looking as them.”

 

I rolled my eyes. Can they shut up? Silence filled the room. My eyes widened slightly. Can they hear me?

 

“Hi Eunji,” a male greeted.

 

I turned my head around and saw Baekhyun and another guy.

 

“You’re taking this class too?”

 

“I guess so.”

 

Baekhyun pointed to the guy on his left. “Anyway, this is Kyungsoo.”

 

The guy with round eyes smiled. “I’m Do Kyungsoo and I’ve heard a lot about you from Minseok hyung.”

 

I frowned. “Really?”

 

“Yeah. Oh and Baekhyun mentioned something that you were close to Myungsoo and Sunggyu.”

 

I nodded my head. “And?”

 

Kyungsoo grabbed a chair and sat next to me. “Listen, you should stay away from them. They’re people that your brother dislikes.”

 

“But I like them,” I said, emphasizing on ‘i’.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were taken aback by my statement.

 

“Why doesn’t Minseok like them?”

 

“You should ask Minseok hyung that question,” Baekhyun told me.

 

“Do you guys not like them?”

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun fell silent and didn’t answer my question.

 

“What do you have against them? What did they do wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo replied, after a few moments. “They did nothing wrong and Baekhyun and I have nothing against them.”

 

I didn’t believe what Kyungsoo said.

 

“Then why do you act like you hate them?”

 

“Because your brother doesn’t like them.”

 

I stared Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

“I see.” I smiled. “Anyway, is the teacher nice?”

 

-1 hour and 30 minutes later-

 

“Class is dismissed!” my teacher, Kim Joonmyeon, announced.

 

We all bowed to him and left our belongings in the classroom because we were going to go back there after lunch and recess. Everyone left, except a girl named Park Chorong. She stayed and talked with the teacher. I wonder what they’re talking about, I thought. Well Mr. Kim was super nice, but he looks really young...

 

On my way out of the classroom, I realized that I forgot where the cafeteria was, so I followed a bunch of students that were heading the same direction. You need common sense in this world, I thought, smiling to myself.

 

“What are you smiling about?” someone asked me, slinging their arm around my shoulder.

 

I looked to my right. “Nothing. I just realized I forgot where the cafeteria was, but used my common sense to follow where everyone else was going."

 

Myungsoo laughed. “Is that something to be proud about?”

 

I nodded. “Of course. I have common sense!”

 

“Everyone does.” I gave Myungsoo a look. “Well, almost everyone. Anyway, since it’s your first full day here, why don’t I introduce you to my friends? You can sit with us during lunch.”

 

“Sure, but are your friends nice?”

 

“To you, they will be."

 

I laughed. “Thanks. I appreciate it.”

 

We entered the cafeteria and joined a line. I gasped as I saw the menu.

 

“Hull. There’s even tart, chicken legs, and sushi?”

 

Myungsoo chortled out a laughed. “Yeah. There’s even your favorite.”

 

I gave Myungsoo a weird look. “Meat? We have meat in this university?”

 

My brother smiled. “Yeah.”

 

“Okay, I’m surprised that there’s meat here, but I’m even more surprised that you remember my favorite food.”

 

Myungsoo shrugged. “We used to barbeque outside in the backyard a lot.”

 

I smiled bitterly, wanting to change the subject. Luckily, the line wasn’t that long, so it was our turn to get food. Myungsoo spotted my bitter smile and changed the topic when we got our food. Once we were done picking out the food we wanted to eat, Myungsoo lead me to a table filled with 8 boys. 3 boys had their backs facing me and the other 5 had their heads down since they were eating, so I couldn’t see their faces.

 

“Don’t be surprised when you see their faces, okay?” Myungsoo whispered to me, before clearing his throat.

 

I tilted my head slightly. What does he mean by that? Everyone turned around. I saw Sunggyu and other familiar faces. A sudden memory flashed in my head.

 

“Promise us that we’ll meet again someday!”

 

“I promise!”

 

Children’s voices repeated in my head non-stop.

 

“Eunji?” a boy with black hair said, being the first to speak up.

 

My eyes found the owner of the voice. “Taehyung? Is that you?”

 

The boy nodded his head eagerly.

 

“Oh my goodness, it’s been such a long time,” I said in disbelief, setting my tray down on the lunch table next to the male.

 

I hugged Taehyung tightly.

 

“You remember us?” a male student sitting next to Taehyung asked.

 

I broke the hug with Taehyung and my gaze moved on to the other male students. There were new faces, faces I didn’t recognize.

 

“Of course, Jungkook. I remember you, Taehyung, and Hoseok very well.” I started looking at each student in the eye. “It’s been over 10 years, but since I have awesome memory, I remember you.”

 

I hugged him and Hoseok, before sitting down between Myungsoo and Taehyung.

 

I hit Myungsoo’s arm. “How come you didn’t tell me that they attended this university?”

 

He shrugged, rubbing the place I hit him. “I didn’t know until a few minutes ago.”

 

Sunggyu started talking to Myungsoo, so I began eating my lunch.

 

“Eunji-ah,” Taehyung spoke. “Sorry to bother you, but this is Jin, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin. After you left, Jin hyung moved into your house, so Hoseok, Jungkook, and I started hanging out with him. As for Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin, we got to know them through Jin.”

 

“Ah, I see.” I bowed to the others. “Hello. I’m Kim Eunji.”

 

“So you’re Eunji,” Jin said. “Nice to meet you. We all heard great things about you from Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jungkook.”

 

“Yeah,” Jimin piped in. “We heard that you’re dream was to become a singer.”

 

“Are you good at singing?” Namjoon asked.

 

I smiled sheepishly. “I’m not good at singing, but it’s a hobby of mine.”

 

“Can sing for us some time?” Yoongi requested.

 

“Eum,” I hesitated. “If you sing, I’ll sing.”

 

Yoongi laughed. “I can’t sing.”

 

“Can you rap?”

 

Yoongi shrugged. “I’m okay at rapping.”

 

“Then if you rap, I’ll sing,” I told him.

 

“Deal.”

 

“So how have you been?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Good I gue-”

 

“Eunji, why are you sitting here?” a different voice said.

 

“Or not,” I whispered to Taehyung, before turning around.

 

“Why? Is she not allowed to sit here?” Myungsoo questioned Minseok.

 

I looked at the people around Minseok and saw that there were 7 male students standing next to him, including Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

“Who are they?” Taehyung whispered to me, while Minseok said something to Myungsoo.

 

“They’re people I know,” I murmured under my breath.

 

“Will you stop bossing Eunji around?” Myungsoo snapped.

 

“I’m not bossing her around,” Minseok shot back. “I’m telling her what’s best for her.”

 

“Oh, so you think I’m bad for her?”

 

“She doesn’t know what you’ve done in the past.”

 

“What did I do in the past?”

 

“That’s just between you and me.”

 

“You just said that Eunji doesn’t know what I did in the past, and it’s obviously bad, so why don’t you tell her?”

 

“She shouldn’t know what happened.”

 

“Then why is it wrong for her to sit here if she doesn’t know what happened?”

 

I stared at Minseok’s face. That wasn’t the first time I’d seen Myungsoo mad, but for Minseok, that was the first time. For over 10 years, Minseok was always the sunshine happy flower in our family. Never once had I ever seen him angry.

 

“You’re making a big deal out of nothing,” Myungsoo remarked. “I invited Eunji to sit here and she agreed to it.”

 

“Eunji, why?” Minseok asked me.

 

“I wanted to sit here,” I replied calmly.

 

“Why?”

 

“Myungsoo and Sunggyu are people I know.”

 

“What if they do something bad to you?”

 

“They won’t because I trust them. Minseok, why are you so worried? Why do you not like Myungsoo and Sunggyu?”

 

“It’s not that I don’t like them.”

 

“Then what?” I said, getting a little annoyed by his attitude. “Let me sit here. It’s my choice. Besides, you’re wasting everyone’s time, including yours. We have little time to eat, so let us eat peacefully.”

 

Minseok looked stunned. “What kind of relationship do you have with them?”

 

“It’s none of your business. Just let us eat,” I remarked.

 

Without another word, Minseok and the others who, by the way, didn’t say a single word throughout the whole argument, left.

 

“Well that was first time I’d ever seen you like that,” Myungsoo told me. “It was kind of scary.”

 

I laughed. “I picked up a few things from you.”

 

“Hey, what about me?” Sunggyu complained.

 

“You’re not scary,” I joked.

 

“At all,” Myungsoo added.

 

Everyone laughed.

“So how have you been?” I asked Hoseok, who was sitting across from me.

 

Hoseok pouted. “Lonely.”

 

“Yah, we practically lived with you our whole lives,” Yoongi stated, hitting Hoseok’s arm. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Actually, I felt lonely and incomplete without Sunggyu hyung, Myungsoo hyung, and Eunji,” Hoseok admitted.

 

I smiled brightly. “Let’s move on from the past, shall we? Now which classes do you have after homeroom?”