can't take my eyes off you

We Kinda Got Ourselves Married

Jessica gasps in half-awe, half-horror when she wakes up to the sight of Kim Taeyeon’s corpse lying face-first, a hand outstretched with an unfinished message to whoever is behind the customized handle name ‘black kid’. Upon closer inspection, Taeyeon dropped dead and left the message at ‘yul im losng conscidsuousness tell fany im sorry i wss th e on who broke her hsirdryeer also i love y’.

Quickly, she puts Taeyeon’s phone  her night stand so she won’t accidentally step on it later, and presses a thumb at Taeyeon’s wrist to check for pulse. When she can’t find one (due to Taeyeon being dead for real or her medical incompetence, she’s not sure), she grabs her phone and speed-dials Hyoyeon.

“Hyo?”

Hold on. I’mma grabbing my pants.

“You don’t even know why I called you?”

You cold-bloodedly killed your husband… wife… whatever while they were just tryin’ ta wake you up?”

“Oh my god,”

I was your first victim. Mmmm, see ya in ten countdown, friend.”

Hyoyeon hung up on her before she could even comment on the girl’s clairvoyance. Jessica plops down to her bed and massages her own temple, eyes darting from the door, expecting Hyoyeon’s dynamic entry arrival, to Kim Taeyeon, who looks like she has aged twenty years just from waking her up alone. Now what?

 


 

SCHOOL-YEARS MARRIAGE PROGRAM Q&A CORNER #1

Teacher in-charge: Kim Shinyoung

Kim Seokjin, class 2-1 (wife of Min Yoongi): I accidentally walked in on my wife dry-pumping his little friend while chanting my name and repeating phrases like ‘c’mere little ’ and it has been awkward between us ever since. He won’t come out of his room and I made one too much cupcakes.
Answer: I’d lock him from outside and throw the key to the nearest ocean if I were you.

Moon Byul Yi, class 2-3 (husband of Kim Yongsun): I think Solar just mixed my morning coffee with two doses of aphrodisiac. It tastes funny. And familiar.
Answer: Either you give her some or you give her nah. If she doesn’t take no for an answer, we have allowed students to pre-order divorce papers.

Choi Sooyoung, class 2-2 (husband of Lee Soonkyu): My wife plays more Minecraft than me. Play me, goddamnit. READ THIS SOONKYU.
Answer: You might want to block her laptop from any of World of Warcraft servers.

Jessica Jung, class 2-2 (wife of Kim Taeyeon): I think I accidentally cold-bloodedly murdered my husband.
Answer: I didn’t get paid enough to deal with this kinda .

 


 

Hyoyeon seems to be physically incapable of going through a door without kicking it with a spinning, stolen out of Naruto, kick.

The door crashes the wall behind it to the point of leaving scratch marks at its wake and Jessica couldn’t help but imagine Taeyeon throwing a fit later when she’s up. If she’s even alive. Hyoyeon scans the room, tiptoeing to Jessica and still manages to accidentally step on Taeyeon’s left leg. “Is she dead for real?”

“She doesn’t look blue, so I don’t think so.”

“No head bruise. I’d give it 5 out of 100 on the self-restraint meter.” Eyes still on the unconscious girl, Hyoyeon nudges at Taeyeon’s with the tip of her toe. “CPR?”

“I’m not good at mouth-to-mouth stuff.”

“Remember when I accidentally got you drunk on non-alcoholic drink and you kissed me ‘cause you thought I was Donghae? You were wicked at oral.”

Jessica shudders at the memory, scooting out a hand to land a smack on Hyoyeon’s , but Hyoyeon is fast enough to sidestep from the reddening girl. “Let’s leave it at that. Now, what to do…”

After-Jessica-Jung-Kickboxing therapy is something trusted buddy Hyoyeon good at. While Jessica is busy constructing a sincere-sounding apology in her head, Hyoyeon sits on Taeyeon’s slightly bending sideway body, specifically on her abdomen, with her tee shirt hiking up just enough for Jessica to stare at the shown flesh. She has a cute belly button. “How’s Tae?”

“Husband has been treating me nicely. A candlelight dinner with instant noodles is new.”

Hyoyeon is now toying with Taeyeon’s fingers, trying to crack-curl them. “Cheap, but cute. Girl is actually a fan of cheesy romance novels that left me cringing two pages in.”

“Didn’t know you two are actually close?”

Jessica watches with worried eyes as Hyoyeon forces a pointing gesture with Taeyeon’s limp right hand, directing the index finger at Jessica. “We’re cousins.”

“And you never tell me how?”

“Do you even know she exists prior to the whole marriage fiasco?” She has a point. That effectively shuts her trap. “Tae’s always holed up in her room playing banjo when she’s happy, strumming crappy ‘80s love songs when she’s angry, and reading o e-books when she’s . She goes out once in a blue moon with me and Yul and that’s it. I guess. Or when Fany’s in a shopping spree. needs to find either a willing chauffeur or a boytoy fast.”

So the banjo sitting prettily in the living room is actually not just some kind of half-assed decoration. The more Jessica hears about Taeyeon the more she’s convinced that Taeyeon is actually far cuter than she lets on. “God, your cousin is a cutie.”

Hyoyeon waves Taeyeon’s hand to emphasize the hell no. “When she’s asleep, yea.”

“She called me hot.” Jessica gets up from the bed. Time for a trip to the washroom. She needs to wipe the damn smile off her face. “You have fun with her. I’m going to whip up some wifey breakfast. You have something in mind?”

“Leave the bowls at two. I ain’t eating anything from you.”

“.”

“I’d rather eat charcoals.”

She fumbles her way to the kitchen, between eye-rolling at Hyoyeon’s rejection of her good will and giggling at what she has learned about the enigmatic Kim Taeyeon. That she is actually, contrary to her not-so-friendly demeanor, is actually just a puffy cheeseball. A cheeseball. Now the candlelight dinner makes total sense. She dons the embarrassingly pink apron, ties her hair into a ponytail, and ducks to the opened fridge, staring at the content.

…on a second thought, instant noodles, it is. For safety measures. Don’t want to surprise Taeyeon with a charred black kitchen.

Minutes later, she nearly knocks the two steaming cups of their 8 AM breakfast, startled by Hyoyeon’s glass-shaking shout of “TAE LIVED!”. Followed by more thumpings. When Jessica starts to get worried that Hyoyeon might be the actual murderer of her husband, the cousins appear, tee shirts as messy as their hair.

“Arm-wrestling, Sica.” Hyoyeon answers for her. “Anyway, I’m gonna check on my hubby. Peace out.”

When it’s finally just the two of them, Jessica steps up to question Taeyeon’s constant rubbing on her forehead, bangs a hot mess and a scowl in set.

“I woke up to Hyoyeon with a marker. With a marker. And it’s green. As soon as I tried to get up she wrestled me. Shock therapy, she said.” She points at the distinct addition on her forehead – a lightning bolt-like mark in bright green. “I’m the Girl Who Lived.”

Jessica can’t help but cackle at that.

Taeyeon supports her deepening scowl with a hand on the chin. “Get yer wand out and Wingardium Leviosa me to Jeonju. I’m sick of the Seoul life.”

Taking a seat across Taeyeon’s, she combs her eyes through Taeyeon’s messy (but y!) bed hair. Imagining the spaces of her finger filled with those yellow highlights. Mornings make you appreciate more things in life.

Now that she’s aware that Taeyeon has taken an interest in her, now what? Play the hard to get card?

But she needs to get the apology out of the way. “Sorry for beating you up because you were so easy.”

“Apology accepted only because I have a life insurance.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes. She has earned too many cute points in Jessica’s book it’s unhealthy.

“Want me to make it all better?”

“You’re Hyo’s friend. I can’t trust a kin of Hyo.”

Jessica ignores her and steps aside out of her chair, leaning to the front and notices how Taeyeon is trembling like a leaf. For the close contact. And the fact that she’s wearing a rather low cut V-neck… Taeyeon is a lucky front row-er. A hand parts Taeyeon’s bangs, revealing her makeshift Horcrux scar. Jessica leans in closer and lands a peck on her forehead, feeling Taeyeon’s breath hitching to a stop. When she pulls back, Taeyeon’s eyes are wide as saucers.

Jessica pulls out a smile she has practiced with Tiffany, the madame of 101 smiling techniques. “No homo.”

“N-no homo.”

Breakfast is eaten in silence. Taeyeon dropped her plastic fork two times already so far.

“You’re being weird, Taeyeon.” Jessica points it out for her, feigning obliviousness as to why. Tiffany will be so proud of her.

“Aftereffect of arm-wrestling. Hyo probably jammed my muscle nerves.” The way she adds a complimentary nervous chuckle makes it harder for Jessica to carry her cool.

“Want me to make it all bett—“

“No need!”

Sometime later, Taeyeon begins to strike up a conversation. Something about how Tiffany lucked out on getting Yuri as a partner. Jessica laughs at some of Taeyeon’s stories, particularly the one when she’s still a first year fetus and she’s caught skipping with Kangin and they spent the rest of their afternoon slaving for Ms. Song Jihyo, the faculty’s dominatrix.

Dishwashing comes even more naturally. Taeyeon volunteered but she denied her, telling the girl to sit and wait in the living room. Taeyeon did so almost too obediently, watching Sunday cartoons cross-legged on the sofa. Jessica sits beside her when she’s done. There’s a comfortable space between them.

“Let’s drop by the faculty office later in the afternoon to fill the form.” Taeyeon’s eyes are set on the cartoon with brown leather jacket-clad people swinging blades at people-eating giants. Lots of blood-splatter ensues. “Like, later. Let’s laze around for now.”

“Mmmm. My favorite Sunday activity.”

“You’re friendlier than you were yesterday.”

“Had a bad day. Just barely recovered from a cold.”

From her peripheral vision, she could see it crystal clear – the side-profile of Taeyeon smiling. “You look better when you’re all smiles. Far, better.”

Jessica fiddles with her phone, smiling dumbly at the screen. “I’m going to give my mom a call.”

“Sure.”

Mother Sica picks up on second ring. “Moooom,”

You’re awake? It’s not even past 12.

Giving your parents a call or two every Sunday sets the parents-child relationship at ease. Busan-Seoul has quite the distance, plus both her parents are over-achiever at work. Family dinner once a month, family outing once a year. Maintaining a steady contact proves to be challenging, but Yuri keeps egging her on it. Chatting with her mother’s muffled voice over the phone has become something of a routine. It used to be not.

She quiets down halfway through her story when a series of knocking resounds through their flat. Before she could get up, Taeyeon beats her to it. “I’m getting it,” she says while motioning a go on hand gesture.

“Thanks Tae.”

Tae? Who’s that? I thought you roomed up with your friend… Hyo… Hyoyoung?

“Hyoyeon. Tae is…” she’s not sure how she’s going to put it. “Wife.”

Wife?”

“Wife.”

Whose wife?

“My wife.”

You have a wife?”

“I have a wife.”

And you didn’t even invite me to your wedding?!”

After a laconic explanation of the “School-Years Marriage” crap she has been put through, she excuses herself from the phone call when she sees Taeyeon back in the living room along with Im Yoona, who’s carrying a stack of books.

“Oh my god, Taeyeon. You married Sica?”

Taeyeon takes half of Yoona’s books and put it in the table, nudging her to do the same. “Why else she’s here, Cap’n Obvious?”

Yoona looks unamused. She pulls up Taeyeon’s shirt, zooming in on the bluish marks on Taeyeon’s stomach while an imaginary beard before letting go of Taeyeon’s shirt when Taeyeon slaps her hand. “Proved. You wedded a Violent American Woman alright.”

Taeyeon drops to the floor alongside Yoona, before the table. The books forming a Tower of Babel.

“What’s with the books?”

Taeyeon snickers knowingly. “My wife is off to visit her parents. She left me these s and told me to read to ‘broaden my non-academics education’.”

Looking at Taeyeon who’s now laughing and Yoona who is jabbing a middle finger at Taeyeon’s flaring nostril, Jessica picks up one of the books. “What the hell? These are all self-improvements. Who reads them these days?”

“Seo Joohyun.” The first-year answers her, pulling Taeyeon in a headlock. “She told me to make a book report for each one. How am I supposed to read a 300-pages book about education over , love, and drugs when I just saw this mother-daughter documenter last night, you know, the one where the daughter has a peen.”

Jessica stops her book-skimming, a step away from popping her eyeballs out. Taeyeon hulks out of the headlock and pins the lanky girl to the floor. “Unfriend Yuri and up your game with Seo Joohyun! You’re in extreme need of her Buddha-like guidance!”

“You were the one who introduced me to the goat-on-girl series—“

The two struggle over dominance like two sugar-high honey badgers, rolling on the floor with Yoona aiming to pin Taeyeon down with her legs and Taeyeon screaming profanities while holding her ground better.

Jessica couldn’t take it anymore. “Okay, girls, now what to do with all these monstrosities?”

Yoona pauses in her attempt at choking the second-year. “I was thinking of asking for you guys’ help. Ya know. Half and half? Can’t take them down by myself when the last book I’ve read is an a novel Sulli recommended me… Fifty Shades of something.”

“Was it… good?”

“Better than the goat-on-girl o, yeah.”

Taeyeon sits up, throwing an unbalanced Yoona to the floor. “Why us when you have Yuri, goddamnit.”

Yoona purses her lips and fishes out her phone, showing a LINE chat history of her and Yuri.

Im Yoona: are u at ur flat???? Im coming over
Im Yoona: ayyyyyyy
Im Yoona: helpppp asap
Im Yoona: pause ur stupid titty-idol rhythm game u insensitive vag

Yuri The Pimp: you BROKE MY COMBO
Yuri The Pimp: i was like three clicks away from a full combo u
Yuri The Pimp: this better be important

Im Yoona: :D
Im Yoona: seobaby made me read like 10 self improvement books and she told me to write book reports abt it
Im Yoona: can u help me with half of em??? Im allergic to printed things that arent magz
Im Yoona: esp the ban ki moon biography trilogy theyre like… ostrich thick each

Yuri The Pimp: this conversation is over.

“See?” Yoona claws at her bony cheek. “I know you guys are the kind souls that will help me get through this.”

“Why don’t you just call it off with Joohyun?”

Yoona falls silent. Her eyes fell to the floor, a finger idly tracing circles on the red rug. “I don’t want to… I mean, she isn’t half bad.”

Looking at a quiet Yoona like this… maybe this rude of a junior is actually unknowingly swept off her feet by that 4D first-year smartass. Jessica exchanges The Look with Taeyeon, who has started on the first volume of the Ban Ki Moon biography. “Are you trying to impress her?”

A meaningful fifteen-seconds silence later, Yoona smiles sheepishly at the rug. “Don’t tell Yuri. She’ll make things Hell.”

“Oh my god,” Jessica lets out a high-pitched squeal and squeezes Yoona’s cheeks, earning a disintegrated yelp of ‘!’. “Rude as hell, but god, why are you suddenly so adorable?”

“Do noooot tattle…” Yoona manages to oust out.

Feeling sympathy (and Jessica couldn’t argue the fuzzy feeling on her tummy when she sees Yoona working so hard to impress Seo Joohyun, like, Im Yoona? Reading self-improvement books?), she and Taeyeon quickly start on their monster read, Taeyeon claiming the Ban Ki Moon trilogy.

Halfway through page 100, she decides to ask. “Why Ban Ki Moon?”

“He’s her ideal man.”

“…seriously?”

Taeyeon interjects with a, “The wonders of Seo Joohyun.”

An hour in, Yoona breaks down, her head rolling on the table. “I can’t do this.”

Jessica pulls the Way of Life: Education Over , Rock, and Roll book away from Yoona so the fuming girl won’t paste her drool on the pages. “Love takes effort. Now be a darling and do your book report, alright?” She taps on the blank paper. “Impressing Seo Joohyun. Isn’t that what you’re here for?”

A half and an hour in, Yuri appears at their door, face sullen. She brightens instantly when her eyes zoom in to the sight of Im Yoona slouching over a 300-page self-improvement tome. Yuri turns around, a hand clamping while the other holding her stomach.

“Traitor! on fire!” Yoona points accusingly at Yuri. Maybe in attempt to distract her hand from automatically throwing a book at the second-year. Joohyun wouldn’t like it if her collection were to be returned stained in blood.

Yuri joins their unholy union, sitting cross-legged. Taeyeon looks up from her book. “I haven’t updated our collection.”

The second-year rolls her eyes. “Don’t lump me into your sad o circle. I’m here because Fany is really noisy when she’s ing.”

Hearing this, Jessica nearly chokes on air. “Wait, what?”

“With Khun.”

“But they broke up last week?”

Yuri sighs, brows furrowed, jaws flexing. “Thickbrows knocked on our door so early in the morning. I was working out so Tiffany got the door. Turned out it was Thickbrows with a bouquet of pink flowers… like… everything pink, enough to blind the whole population of human. He asked her for a second chance. And a dinner. Something about him renting a yacht for the two… and next thing I knew they’re ing. Still ing.”

“Like… till now?”

“Yeah. You think the school will facilitate me soundproof walls?”

Jessica shudders at the mental image. “If wagering on their positions isn’t your thing, you can stay here. You’re always welcome here.” Plus, Tiffany can get really loud. As in dolphin loud.

Taeyeon gives Yuri a gentle pat in the shoulder. “We offer our condolences. The couch needs a nightly companion anyway.”

Yoona shoves an unread book towards Yuri – another self-improvement genre under the title of 101 Golden Ways to Glory. “Welcome to The Circle.”

Although begrudgingly, Yuri accepts the book and skims through it while lying on her back on the rug, quipping at how motivational the book tried to be only to fall flat and stupid every fifteen pages. In a sense, they make a weird little family of books and ty commentaries.

“Why is education important when makes babies? Is this guy secretly conspiring for human extinction?” “Aliens!”

“How come it’s important for us to know what Ban Ki Moon ate for his breakfast?”

“Smoking is a drug?!”

“This one photo of Ban Ki Moon looks like Jessica on her better days.” “Yeah. This one looks like Sica when she’s not menstruating. Which is never.” “Guys, hello, I’m here?”

Mostly ty commentaries.

Now, if only Taeyeon would stop stealing glances at her like she’s totally not aware of it…

 


 

Im Yoona is actually someone who gets things done when she finally puts her mind into it. Which was three hours in and after Taeyeon snapped at her for snickering at one page where it made an analogy of working hard with a dog’s dongs instead of actually working on the report. Yoona, then, grabbed her pen and started scribbling on all the things she didn’t laugh upon, and somehow pulled a coherent report, written in girlish curvy handwriting.

“We should’ve dragged Soo into this. She’s uber good at improvising.” Jessica comments, halfway through her report of a chicken soup-like book.

Yuri replies her. “Nah, she’s busy trying to bed Sunny.” She ends her answer with a supposedly-an-imitation of Sooyoung’s voice by raising hers two octaves higher, ‘Play me, goddamnit!’.

“Sunny’s into skirts, for your information.” Taeyeon supplies without looking up from her nearly-done report. It’s the last volume.

“Why am I surrounded with you gays?”

She feels a nudge coming from her left side and pulls away her eyes to face Yuri’s smug grin. “Tae here is actually a decent love interest once she gets her guitar out. She’ll make you feel the heat.”

Well, Jessica is feeling the heat alright. Summer gets even more uncomfortably humid when your partner’s glancing your way from time to time in a rather worrying frequency.

 


 

At 7 PM, they completed their reports. Surprisingly. Even though they spent half of the time gossiping and reading awkward passages out loud while replacing Ban Ki Moon’s name with names that came up to their mind. ‘Kim Hyoyeon’ was used in eight out of twenty-two phrases.

Their victory is, unfortunately, a short-lived one – it ends when Taeyeon gets the door only to see Seo Joohyun’s worried complexion.

“Um, e-excuse me, is Im Yoona in there…?” The air freezes as soon as Joohyun squeaked out the question, holding Taeyeon’s gaze while the constant tapping of her foot indicates her anxiety.

Taeyeon glances back while she stretches her right hand to the other side of the wall while her left shoulder lean to the left side, trying to conspicuously obscure Joohyun’s view. Jessica watches Yoona stupefied, probably not sure whether she’s found out or not.

“Now, what?” Yuri whispers to the three of them, eyes darting from their quiet circle to the doorway. “You going to turn yourself in or what?”

It feels like they’re some kind of drug smugglers. With Joohyun being the NPD cop.

Yoona, however, looks too calm for a soon-to-be-corpse. She packs her stuffs, piling the tomes into one Babel, putting back her stationeries and double-checking Yuri’s jeans pocket to make sure she doesn’t sneak one of her MONO erasers in.

Sighing, Yoona stands up, head hung high and posture a perfect straight A. She walks straight ahead towards the door, a solemn smile on her face, turning back for once to mouth “thank you for everything”. She flashes Yuri a pitying look while Yuri returns hers with a look that translates to “she’s lost it”.

“Seohyun!”

For a second, Jessica catches the way all the worries wash away from Seo Joohyun’s plump cheeks. “Oh, Yoona! I was looking for you all over the place…”

“How did you find me here?”

“I asked an upperclassman and they told me you’re “Yuri’s Surrogate Sister”, then I knocked on Yuri’s flat but I didn’t get a response, though I could hear… ermmm… ‘uh’, coming from inside.”

Poor Seo Joohyun. May whatever Gods up there sink their yacht and put them into retribution for ruining one’s innocence.

“A-anyway,” Joohyun continues after coughing into a brought up fist, “I brought dinner from my parent’s. Let’s go back,”

“Sure,” Yoona turns around, facing the rest of the unholy union, “thanks for the help guys,”

It’s weird, really, how much a person can grow in less than 24 hours. The Yoona of some hours ago might snap at the valedictorian, or maybe lies through her teeth that she’s completed all those by herself and whine about it later even though she’s the one who accepted it. The Yoona now, however, radiates chivalry and responsibility. Beside her, Yuri’s left agape, jaw nearly touching the floor.

Yoona steps outside along with Joohyun who’s bowing out of respects to the seniors and Taeyeon returns her 45 degrees bow with a couple of nods. Before Taeyeon could shut the door behind them, however, Joohyun’s eyes land on the Babel in Yoona’s hands. “Yoona! Did you complete all those…?”

Chivalrous and responsible Yoona replies her with a grin that beats out the sun. “Yup, I whipped ‘em out while those idiots fancy themselves with goat-on-girl os. What else have I been doing?”

 


 

Yuri left, saying that she managed to snog a date with the campus’ goddess Hyorin, leaving the two of them stranded on the couch, head craned facing the ceiling, staring blearily while their shirts are dampened with layers of perspiration. Taeyeon is the one who breaks the silence. “So, dinner…?”

“I think I’ll skip. I’ll crawl to the bed early.”

In her peripheral vision, she sees Taeyeon pulling herself straight with a loud ‘oof’. “C’mon, you can’t even sleep. Don’t think I haven’t noticed.”

She’s pretty sure her eyebags aren’t that visible. Up close, however… “I’m just not used to the new bed. I’m one picky princess.”

Taeyeon pries herself away from the couch, muttering a quick ‘wait here’ as she bolts into her room only to come back with a guitar in hand. Not a new or a particularly expensive model, but Jessica appreciates the obvious care the owner has poured onto. Sitting back on her previous spot, she readies the guitar on her lap. “Do you have a song in mind?”

Singing herself to sleep. Classy. “Something slow?”

“My choice of song, then.” Taeyeon begins to strum, something slow and eccentric. “This is Finnish’s folk song.”

“You’re so uncool.”

Taeyeon stops and lets out a hearty laugh. Jessica finds herself staring longer than she should. “You’re really friendly today,” she starts, voice smaller, softer, Jessica interprets, “you were really cold yesterday, though. Which one is the real you? I dunno how to act round you, really…”

“Which one do you want me to be?”

It looks like as if Taeyeon is forcing herself to swallow back words. She seriously should stop staring right now. “Alright, now buckle up, I’m gonna show you a show of your lifetime.”

“Steering the topic away? Smart move, Taeyeon. I’ll get back to you later.”

Taeyeon’s now facing her, eyes still not quite meeting hers. But it’s alright. This Taeyeon is definitely better than the awkward, scrambling Taeyeon. The playful Taeyeon who whipped out a candlelight dinner with instant noodles. The awkward puffin Taeyeon who got flustered over a friendly forehead kiss. “J-just… just listen to me. I used to play songs for Tiffany when she couldn’t sleep because of fights with her boyfie.”

Jessica feigns a pout. “So I’m not the special one?”

It amuses her how Taeyeon tries a little bit too hard to pretend she didn’t hear her question. “Pardon the way that I stare, there’s nothing else to compare…

“Oh my god, this song is like, centuries old.” Jessica rumbles with a laugh, at Taeyeon’s choice of song and Taeyeon’s funny and almost incoherent English. The effort, though, is worth a B in her book.

Maybe this Taeyeon is the one Hyoyeon talked about: the Taeyeon who expresses herself through songs so to not trip over her own words. Maybe it’s the Taeyeon Yuri mentioned: the one that will make her ‘feel the heat’.

The sight of you leaves me weak…

Leaning her head on one of Taeyeon’s shoulder, she closes her eyes. “This is kinda romantic.”

Taeyeon stumbles with her lyrics, messing the rhythm with a disrupting chuckle, “There are no words left to speak…”

Somehow, it feels comfortable. Not exactly right per se… just comfortable. Far better than trying to sleep herself off in an unfamiliar bed.

“I’ll just put this out there: I personally won’t divorce you tomorrow.”

There’s no chuckle, but Taeyeon messed the rhythm up once again somehow. Jessica doesn’t want to know why. Part of her is afraid to know why.

Oh pretty baby, now that I found you stay…

She couldn’t withstand another yawn, so she shuts her eyes and digs herself deeper onto the crook of Taeyeon’s shoulder. Inhaling summer and the beginning of something else and Taeyeon. “G’night.”

And let me love you, baby, let me love you,

 


 

Notes: (1) the song at the end is Can't Take My Eyes Off You. I've been listening to SNSD's take on the song for the past 24 hrs, looping it while crying over my projects u___u
(2) written in a rush! tell me if ya spot a mistake or two :'D upvotes and comments bring my alyfe