Final

Family Dinner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever felt what it's like to only have one parent as a support? Well honestly, it's not that bad, for Haru nor Chen. Haru has been living with her mom since she was 15, while Chen has been living with his dad since..6 months ago. It's not like he minded, though, his mother wasn't the type of mother who cooks, she didn't tuck him to bed when he was a kid, too, it's like he's just a kid living in the same house, and nothing else.

But Chen loved his mother although she was never there for him. He waited for his mom to come home every night and massaged her shoulders and prepared everything. Call him a mommy's boy, he wouldn't care.

So there was a time when Chen actually thought of suicide, since no one cared anyway. Not even his dad. But then he was proved wrong. Someone did care, someone called Haru, whom he didn't know.

He let out all his frustrations and anger towards her, but she's still there. And her only reason was, she's been there too.

Haru was the best thing that's ever happened to him.

"Haru-ya!" Chen called out with a grin on his face.

Today they had promised to meet at the park, to catch up for the week and just to hang out. They've been dating for a few weeks, and although it's not much, Chen has never loved anyone greater.

Haru smiled back and invited him to sit on the grass with her.

Chen gave a quick kiss on the cheek and put his hand on top of hers. "I missed you,"

Haru plucked some grass and threw it at him, "you're too cheesy."

Chen cleaned his shirt and grinned. He plucked a flower and tucked it behind her ear, "it looks good on you."

Haru threw more grass at him but blushed.

When she saw Chen on the school rooftop trying to jump off the 4 story building, it was as if she was looking at a mirror. She could see her old destroyed self, trying so hard to leave the world of the living.

"Hey, Jongdae?" Haru faced him.

Chen looked up and met her eyes, those beautiful brown orbs..he could die in peace just by seeing them. "Hm?"

"It's not easy for me to say this, but do you know why I stopped you that time?"

"No, I don't." He moved behind her and hugged her from behind, inhaling her scent from time to time.

Haru leaned onto his shoulder, "I've been there too," she continued, "I tried to end it all, thinking that nobody loves me.."

"Haru.." Chen hugged her tighter.

"But then I thought, I'm going to die, without anyone loving me. I can't let that happen, I haven't experienced love, I need to love someone and someone to love me back," she said, "and now I have you. You're the best that's ever happened to me, Jongdae."

"You as well," Chen smiled and kissed her.

 

Haru went home with smiles on her face, and she greeted her mother who smiled knowingly.

"So, when will I get to meet your prince charming?" Her mother asked.

Haru rolled her eyes and grabbed the juice carton from the fridge, "oh stop, mom."

"What? I'm just asking." Her mother said. "Oh, and I have some good news!"

Haru poured the juice to her glass and put the carton back to its place, "what good news?"

"Well," her mother walked to her side, "I've been seeing a man."

"Really? How long has it been?" Haru asked.

Her mother grinned, "a few weeks, but here comes the best part; he wants to see you!"

"What?!" Haru nearly choked on her juice. "Whoa, slow down there mom. I'm fine if you're in a relationship with him or even have his babies -I'm just saying-, no offense but I don't want anything to do with him. Sure, he can be my step-father, so what. But I really don't want to get to know him."

She sighed, "Haru, he is a better person than your father. He brought me flowers the other day and he keeps on holding my hand."

"I believe you mom, I believe he is a better person than dad. I'm glad you found someone after you got divorced, but I just don't want to get to know him. I'm content with how I'm living."

"Alright," her mother gave up, "just don't be rude when he's coming over on Wednesday!"

"I won't!" Haru went upstairs and closed the door to her room.

 

Chen arrived at his house and found his father's shoes on the rack. It was odd to find his father home during the day, since he's always busy with work.

"Son, we need to talk." A deep voice behind him echoed.

Chen rolled his eyes. It's got to be one of those 'we haven't caught up with each other for a while' thing. Ugh, how much he hates that. Chen went to sit in front of him in the living room, "sure, dad."

"So," he started, "I realize that I've been busy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter