I'll Protect You

I'll Protect You

And just like that, Xiumin and Luhan stopped talking to each other.

 

What started as a joke turned out to be a misunderstanding and a big fight.

 

It’s been days since the two haven’t talked. The members are actually getting worried. They talk to them to make up, but the two seem to be still angry and upset with each other. However, it’s no secret that deep inside, they miss each other. They feel sorry for fighting. They want to apologize but they are too shy to approach the other. They don’t know what to say. It’s difficult for the two of them to apologize to the other, not because of pride, but because they feel ashamed of arguing with the other over some silly joke that they had immaturely taken seriously.

 

 

After finishing promotions in China, they are now on the way back to Korea. It won’t be like the same as before for the two of them. Before, Luhan would be by Minseok’s side, protecting him from the harsh, pushy fans, but now, they are on their own.

After a tiring flight, they have arrived. As they go pass the immigration section, they could already hear the screams and voices of the ton of fans waiting outside the door to the lobby.

EXO has now lined up and is paired by two to easily guard and protect them from the fans. The guards started lining up beside them and covering them.

The door opens and dozens of several camera lenses click and flash in front of the boys.

The scream of the fans that are warmly, yet chaotically greeting them are deafening. Security tries not to break formation, but the force from the pushing fans was so great that eventually the boys drifted apart in the sea of fans that mobbed them.

Hundreds of fans scream their name. People push and pull and step on each other’s foot just to get a glimpse of their idol. A number of cameras flash from the fans and the photograph.  In this situation you couldn’t help but think how popular you are. Yet, this fame comes with a price.

While they seem to be protected by the guards surrounding them, in reality, they are being squashed by the bodies of the guards who are being pushed by the impatient fans that try to show their love by calling or touching them. Once they break free from the guards’ protection, they are faced with an even greater challenge of swimming among the crowd of fans. In return, they would be either pushed, stepped on, or injured by the fans.

This was the price they paid for their overwhelming popularity. This was the universe’s way of balancing the good and bad.Such a great blessing comes with a great sacrifice.


Xiumin walked among the crowd as he feels dozens of hands push his body, and dozens of light flash to his eyes. His body aches, yet he doesn’t show. His eyes tear up because of the light, but he bows his head so as not to show. He makes it seem okay, so as not to offend the fans.

When the camera flashes seemed fewer, Xiumin lifted his head to look at the members. He turns his head to the left and right, but doesn’t see any of the members. All he sees was a sea of fans waving, and screaming his name.

Xiumin panics. He wearily turns around and tries to look for the others.

“Where are the others?” Xiumin asks the guards.

“I don’t know, we were just following you.” One of the guards answered.

Xiumin’s face is now filled with worry and fear as he still turns his head to look for the members.

Suddenly, among the crowd, he sees someone wave a handkerchief in the air.

He recognizes the handkerchief and goes towards it. The person waving the handkerchief also went towards him.

As they grew closer, Xiumin smiles at the sight of the other member.

Luhan was trying to make his way towards Xiumin while holding up a handkerchief. He wasn’t with the members, or bodyguards. He went alone to find Xiumin.

Xiumin felt really relieved and touched by the brave act Luhan did. Xiumin knew how tough it must have been to walk among the fans unguarded, especially for Luhan.

When Luhan got close, he quickly grabbed Xiumin’s hand and firmly held on to it.

“The members are over there.” Luhan says as he points to the direction of the other members.

As Luhan led the way, he says to Xiumin, “Don’t let go.”

The two, along with the other guards broke through the swarm of fans in their way. Despite being pushed, and hurt, they continued to walk until they’ve reached the car.


Upon arriving at the car, Luhan made Xiumin go first, and then Luhan followed. The two sat together at the very back. Both were panting out of exhaustion.

As the car left, Luhan puts his arm around Xiumin and made his head lean to his shoulders.

“Go rest. You must have been tired.” Luhan says.


“Thanks… Also, thank you for getting me a while ago. And sorry for the trouble.”


“It’s fine. I was worried when I didn’t see you with the other members, so I looked for you. Luckily, I found you.”


“Thank you.”



“Next time, stay by my side… I’ll protect you.”



“I will.”