Final

The Survey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"Hey, can you help me with this survey project?"



That day, inside of the cafetaria, exactly a quarter past two when Hayi was doing her homework alone, those black-haired guy suddenly approached her table while holding a white-coloured book in his right hand, forming a thin smile with his lips awkwardly.



Hayi knew that tall guy. He was Choi Junhong, her former classmate, the one that always giving-off such an innocent feeling whenever he's around. Hayi knew him as a very nice yet sometimes awkward guy even though they had never been more than a mere classmate before but never did she expect him to come her way and talk to her first like that at all. Even though it looked like it was just really for the project's needs, nothing more.



"Sure," she nodded, gesturing him to sit in front of her.



Junhong pulled the chair back and sat across to her, still smiling awkwardly. "I'm sorry for the intrusion."



"Not at all," Hayi flashed a smile, swiftly closing her books to be more focus on answering his survery. She was aware herself that she wasn't very good on doing things at the same time afterall. "You guys have this kind of project? Sounds like fun."



He chuckled, and Hayi noticed he still had the same habit as before that he always did whenever he's laughing;tilting his head down a little. "Yes. This is fun. Indeed."



"Then I'm ready now," Hayi straightened her back and crossed her arms over the table.



Junhong stared at her for a moment, causing Hayi to wonder if he got something to tell her first, before he quickly pulled his gaze away from her eyes into the opened notebook on his both hands. He was reading the first question out loud. "What's your full name?"



Hayi raised her eyebrows, amused. "Lee Hayi. I'm surprised you didn't know."



"Just for formality," he grinned. "What do you usually do in your free times?"



"Listening music," Hayi answered, while watching the way he wrote each words down.



"Oh—what kind of songs that you like?"



"Everything except rock, I guess."



"Your favorite colour?"



"Ehm—white."



"Your favorite hang-out place?"



"Arcade. Maybe."



"Then, what's your favorite book?"



"And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos," she paused for a moment, noticing the surprised look that was drawn on his face, before decided to add in case he didn't have any idea about the book. "John Berger."



"That's a great book," he agreed, much to her surprise, looking very ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter