Third

Every Hour of Everyday

Early in the morning, Sungjae met up with Mom. Not me. I don't even know that he visited my house this morning before my mom told me. She didn't tell me any further. I didn't even bother to ask.

Maybe there's something they hide from me. I wish i’m not curious.

But I did.

We were having lunch together in my house like we always do. I didn't even dare to make a sound. I'm afraid that I will start the conversation about the secret they were hiding. Sungjae talked with Mom all the time, which made it weirder, because he never even bother to answer a thing while he eats.

But see now? He laughed at Mom's cheesy joke while chewing his steak. I glared at him secretly. One sec later, he choked.

I'm laughing, automatically. Okay, too hard that i started to cough.

Mom freaked out, because of Sungjae of course. She patted Sungjae's back until he got better. She demanded me to give him a glass of water, even when i’m lacking of air because of the cough. I'm a bit upset because Mom didn’t even worry about me....

But its normal though. She always treats Sungjae preciously. She cares more about him than her own daughter. It's annoying if I think about it. I usually just try to let it go....

Lets just let it go for now.

It's a nice Sunday. I shouldn't think about it. It's not the right time.

I don't care about my lunch anymore. After I gave Sungjae a glass of water, I ran outside the house. I don't even want to hear Mom's voice now.

I ran unstopabble.

Maybe its the start of my period today?

#

Its kinda weird and shocking that i have Hyuk's number in my phone. I called him to have coffee together. He agreed.

"How did you have my number?" Hyuk asked when we met in a cafe that was pretty far from my house. I didn't even realize that i managed to arrive at this place.

Its a relief that Hyuk talked right after he found me. I'm a bit afraid that I wont recognize him when he came. He might be upset again.

"Ask my phone. It's owner doesn't know too."

"Maybe Sungjae did it?"

"It makes sense. But I don't see what's his reason." I replied. 

Thinking of him only makes my heart hurt. 

"By the way, are you alone?" He looked around and it seems that he couldn't find Sungjae. 

"I am."

"But you're always with him." he pointed 'always'.

I chuckled. "We aren't good today."

"Oh? I wish you both will reconcile soon."

I smiled then I decided to stick with my coffee. It just arrived.

Then I suddenly remember about the fact that Hyuk was my roommate in the hospital when we were 8. I wonder if he still remembers?

"Hyuk," I built the courage to speak. "Have you ever being hospitalized?"

He didnt answer right away. "I have."

"When you were 8?"

"I think so." He replied. "Its pretty unpleasant to remember."

"Oh, sorry."

"Nah, nothing."

See? Its unpleasant to be hospitalized next to a 'corps'.

I decided to not talk about it any further. 

"So what's your first plan today before I called you?" I asked something lighter, even though its not too important for me.

"I was asked to clean the house. I'm glad you called. You just safe me from an endless work."

"You should do something for me then." I replied with a laugh. 

"Yeah, I owe you now." He replied as he sluped his coffee.

I shook my head lightly. "Hey, that's supposed to be a joke." 

"I meant it. Lets go somewhere you want today. I got my pay this week."

I smiled brightly. Its not bad to hangout with this kid. Who knows if we will be click soon? And one more good thing, he did say that he's the one who pay.

#

We went to the karaoke nearby the cafe. That's when i found out Hyuk's voice is more charming when he sings. He already sang 5 songs, three of them are rock. I jumped from here and there together with him while he the one who is singing. 

After he insisted a lot, i finally agreed to touch the mic and pick a song. I entered Destiny by INFINITE. I love that song.

"You sure you can do the rap?" He sounded a bit worry with my song pick.

"Yep. I actually learn it a lot. I respect Hoya." I answered with a proud tone.

"Lets see then." He said with a pleasant smile.

He almost reached his sit when I made a sound again. "Hey, what about we just sing it together?"

He shrugged. "I’m not master the song but i’ll try."

Hyuk got Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Myungsoo's part, meanwhile I took the rest.

But we yelled at 'Cuz you're my destiny' together.

Speaking of truth, its super fun!

I barely went to a karaoke with Sungjae. We both didn't really enjoy singing. Because of that, im pretty surprised that i enjoy this thing with Hyuk. We choose another songs, sing it together again.

Soon after, we went to a cinema to watch a rom-com movie. He requested us to play at the arcade, but i refused. Sungjae and i play at the arcade almost everyweek. We just decided to went home. Its a bit sad that we have to split at a halte. Our house are in opposite direction. 

"Hey, i almost forgot." Hyuk said before his bus arrived. He searched something in his bag then took out a little teddy bear. "I got it in an arcade when you went to the bathroom after the movie ended."

"Wow such a long explaination." I received the teddy bear with such a happy face. "Thanks."

"Its for our childhood promise." He murmured. 

"Huh?"

"No biggy." He forced a smile. "The bus came. Sorry that im the first to leave"

"Its okay. Thanks a lot for today," i gave a pat on his shoulder. "Hyuk-ah."

"Sure. See you tomorrow then."

He went in the bus and chose a sit. I could still see him from where i stand. He waved at me with a big smile, i waved back.

Then the bus started its engine and disappeared soon after.

I did have a good time today.

#

Its raining outside, the very next day.

"Are you mad?" Sungjae asked, i didnt let any words out from my mouth. 

We were in my room. He brake into my room in 9AM, when i still busy with the dreamland. I hugged the little teddy bear Hyuk gave me tightly, brushed its fur tenderly.

"Where were you going yesterday? You came home at night. Thats not so you." He continued to ask, sounds more worry and worry as he throwing the questions.

"What's wrong with that? We come home late almost everyday." I finally answered after the long silent. 

"Good you're not deaf."

I glared at him. "What do you want from me? I'm not in a good mood." I declared myself that im annoyed.

"Where were you yesterday? Were you with someone?"

"If i did, what will you do?"

"Why are you playing hard so sudden?"

"Wah, you sure have a lot of question. You could become a reporter or investigator."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Am I look like kidding to you now?"

"Why are you behaving like this?"

"Why are you overreacting then?"

"I--" He opened his mouth already, but nothing came out. He stood up and leaned onto the wall. His sight focused on the floor. 

Okay, this guy is getting weirder. I went to the city alone just once and he already acted like this? I had a good time, i came home with a little money spent, healthy, and my organs still complete. So, what's the problem?

"Okay," he sighed. "I'm just worried, okay? I thought you were meeting a guy and you probably won't need me anymo--"

He didn't even finish his sentence when i blurted, "Are you nuts?"

Really, what's gotten into him? I thought he was worried about me that i might get into an accident or what while i'm away from him. But all he thinks, i met up with a guy? Well, i did met Hyuk, but he's not count as a guy for me, though? 

"Sorry, but i dont know why that's what i think when you were gone--"

I rolled my eyes. I dont like this kind of situation. It only ends if someone ends it. So that someone is going to be me.

"Okay, let's just clear this. I have a good time yesterday and there's nothing to worry about because i have no one like. And also in the nearest future." I stood up, approaching him. He didn't even look me in the eyes before i hugged him. "I will be your best friend, forever and ever, okay, Yook Sungjae?"

"Yeah." he murmured. "But please tell me if you have someone you like."

I chuckled. "Sure."

"You should tell me, for real. " he whined. He pulled himself from the hug and let one of his pink finger in the air.  "Promise me."

"Kid." i blurted. But we did the pinky promise, though.

He finally smiled.

"But, hey. Why were you crying two days ago? My kick wasn't that hard though. That's not so you." I mimicked how he was questioning me a little while ago.

"Its because your answer back then." He answered in sorrow. "You said your brain damaged! How could you said that so lightly? My heart almost ripped into pieces after hearing that!"

I was remain silent. I just ... realized that. 

I did say that.

But its the truth that my brain damaged because of the accident when I was 8, which made me can't remember faces completely.

I ended up hug him again. I didn't even mean it but i'm glad that i hugged him. 

"Sorry. For being careless. For leaving yesterday. And for everything." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, too. I'm overreacting for nothing."

"Nah, that's fine." 

I pulled myself from the hug and patted his cheek. I have to be thankful because i have him. 

"Wait." I just realized something. "You haven't answer my first question."

"Huh?" he blurted. 

"What were you talking with Mom?" I asked once again. He was about to took a step behind but i held him and i pinched him on the stomach.

"Let me go!" he whined. "Kim Namjoo! It hurts!"

"Answer me first!"

"It's nothing!"

"Don't lie!"

"Fine! I'll tell you, but let me go first."

I did let go of him. I walked to my room door, stood there, so he didn't even have a mind to runaway before answer my question.

He rolled his eyes. 

"Its just.. Hyuk. He told me that he wants to meet your Mom. That's all." He explained briefly.

"Why?"

"They knew each other. Your mother used to take care both of you when you two were roommate in the hospital. They were close."

"Wah, Mom sure is always want a son. She should've just marry someone and have a son!" I yelled to the door, maybe she could hear me. "I bet there's time when she regret having me."

"Hey, that's too much." 

"Yeah. I think so too." I slapped my own mouth. Sometimes my mouth lose its control. 

I sat on my bed, Sungjae did the same beside me. We looked at the window for some quite time. The rain getting more chaotic.

"So...," Sungjae finally broke our silent moment. "We're friends again?"

"We're not friends." I corrected lightly. "You forgot the 'best'"

He smiled widely. "Right. Best friends."

"Hey, want to have a shower together?" I asked as i turned to face him. I grinned widely when he looked shock.

He flicked my forehead. "Are you nuts?"

I let out a loud laugh as i wrapped my forehead with one of my hand because it stings. "I mean, outside."

Sungjae sighed. "I just want to sleep here." 

"Sure then. I'm going alone." I stood up. I jokingly kicked him before i ran outside my bedroom. He catched up to the stair and pulled my hair. I pinched him as a revenge. 

That evening, we play together under the rain happily. No more hate on each other.

a/n

i actually edit this once but then the connection died and it lost so yeah this second edit not as my expectation i nearly crying right now why did i even edit it in aff without copy it to my laptop why daksajaksjfas sorry

thank you so much for everyone who subsribe and read this story! that means a lot for me ;;;-;;; i know there's a lot of grammar errors and typos here and there, i'm so sorry and thank you for bear it with me ;;v;; 

and its kind of filler and there's more characters coming, eh but not really soon, because i need hyuk to be close with them first ;;-;;

what am i talking about really

so i think... see you soon again in the next chapter!