Chapter 14

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Looks like this is the right address." Donghae turned the car engine off before going out if the car, then rang the doorbell. He told the maid that he was the person that Jessica sent to go pick up her clothes for her. He didn't wait long since the maid was just waiting in the first floor with a bag ready.

"Here are her clothes. They got soaked in the rain, so I might as well bring them home." He gave the plastic bag with her black dress and blazer inside that she last used before wearing the hospital gown. Donghae can tell that the maid was confused and she was a bit in a daze. It was written on her face. He thanked the maid before driving back to the hospital to bring Jessica's clothes.

"Why does he have her clothes?" The maid looked at the contents of the plastic with open. She closed the gate before going back inside the house. She doesn't want to think of certain events in her head.


 Once Donghae got back from Jessica's house, he called the nurse to remove the IV needle from her arm. They let her arm bleed first before replacing the cotton and plaster with a waterproof bandaid that Donghae bought in the convenient store before arriving to the hospital.

Jessica went to the bathroom to shower and brought her clothes inside with her. She didn't worry so much about the spot where the needle was put in because it was covered with a waterproof bandaid. She was having a hard time shampooing and conditioning her hair with one hand because she was still having a hard time to lift her other arm up so it took her quite a long time to finish in the shower.

She dried her hair using the towel and brushed it to remove the tangles. Donghae was waiting for her on the couch while playing games on his phone. He noticed that Jessica was just drying her hair, so he didn't rush her and he doesn't really have anywhere to go to. He'll just go home after bringing her home.

"I'm all set." She said after a few minutes of drying her hair.

Donghae stood up and stretched. "Good to go?"

She nodded her head and walked to the cabinet to get her handbag. She checked if was damaged from the rain, but he was able to wipe it before they went out of the car when he rushed her in the hospital and he explained it to her. He knows that it's a signature handbag, so he doesn't want the tiny patches of leather popping out.

"Thanks a lot, Donghae. See you tomorrow at work."

"Uh, you're welcome. You're going home by yourself?"

"I can go call a cab. It's fine. You don't have to drive me home. Just go home and rest."

"What? No, I insist. You just got out of the hospital and stuff might happen if, you know." He doesn't actually have any idea how to finish his sentence. "And since I already know where you live, it's not actually a problem for me. I'll drive you home."


He held the door open for her and carried the bag where her clothes were placed earlier and the plastic bag containing the leftover fruits were inside it. He carried the duvet earlier in his car with him when he went to get Jessica's stuff.

"I'm really sorry for troubling you."

"What, no, no. It's fine, really." Donghae saw her look down while she was sitting on the passenger's seat.

She was quiet for quite some time before she continued. "I'm really sorry, Donghae. You seriously didn't have to bring me to the hospital and watch over me. I mean, that was just too much. And now you're even driving me home."

"But if I don't bring you to the hospital in your previous state, where else would I bring you, given the fact that I didn't know where you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter