Moving In

Moving In

Yonghwa’s P.O.V

 

One evening in December 2012...

 

 

“… and we are all done!” Cheers erupted from various corners of the apartment , “yay! We successfully moved in!”

 

“Alright, boys! Juhyun's omma prepared supper for your hard work so let’s head downstairs, shall we?” Juhyun’s appa’s voice boomed across the living room, and proceeded to shuffle four of us out of our dormitory. Our new dormitory.

 

That's right, Cnblue had just finished moving into our new dorm after months of deliberation and consideration. We first started sourcing for new apartments two months ago when we were told by our company about the landlord not renewing our lease. Not that we could blame him, really. As much as I love our fans, the daily disturbances — not to mention the rubbish left behind after hours loitering by the entrance — caused for our estate surely wouldn’t get us ‘neighbours of the year’ anytime soon.

 

On hindsight, with FNC shifting to a new location as well, we could take this opportunity to move closer for convenience too. Despite the cosy set-up in my room, songs are still best recorded in an actual studio. Not that I can get any work done in my new room anymore, when a perfect distraction exist in the same building.

 


 

“Ommonim, kamsahamnida.” I thanked Juhyun’s omma as we were laying out the table with all the food, which the boys were pinching off the plate before it was even near the table.

 

With a subtle nod as we shared a glance, she understood the meaning behind the word of ‘thanks’. It was beyond the preparation of food for us. I’m appreciative of the fact that Juhyun’s parents accepted me into their family with so much trust and love, and treated me like a son despite us starting out as a ‘virtual couple’, although our relationship is very much real and stable now. In fact, it was her parents who recommended this apartment to us when I casually mentioned that our dorm’s lease was expiring soon and needed a new place to move to one night halfway through dinner. ‘Thanks’ was for the level of confidence they have in me, to be living in close proximity with their daughter.

 

“Ahhhhh, I feel so satiated now. Thank you, ommonim, for the delicious food.” Jonghyun said as the last piece of fried squid he stole right under my nose was inhaled as though he wasn't fed for days.

 

“Yea, we are so glad we moved here, now we get to eat homemade food more often.” Minhyuk’s eyesmile shone brightly as he continued, “I’m tired of cooking ramyeon whenever these hyungs —and a maknae — complain that they are hungry.” Okay, perhaps not so bright right now.

 

Seriously, these kids are just itching for a scolding session, “ommonim, ignore them. We shouldn’t trouble you too much.”

 

“Nonsense,” both Juhyun and her omma breathed out. “You boys can always head up here if you need anything, alright? Don’t worry about the time, we are used to Juhyun’s late nights as well. That’s the point of moving nearer after all, for me to baby you four since you are all living away from home.” Hearing that totally warms our hearts.

 

As the night got deeper with soft murmurs of our conversation gradually lulling Juhyun to sleep despite her repeated attempts to remain awake, I knew she was down for the night when her head rested on my shoulders. Signalling for the boys to leave for our dorm first as I picked her up to carry her back to the room, Jungshin’s smirk by the doorstep was not missed.

 


 

While I was straightening up after placing Juhyun on the bed, she tugged on the end of my shirt and refused to let go. Looking over to her parents for help, abeonim was just exiting the room as ommonim came forward to tuck Juhyun under her blanket, leaving a kiss by her ear and a whisper that resonates in the silence, “tonight only.”

 

Tonight? Ahh, she probably meant ‘good night, darling’. “Ommon—”

 

“It’s been awhile since both of you get to spend some time together, cherish it.” She then ruffled my hair with a smile before exiting the room, half closing the door behind her. A subtle hint, I suppose.

 

Slowly, I turned my gaze downwards towards Juhyun, snoozing off with that cute twitching nose of hers. “Baby, you can open your eyes now. No?” I chuckled lightly, and proceeded to tickling her sides.

 

“Ahhhhh...”, all of the sudden she just rolled over to the other end of the bed.

 

I swiftly climbed onto the bed and reached my palm over her lips. “Shhhhh!”, I whispered, “your parents are just next door!”

 

“Merong immida”, she stuck out her tongue at me as she snuggles into my embrace.

 

Aish Seo Juhyun, jinjja! There’s probably no other person in the world who could use jondaemal while playing around, but that’s what makes my girl unique!

 

“So my hyunnie does have this side of her, huh? I know how irresistible I am for you to be wanting my company, but what brought on the random sleeping act?”

 

“With your overseas schedules and our impending comeback, it’s been awhile since we met. Unnie-deul gave me this idea! They said they are going crazy if I ever whine about you one more time in the practice room, thankfully your reactions are on point.”

 

“And—” I prompted.

 

“And I just wanted to spend some time with you alone, even if we aren’t doing anything in particular.” Hyun blushed while burying her face in my chest, “I’m flying off tomorrow for a week. A whole day moving in with you and the boys, isn’t considered spending time with you.”

 

“Kekeke, Hyu~un!” I bounced (a/n: lack of a better word, refer to ‘Busan train ride’ when Yonghwa was disturbing Juhyun’s sleep to refresh your memory of that action) my shoulders repeatedly, jostling her and earning myself a slap on the chest.

 

I then bumped my chin on her forehead, prompting her to tilt her head back looking into my eyes, “I think it’s lovely that I’m always on your mind, and that you can freely mention me in front of your unnie-deul, so don’t go feeling embarrassed. In fact, think of me more often, alright?

 

“Ne~~~”

 

“So, how’s the preparation for your comeback?”

 

“Oppa, look at my fringe! I accidentally cut it along with my wig and it’s so—”

 


 

Morning sunlight escaped through the curtains in front of me, enhancing the beauty of the lady in my arms. Perhaps she sensed the gaze of mine admiring her adorable sleeping face, my baby woke slightly and attempted to stretch but felt her arms restricted. As she gently opened an eye halfway and peeked through, self-consciousness sets in and she tried moving backwards in a hurry, thus breaking out of my embrace.

 

“O-o-oppa,” Hyun asked in her sleep-laced voice as she tried stifling her yawn, “you’re still here? I thought you went back up after I fell asleep.”

 

“Since your parents allowed me the chance to stay, why not make the best out of it? I thought to have a sneak peek of what my future mornings are gonna be like in few years’ time, waking up to you everyda—”

 

“Are you disappointed, oppa? My tousled hair, sleepy bloated face without make-up, morning brea—? Omo!” Hyun shot awake and covered with the sudden realisation.

 

“Seo Juhyun~ You’re really cute!” As I held her face in my hands, drawing her nearer, “despite all these, one reason is all I need, because it transcends everything.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You are my Juhyun, mine,” as I touched my forehead to hers.

 

“And as a fair warning, I expect my mornings to begin with this everyday in our foreseeable future, arraseo?”

 

Pulling her hands away from her flushed cheeks with every intention of replacing it with my lips, I gently leaned in…

 

*Knock knock*

 

“Kids, come on out!” Ommonim’s voice floated in from the other side of the door. “Breakfast is ready, and both of you have schedules today. Juhyun-ah, your mingming (shosho) unnie called to say she will be here in an hour.”

 

We then glanced at each other and chuckled.

 

“I love you, but ommonim’s food is not to be missed too. Let’s go.” 

 


 

 

 

Epilogue.

 

“Appa, good morning!” “Good morning, ommonim~”

 

As we settled down by the dining table after Juhyun blended her ma shake, abeonim casually flipped a page of his newspapers and asked, “enjoyed your alone time last night?”

 

We looked at each other immediately as I forced down cough caused by a drip of coffee going down the wrong side, shock written all over our faces.

 

“Mianhe, appa. Were we too loud that we disturbed you?” “We were only talking, I swear!”

 

Laughters erupted from the kitchen, “see, yeobo? I told you, Juhyun is getting sneakier these days. You owe me one.”

 

“Omma, what do you mean?” Hyun asked confusingly.

 

“Juhyunnie, you’re my daughter. Do you honestly think I can’t differentiate when are you really asleep?”

 

“.. ohhh”