Epilogue

Unexpected Love

Hello! How have you been? I know this is a surprise for you, but I've been thinking about an epilogue for a while and now... Well, I hope you'll like it.

note: the epilogue is written in third pov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Park Shin Hye never liked the sound of her voice on tape. But she undoubtedly felt a strong feeling of pride when she would hear her voice on the radio, or at the news. She felt proud whenever she heard her name mentioned next to a solved case, or to a work of charity, or to any of her projects. 

That was the reason why she has always loved her job: it was the best way she could make a difference.

Shin Hye let the happy feeling take over her as she leaned back in the driver seat of her brand new car, that she bought a couple weeks ago. She was listening to the news on the radio, and it just happened to talk about her last article:

"...Ahn Won's trial will take place on 2nd of September, but the prosecutors are confident in their chances. Ahn Won was accused of money laundering after Seoul News reporter Park Shin Hye revealed her investigation on the matter in the latest edition of the newspaper..."

Indeed, few things could compare to what she was feeling then. People had already sent her encouraging messages. Last time when she dropped Saan off to school, even the teachers and the other parents talked to her about some of her writings. 

She was happy about her decision to stay at the best newspaper in Korea, especially since Director Yoon promoted one of her employees to take over her place. After practically reinventing the newspaper and making the sales grow, she would spend less time at the editorial office, only talking care of it like of any of her other business. 

Shin Hye had just left Saan at his soccer practice. He was very enthusiastic about his next game, the final of the championship. He invited everybody to come: Director Yoon Son-ha, Ko Ghang Seok and even Yoo In-na, that he met just a couple weeks ago, but he considered her a very 'cool' person. Even the relationship between Shin Hye and In-na got a lot better throughout time. 

First, Saan met Director Yoon at a dinner and they both seemed to like each other. Then, he met Ghang Seok and they immediately became friends. Saan would say that Ghang Seok was one of the best adults he has ever met. Still, the one he adored the most was Kim Woo Bin.

Knowing that Woo Bin was going to work the whole day, Shin Hye was surprised to see his name appearing on her phone's screen as it hanged in the car phone holder.

"Yes?" she answered

"Hey, babe. How are you?"

"Fine. I'm thinking about paying Kang So Ra a visit. You?"

"I'm great, but could you please visit her later? I'm sure So Ra wouldn't mind."

"Why?" Shin Hye asked 

"I have a surprise for you, but first I must show you something. I'll send you the address, okay?"

Intrigued, Shin Hye agreed. She used the GPS to find the place where Woo Bin said he would be waiting for her, for it was totally foreign to her. However, the neighborhood wasn't. A faint smile made its way on her lips as she passed the park where Woo Bin took her and Saan on numerous occasions. She had grown fond of that place, of the clean and nice neighborhood.

The house where Woo Bin said he would wait for her wasn't at all familiar, but it was very beautiful. After you pass the gate, you'll first see a beautiful garden with loads of flowers of all kinds, and a fountain in shape of swan. The white house was luxurious looking and it somehow reminded her of the Kim mansion, but it wasn't that imposing. It actually looked nicer to her, that likes simple things.

But the most beautiful part of the view was the man that was waiting for her on the stairs with playful smile on his lips and a devil-may-care attitude. 

Excited, curious, and unaware of what was going to happen, Shin Hye stepped out of the car and walked to Woo Bin. 

He opened his arms to welcome her. The shared a short kiss before Shin Hye's curiosity took over:

"What are we doing here?" she asked

"I'm so happy to see you too, love." Woo Bin said. He only laughed when she playfully hit his arm. "Well, two persons that are very important to me are moving in, and I promised to help. Come on, let's go inside."

Knowing that her boyfriend wasn't telling her everything, Shin Hye kept asking question after question as she followed him inside the beautiful house. Stubbornly, he didn't give her any straight answer. 

They went to the living room. On the inside, the house was almost empty. The were only a few cupboard boxes lying around the place. Shin Hye went to the large window that was giving her a nice view outside, while Woo Bin carelessly leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets and watched her. 

 "Do you like the house?" he asked

"It's marvelous" Shin Hye answered. Before she came, Woo Bin thought the same. But now, looking at his girlfriend with the sun rays caressing her smile, and taking in every feature, Woo Bin felt as if nothing could compare to her beauty.

"The people who are moving here are very lucky. Will you introduce me to them?"

"Oh, but you already know them. Pretty well, I could say"

Shin Hye frowned "I do?" she asked looking over her shoulder.

"Yes. I'm talking about ourselves."

At that, Shin Hye fully turned her body to face him. "You're kidding " she stated "You said..."

"I said that two dear people will move here." Woo Bin continued for her "I do have a weakness for my own person, and.." he took his hands out of his pockets and started walking to her. When he was just a step away from her, he took her hands in his "And you know I love you more than anything."

Shin Hye looked at him and understood it wasn't one of his jokes. "You're serious... This house" she looked around the room "this house is..."

"Ours." he finished for her "I'll sign the papers tomorrow. I first needed your accord. But I knew you'll love it. We'll choose the decorations and furniture together. You can pay for it." he finished as a joke.

It was their joke. After they first announced their relationship, some people would say that she was after his money. But as her name would become more known, respected and appreciated, and since she has never showed off with something that she couldn't pay for from her own salary (except the presents he would give her), those people had to shut their mouths, or at least speak slower. They both would always laugh at it. 

Park Shin Hye stood on her tips to kiss him. "Perfect." she looked again around the room "I can already imagine how it'll look." She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him another kiss "It's a marvelous surprise."

"Oh, it's not the surprise." Woo Bin said, confusing her again. "I told you I'll give you the surprise after I'll show you something. Now that you've seen the house... Can you please take a look into that box, love?" he asked nodding towards a box on the fireplace. 

Shin Hye looked at him doubtfully. He bit his lip, hiding a smile and looked at her expectantly.

She walked to the counter, and carefully opened the box. To her surprise, inside it was another box, one that was a lot smaller. It was a jewelry box.

She carefully took it in her hands, but she didn't open it. Instead, she looked back at Woo Bin. The box, his demeanor... Could it be what she was thinking it was?

Woo bin gently took the small velvet box from her hands. He opened it, making her heartbeat and her breath fasten. Inside it was a gorgeous white ring that had a delicate diamond.

Shin Hye looked at Woo Bin with wide eyes as he knelt in front of her.

"Park Shin Hye... Love, will you marry me?"

He looked at her expectantly, feeling his heart beat faster than any other time in his life. His love for the woman in front of him could make him live a rush that none of the deadly situations he has ever faced could.

"Yes" she said. It first came out as a whisper but then it became stronger. "Yes!"

Woo bin jumped on his feet and smashed his lips onto hers, and the two of them shared a breathtaking kiss. Then, Kim Woo bin finally put the ring on Park Shin Hye's finger.

It fit perfectly.