Sidewalk Chalk

Summertime with DaeHyun and YoungJae

"Jae-ah, look what I got. Wanna play"? The excited seven year old boy came bouncing over to his neighbor/bestfriend. He held up a bucket full of colorful chalk that his mother had bought for him. "Cool. We can use my driveway since it's bigger". YoungJae grabbed DaeHyun's hand and they ran over to the end of the driveway. The two boys had a busy morning tracing each other and playing tic-tac-toe. YoungJae's mother barely got the two to stop coloring for a quick lunch. 

After a lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, the boys went back to creating master pieces of houses and stick people. By dinner time, the Yoo's driveway was covered. YoungJae was a little upset when his father came home and  had to park the car on their art. None the less, the two little boys had a fun and dusty day.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Constructive-Playthings-Sidewalk-Chalk-Bucket/dp/B00362RYCQ DaeHyun's chalk

http://fatsuburbanitedad.blogspot.com/2009/03/suburban-sidewalks.html What always happens when you use sidewalk chalk.

http://blog.melissaanddoug.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/creative_chalk_hopscotch1.jpg One of my favorite things to do with sidewalk chalk.

 

I thought of this earlier when I went shopping with my mom. While looking through the summer toys at Dollar Tree she found a sidewalk chalk holder. That would have come in handy as a kid. My oldest and middle nephew and I would always play with it in the summer. The down side to using it was always that gritty, dusty residue on your hands.