Reunion

The Unexpected

 

The cotton fabric draped between Ra Jin’s fingers as she fixes her husband’s tie in the right place. It was just another normal morning where Luhan has to go to work, leaving his wife to do whatever she pleases. 

 

When the two of them first got married, Ra Jin often accompanied Luhan to the company, since both of their families claimed it would create a positive image for the newly wedded couple to work together. As time passed, Ra Jin discovered that the business life wasn’t really fitted for her. She decided to let Luhan handle all the affairs while she would occasionally show up for a stockholder meeting or so. 

 

“I’ll be home late tonight so don’t wait up,” she spoke lightly, eyes still focused on the piece of clothing hanging around Luhan’s neck. 

 

“Where are you going?” 

 

“Our class is having a high school reunion and I thought it would be fun to go see everybody again.” 

 

“Should I go with you?” Luhan was feeling a bit upset due to the fact that she didn’t mention anything about this newly information to him earlier. He attended high school with her so shouldn’t she have told him about the ordeal also? 

 

“No, it’s fine. Besides, I don’t think you’ll be able to make it on time since you get out pretty late from work.” 

 

“I can just leave early,” he responded, “Did you forget that I’m the president of the company?” 

 

“Well, if you want to come then come. No one is stopping you.” 

 

“I’ll think about it.” 

 

He speaks as if he was going to go but then tells her he’ll think about it? That’s the frustrating thing about Luhan, he makes it seem that everything was possible but then he takes it back to square one where it doesn’t even seem like anything was possible. 

 

“Bye, I’ll see you later.” 

 

Ra Jin doesn’t know if ‘by later,’ he means at the restaurant where they were going to have their reunion or ‘later’ as in he’ll see her later at home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a cold night as Ra Jin wrapped herself in her thick coat and slowly walking down the streets towards the restauarant. Apparently, the cab driver drove passed the shop and wouldn’t turn around because he believes that there was way too many cars on the other side of the road. She kind of regretted not taking her own car, but then again, who was going to drive her home if she decides to drink. That’s why she settled on taking a cab to the restaurant and maybe back home later on.

 

Upon reaching her destination, she noticed a familiar figure dressed in a casual white button up shirt, black trousers, and a gray thick coat covering himself up from the cold night. His attention was on the streets, looking at all the cars driving passed him. In his hand was a small cigarette that looks like it was almost going to reach the bud. 

 

His eyes wandered over to the girl on streets, feeling her eyes scanning him from head to toe.

 

“Are you just going to stand there and stare at me all day?”

 

“Oh, sorry.”

 

“C’mon, let’s go inside. It’s cold out here.” Sehun reached out his arm to grab her hand, perfectly lacing her fingers between his own.

 

When the two of them entered the restaurant, many eyes came gazing at them, causing Ra Jin and Sehun to stiffen up a bit due to the uncomfortableness. 

 

“Oh, there they are! Ra Jin! Sehun! Over here!” One of their classmates shouted, waving his arm up in the air to gain their attention. 

 

Ra Jin looked over at the grand table where many of her previous classmates has already been seated. She and Sehun made their way to the table at sat at their designated seat. 

 

It was a nice thing that Ra Jin was able to sit between the only two people she was close there. On her left side was Sehun, who was already busying himself with a drink, and on her right was her former close friend, Eunhae. 

 

“It’s been a long time since we have last seen each other, right?” Ra Jin spoke in a friendly manner, garnering the girl’s attention next to her. “How have you been?” 

 

Eunhae took a sip of her beer before placing it down on the table, her body turns to Ra Jin, her eyes scanning at the girl who was dressed in a modest white dress, moving her eyes to the boy on the other side of the girl, she slightly rolled her eyes. “I see you came with Sehun.” 

 

Ra Jin was rather baffled at her comment. Eunhae didn’t even bother answering the question she asked earlier but just went straight to that statement that sounded kind of cold to the ears. 

 

“Ah, yeah. We met outside.” 

 

Eunhae scoffed at the girl’s explanation, ‘are you sure you didn’t meet him at his house,’ she said quietly, barely able to be deciphered by Ra Jin. 

 

“What was that?” 

 

“Oh, nothing. I just realized I have some important business to attend.” Eunhae suddenly stood up from her seat, taking her purse and faking a smile to everyone before leaving for the door. 

 

Ra Jin can’t help but feel that those cold behaviors were meant to be for hers. 

 

The last time Ra Jin seen her friend was the day before her wedding with Luhan. Not to mention, Eunhae was supposed to be her maid of honor that day but minutes before the ceremony, she received a phone call from the girl stating that some personal issues came up. Being the understanding person she was, Ra Jin didn’t give too much thought about it. After that, whenever she called Eunhae, asking her to meet up for some coffee or just to hang, Eunhae would always say that she was busy with something else. Eventually, the two of them just stopped communicating. Now that they were able to be reunited at this social gathering, it may have occurred to Ra Jin that maybe Eunhae might have some ill feelings towards her. 

 

Without wanting to think about the issues anymore, Ra Jin poured herself a glass of beer and jugged it down in seconds. 

 

“Hey, slow down. You didn’t even eat anything yet.” Sehun wasn’t sure why the female was drinking so much on an empty stomach, especially when she wasn’t the type of girl to handle her alcohol well. 

 

“Hey everybody, Luhan is here!” 

 

The unknown person’s announcement completely accumulated Ra Jin’s attention. She looked back at her husband’s figure as he made his way towards her. Luhan pulled out the unoccupied chair next to his wife and sat down, greeting everybody before settling his attention on the girl who seems a bit too drowsy. 

 

“I thought you weren’t coming,” she spoke lowly but loud enough for him to hear. She took another sip of her beer before setting the empty glass down on the table.

 

“I told you I would think about it.” Luhan was going to order a glass of the alcohol himself but seeing that his wife was already drinking, it’s probably the best if he takes care of the driving tonight. 

 

After couple of hours, basically everybody at the table was already knocked out and that includes Ra Jin also. There was occasionally a few people who was still sober, like Sehun and Luhan for example. 

 

“Hey.. evrry-body. Let’s plaay a game.” The drunk man slurred his words like he was slurping up noodles. His body constantly moves back and forth due to the fact that he may or may not be completely drunk. 

 

“Sit down Hyunbin.” The guy next to him pulled him down before he can make a fool out of himself. However, being a stubborn little prick he is, the young male stood up again to propose this new idea he has. 

 

“Let’s play a game of truth or dare, shall we?” His lips were curved up into a big grin while swinging the hollow beer bottle back and forth. 

 

“Yeah! Let’s play!”  “Sounds fun! I’m in!”  “We better not have to do anything stupid!”  

 

After couple rounds of laughter and enjoyment, the brown bottle slowly stopped spinning and then completely came to a place of rest right in front of Sehun. 

 

“So, Sehun, truth or dare?” 

 

“Dare.” Being the brave and daring person he is, there was no reason for him to not choose dare over truth. 

 

“We dare you—” his classmate pondered a bit, “—kiss any person next to you, on the lips.”

 

Sehun was put in a really awkward position. On his left side was a man who was teasing him with his lips puckering out, and on his right was Ra Jin who’s head was down and completely fallen asleep. He couldn’t possible kiss a male but then again, he can’t kiss Ra Jin either since her husband was right next to her.

 

Luhan was a bit troubled by his classmate’s proposition to Sehun as well. He didn’t like the idea of having Sehun lips touching his wife’s, but then again, there’s no way Sehun would choose to kiss a married woman right in front of her husband, right? 

 

After the long debate within himself, Sehun took a hold of the girl’s head, completely waking her up from her slumber. Before Ra Jin can ask him what was he doing, his lips was already placed against hers, suppressing her own words. Her eyes widened in astonishment as his lips caressed against hers. Slowly and carefully, Ra Jin closed her eyes, savoring the beauty of this pleasantry Sehun was giving her.  

 

The crowd went wild with whistles and shouting as the couple share a heartfelt kiss as if they were long lost lovers.

 

Deciding that was enough, Luhan pulled his wife out of the other guy’s embrace and dragged her out of the restaurant, leaving the group of people to be dead silent upon their dismissal. 

 

There was a reason Luhan didn’t like Sehun, no guy would be cool with another guy hanging around his wife all the time. Even back in middle school, Luhan didn’t like the fact that Ra Jin was constantly hanging out with Sehun. He didn’t say anything because it wouldn’t be his position to tell her who she can and cannot hang out with. But tonight really pulled the last string of Luhan’s patience, isn’t practically common sense for someone not to kiss someone’s else spouse? Yet, Sehun had the nerve to do it. 

 

The drive home was filled with silence as no one was able to utter a word. Luhan was still too furious to speak while Ra Jin was still calming down from the shock she received back at the restaurant. 

 

When the two of them made their way to back to their house. Luhan threw the key on the table and went to the cupboard to get a bottle of alcohol. He poured himself a glass and jugged down the bitter taste of the soju. 

 

“I don’t like you hanging out with Sehun anymore.” 

 

“Alright.” She didn’t care if Luhan liked it or not because he can’t control who she hangs out with. 

 

“Are you still going to see him after what he did?” 

 

“He was probably drunk.” She made her way into the bedroom and casually taking her coat off of herself and hanging it back on its original place.

 

“That doesn’t excuse what he did to you.” 

 

“I’m really tired Luhan, can we just talk about this tomorrow?” Ra Jin walked passed her husband and made her way to the bathroom. Right now, all she wants is to enjoy a long and hot shower after dealing with all that chaos. 

 

“Alright, we’ll continue this conversation tomorrow.”