want you to know that i'm with you

all of the things you do

a little girl fidgets and pouts. she wants to ask a question to her dad and since said dad doesn't look busy at all. he's just watching television. little girl decides to voice out her thoughts.

"dad, i'm curious. how did you manage to be still with appa through all these years without fighting that much?" she then wriggles her way to her father's lap to play with the collar of his shirt.

chanyeol smiles fondly, a fatherly smile blossoming on his handsome face. his son soon noticed the display of affection his older sister is giving to their father and without much thought, he whimpers and cuddles to his dad. "daddyyyy, superman me!!" baby hyunyeol makes his way to the said father's legs. the both of them settled on each side of chanyeol's legs. chanyeol took his time petting his son's head and murmuring comforting words when he hears a snort.

 

"daddyyyyy, story time!" jisoo whines and glares at hyunyeol for ruining their supposed to be story time. "okay, kids," chanyeol laughs before clearing his throat. a smile is directed to no one but for the man who's not there yet, leaving prior because of work.

 

"so there it goes. i'm just doing those things that your appa doesn't like." jisoo and hyunyeol's eyebrows almost reached their hairline at the said information. "what??"

chanyeol laughs fondly.

 

"well, your appa hates cooking. so i'm the one who cooks. he hates doing laundries so i'm doing them. he didn't like to clean the house so i'm doing it." chanyeol stops for a while to sigh, a happy sigh that made his children face palm.

"dad is so whipped." jisoo stage whispers and hyunyeol chuckles.

"he... everything that he hates... i'm doing them. so until now, fifteen years, we barely fight. i admit we're fighting over which ice cream flavor should we buy. in those times, i can't buy the flavor he doesn't like. but seeing him eat what he likes makes me think that, ah, i'm fine with this life. i love him so much." chanyeol fights back a giggle when his kids snorted at him. "hyunyeol, let's sleep. i can't take the cheese." jisoo wriggles her way out of her dad's lap and hyunyeol scoffs at his daddy before doing the same thing his noona did. somehow she regrets asking.

as if on cue, their front door opens and chanyeol's sunshine's smile is so bright he thinks he's having a seizure.

 

"i'm home." baekhyun says and kisses chanyeol full on the lips. it's a simple kiss, just the touch of their lips because their children are watching but chanyeol thinks he's breathless.

"hi jisoo, hi hyunyeol. babies." baekhyun lets them kiss him on the cheeks before bidding their goodnights.

"come on, let's eat." chanyeol sets their table and pushes one chair for baekhyun to sit at. "after you." he mockingly says and baekhyun stifles a laugh through a snort.

 

the sound makes chanyeol wants to kiss him until he can't snort anymore.

 

they ate in complete silence, enjoying the comfortable silence. they washed the dishes together before climbing up the stairs.

baekhyun peeks into their kid's room before going on their own. "i'm going to take a shower." chanyeol nods.

 

after doing the necessities, they laid down on their sheets. a contented smile of their faces.

 

"baek, our jisoo asked how we're still fine after all these years." baekhyun hums for chanyeol to go on. "i said, i'm just doing those things that you hate."

baekhyun laughs, the sound resonating their room is beautiful. chanyeol couldn't even will himself to look away at the image that's before him. two shimmering crescent eyes with mouth opened wide releasing the most beautiful sound that goes straight to chanyeol's heart; stays there and pumps it until he's sure he couldn't function well without him.

"yeah, you sure do. you're whipped." baekhyun says while wiping the tears of mirth in his eyes. he faces chanyeol. "you can't live without me." baekhyun says. "yeah, i can't." chanyeol says seriously. baekhyun feels something in his throat constrict him. "i love you." chanyeol confesses for the nth time. baekhyun feels his eyes brim with tears. "i love you too." he says and they shared a passionate night together, with their unsaid feelings and whispers of their names.

 

**

 

a/n

short fluff! jisoo and hyunyeol are adopted.

unbeta-ed.