The story ♥

What Are The Chances?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Tara did you hear your favourite K-pop band is coming to town?” my friend asked as she approached me.

“EXO! Really please don’t tell me you are pulling my tail” I would seriously hurt her if she is lying to me.

“I’m not kidding I even got the tickets Tara” as she handed me one of the tickets I started to fan girl. “Finally you can see your ultimate bias live” she said calmly.

“Seriously Yixing will be on the tour!” and she nodded her head and I screamed Yixing is my ultimate bias because he is a sweet heart off stage but on stage he is a y dancer. I’m surprised he will be on the tour; I thought he would still be in China promoting. “The way everyone is looking at us they must think we are crazy.”

“Like I really care I’m about to see Yixing live” at this point my friend should know me or at least what makes me fan girl. “Why are you not fan girling? Is this not our first K-concert?” She has remained calm the entire time I was off in my own world. “Yah! Exo is your favourite group not mine, yes Yixing is my bias in Exo but you love him more than I do.”  I rolled my eyes “then why did you buy yourself tickets?”

“I bought tickets because I do love their songs and this might be my only K-concert also. Plus who will watch you while you’re fan girling?” Oh right I might get a little out of hand while fan girling what does she think I will do? Run on stage and bear hug Yixing then again it’s not impossible. “The concert is tomorrow at 10:30 so be ready by 9:30 see you tomorrow.”

☆★

Later that day I was so excited I was going to my first K-pop concert let alone that it’s an Exo concert. I wasn’t paying attention and I bumped into someone. “Oh sorry” I said as I looked up I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

“Are you ok? I nodded and saw his smile and deep dimples; there is only one person in this world with dimples like that. I tried to keep my cool and not Fan girl and go nuts as he helped me up when he introduced himself I tried not to say everything about him. “Sorry about that I’m Lay or Yixing whatever one you prefer” And shows off his dimples again.

I brushed myself off and introduced myself “I’m the one who should be sorry anyway my name is Tara.” He nodded and looked around as if he was nervous of being spotted or lost and looking for someone.

Acting as if I was not a fan and he was another person I ran into on the streets I asked “are you looking for someone or are you lost.” He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment and nodded.  “I actually am lost I got separated from my group and we were on our way to our hotel.” I nodded “Nothing embarrassing about that, when I came to Japan for the first time I got lost also” and he laughed so did I “why  don’t you tell me the hotel name and I will bring you there deal.” He told me the name of the hotel and we started to walk to the hotel.

“If you don’t mind how you get separated from your group?” crap almost said Exo luckily I bit my tongue before that slipped out. “Oh that… well I was at a fan meet and greet and we were finishing up. When we made it back stage there were fans there and we had to all get out by different ways, we don’t know what happened with the security.” I suddenly felt bad for him and Exo because the fans just see them as dolls and machines not humans with emotions. They also have the nerve to go back stage and harass them.

“Oh sorry to hear that, some fans are just pains.” Yixing shook his head “it’s not your fault it’s the sasaeng fans fault. Actually you are the first fan not to go crazy and ask for a selca and an autograph or just start screaming.” I suddenly felt bad about fan girling when my friend gave me the ticket.

“Hey before we go to the hotel do you know any good coffee shops?” Lay asked although I have only lived in Japan for 3-4 years I have found a coffee shop that is not so popular but incredible coffee. “Yes I do know a coffee shop and it’s actually not far from the hotel” Lay flashed a smile and his dimples.

When we arrived at the coffee shop Yixing ordered a small coffee while I ordered a medium double-double with chocolate syrup topped with whip cream “chocolate syrup and whip cream?” He honestly looked confused “I also have a sweet tooth but eating to many chocolates makes me sick.” Yixing made an O with his mouth we grabbed our coffees, thanked her and headed on our way back to his hotel.

☆★

Fifteen minutes later we arrived in front of the hotel Yixing is staying at. “Thank you Tara for showing me a nice coffee shop and the way back to the hotel” we both said goodbye. When I turned around my phone went off and by the song choice Exo - promise it was my friend. I hoped Yixing didn’t hear it but when I picked up the call and turned around and saw the disappointment in his eyes my heart sank.

“Can I call you back I’m in the middle of something” and hung up before my friend could say anything I hung up on her and ran to Yix who looked like he was going to cry. “I thought you weren’t a sasaeng fan but I guessed wrong” I shook my head and asked him if we could chat privately, after some debate we walked to his hotel room.

“Well care to explain?” I looked down and started “so I am a fan of Exo and you are my ultimate bias. I would of went nuts over meeting you but after how you were separated from Exo at the fan signing,” I looked up and saw him on the verge of tears so I put my head down and continued “I felt bad and realized you are also human and that just because you are an idol doesn’t mean that you always want to be treated like one sometimes you want to be treated a person.” I apologized and just as I was about to grab the door knob Yix spoken.

“So this ticket that was in your hand was to our concert right” I turned around and saw the ticket my friend got me.  “Yes that is a ticket to your concert but how did you find it?” he laughed and I became confused why would he laughing when it looked like he was going to cry? “Tara I knew you were a fan as soon as I saw the ticket so I tested you to see if you were a sasaeng fan. If you were you would of never brought me to the coffee shop, you would of asked to meet Exo as soon as we got here. But what you did was showed me a little coffee shop, showed me the way to the hotel you acted like a friend to me.”

“So you are not mad” and he shook his head “but since I am your ultimate bias tell me why I am your ultimate bias.” Full of himself much or is he truly curious why he is my bias or is it how he is seen as a person.

“You are always smiling on stage but deep inside you are hurting because of what netizens say about you.” I paused and he nodded so I continued.

“You are the only Chinese member left in Exo and you always say you will never leave the group. You also don’t get the recondition you deserve you are an amazing singer and rapper but get little lines trough out the song.” He just smiled with his dimples *I swear they will be the death of me* but the next question was the one that confused me the most.  “Do you believe what the others say?”  Is he asking if I actually believe the stupid netizens?

“I believe you not the netizens that have nothing better to do with their time, even if SM doesn’t give you the recognition you deserve you wouldn’t leave because you are loyal even if you were forced out.”

“I guess you really are a fan and really pay attention.” I nodded and looked at the clock 4:30 and I am supposed to be home by 6:00 “Yixing I promised my family I would be home by 6:00.”

He looks over to the clock and sighs “pass me your phone” so I do and it looks like he added his number. Yixing passed my phone back and the ticket my friend bought me.

"I added my number to your phone. I will text you tomorrow around 11:00 ok?" Ummm does he not realize i can tell all the fan girls where he is tomorrow then again i don't want him to change his mind on letting me become his friend?

☆★

We said goodbye and I ran home. Let’s just say if i would have waited a second longer i would have been late. Supper was on the table so i ate then went to my room to figure out what the hell happened today.

First off i got a ticket to Exo's tour then me being the klutz i am i walked right into Yixing and fell on my behind. Then Yixing tells me how he got separated from the group and i was the first person not to fan girl over him when we met. Then he asked where a good coffee shop was and we both got a coffee then headed back to the hotel. Now i have his phone number and he said he would call me tomorrow.

I screamed into my pillow because this has to be a dream this only happens in dreams. I hear my phone ringing and the song was promise so I knew it was my best friend “what do you want?” I really didn’t want to talk to her right now after what happened today “who threw a rat in your pants?”

“You did” I growled “whoa how did I get you mad?” oh right I hung up on her when she called earlier. “You won’t believe me but I bumped into Zhang Yixing on the streets today” and she laughed “oh right you just ran into him while fan girling over the ticket.” I stayed silent “oh my gosh that actually happened?”

“Now you know why I was busy when you called me” I heard shuffling on the other line, I think she was getting away from her computer. “You have got to be kidding me that’s slim to none on bumping into an idol let alone your ultimate bias.”

I know telling her won’t hurt because her ultimate bias is Amber of F(x) “nope I did run into him today just don’t tell anyone ok?” I heard her hum and she knows I hate when she does that. “Just don’t tell anyone ok?” and again she freaking hummed again.

“You really have to stop humming it gets on my last nerve” I growled and hung up my phone. It was 7:30 by the time I got out of the shower and dressed for bed. I had nothing better to do so I went on YouTube and checked out some of my favourite artists. My friend keeps trying to get me out of K-pop; she only listens to Exo and F(x) and I listen to a lot of groups I don’t remember half my biases.

After hours of fan girling over BTS, Got7, B.A.P, and many other groups I look at the bottom of the screen 11:30. “Crap it’s late I better get to bed if I want to be up early” I usually wake up at 10:30 on Saturdays but this weekend I need to get up at 8:00.

☆★

I wake up to my phone blaring to a Zedd song. My brilliant friend thinks by using one of her singers I will get up and turn it off and it works. So I turn off the alarm and drag myself to the shower and mutter curse words under my breath for getting up this early.

My phone started to play Mirotic and when that song plays it is usually an unknown caller so I go over to my phone and answer it. “Annyeonghaseyo, who is this?” I never get phone calls this early in the morning unless it’s my damn friend being a pain in my behind.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Tara did I wake you up?” Yixing is calling me so yesterday was not a dream or I still am dreaming.  “No you did not wake me up I was up for half hour.” Why would Yix be calling me this early or at all?

“Oh well are you up for breakfast at the coffee shop from yesterday? I was stunned how he knew the coffee shop made small breakfast so I asked and he said he went later on at night for another coffee.

“Is it ok or are you busy this morning?” I thought about it and I would ditch my friend for Yixing because I truly want to get to know him as a person and not an idol. “Sure I’m not busy when do you want to meet?”

“9:30 sound ok to you?” I looked over to the clock and that gave me enough time to get ready and time to get there “yes that sound good. See you then Yixing!” I was truly happy he trusted me and thought of me as a friend and not a sasaeng fan that wants to get close to him and Exo.

☆★

“Hi Tara how are you?” Yixing asked as soon as we placed an order for breakfast and coffee. I yawned “I’m ok, tired but ok.” And he nodded.

 As we waited  for our food we chatted about what songs they were going to sing and some really made him feel sad “why would they make you sing miracles in December  didn’t Luhan sing the song?”

“Yes but since it is the Chinese version I have to sing it, any part of a song Luhan sang I get the parts now.” I felt bad because he was close to Luhan and now he has to sing his parts.

“That’s not fair to you Yixing and already you are casted to the background” and he just shrugged. We ate our breakfast and he told me how they dressed for each song and he said he got a solo on the tour which he loves.

☆★

Around 10:30 we said goodbye and I went to my friend’s house while Yix went to his rehearsals. “Hey I’m here. Want to open your door before I kick it open!” I yelled I couldn’t kick anything I would sprain my ankle if I did. “Yah quiet it I will be down in a minute. Geez I just got out of the shower ert.”

When she unlocked her door her hair was wet so it was true this time. “Yah you have bad timing Tara any worse I would hurt you.”

 I rolled my eyes why am I even friends with her half the time oh wait I know why because she is the only person who would put up with my fan girling.

 I walked into her house and did expect less no she was playing Zedd songs “seriously we are going to an Exo concert and you are playing Zebb music” I growled she knows I stopped listening to A-pop music when I started listening to K-pop.

“It’s Zedd and why should I turn it off? His music reminds me when I was in Canada.” Oh right I forgot she traveled all over where as I lived in Korea but moved to Japan for school.

“Sometimes I forget you travelled all over” and she walked over to the laptop to turn of the music.

“So why did you ignore my calls all morning? Out with the bias?” I nodded and she rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath.

 ☆★

Around 8:00 my phone starts playing Exo-M – Overdose and that was the ringtone I set for Yixing “Tara who is calling you?”  Crap why does she have to have an accurate sense of hearing. “None of your business just get ready” I was already dressed and make-up done.

 “Annyeonghaseyo Lay. Is something up?” why would he be calling, to make sure I don’t back out last minute?

“Did you check your jacket pocket?” what why would I instead of bickering I grabbed my jacket and checked the pockets and found something and gasped “I guess you found the backstage pass I left for you, I didn’t leave one for your friend because I want to talk to you privately after the show. Is that ok?”

 I was stunned why he would want to meet me after the concert. “Yes that is ok see you later!” my heart is racing now.

☆★

It was time for the concert to start and the first song was my favourite Moonlight luckily it was the Korean version they sung I really did not want lay to sing Luhan’s part in that song. 

After about 3 songs Yixing’s solo was up and his dance was so y I bet some of his fans were drooling over his performance. After his solo it was Peter pan and like he said the outfits are silly.

Towards the end of the concert they performed Miracles in December and lay did have Luhan’s lines which was unfair to him.

As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter