Chapter 13

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae quickly showered and changed his clothes in the bathroom while Jessica was still asleep. Just like any other person who would stay with a confined patient inside the four walls of a hospital room, he was not able to get a good night's sleep because of his concern for Jessica. She might wake up to go use the bathroom or other stuff concerning her health might happen, so he only took short and narrow naps. Just closing his eyes to rest them was the most sleep that he got and he didn't mind it at all. The most important thing for him is he is being able to keep his eyes open for her.

He was back in his spot on the couch, playing games on his iPad with the volume turned all the way down, not wanting to disturb the sleeping patient on the hospital bed. After about some time, he saw Jessica move on the bed, slowly raising her arms up for a morning stretch. She rubbed her eyes, then blinked the remaining blurriness away before sitting upright, then adjusting the bed. She also removed the duvet that he brought in for her and placed her legs above it.

"You look better now." He walked towards her and helped her with the duvet.

"I'm feeling all better now." She flashed her signature half smile, then placed her hair on one side and fanned herself with the top part of her hospital gown.

"I guess you no longer need the duvet?"

Jessica shook her head, still with her smile on her face. "Not anymore. Thanks for bringing that for me."

He smiled at her as he was folding it. "It's no big deal."

"I'm gonna be discharged today, right?"

"I don't see a problem with that. You look fine now."

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom AND I can go on my own this time."

Donghae watched her going down from her bed and she did it with so much ease unlike before. "You no longer feel like your body's heavy?"

"Not one bit." She pulled the steel rod on her own before carrying it herself inside the bathroom. Yep, she was absolutely feeling much better.

He placed the duvet inside its bag, then zipped it when he was done. Just after zipping the bag, Jessica opened the bathroom door. He helped her carry the steel rod for her and she thanked him. "No problem." He smiled at her and watched her go back on the bed before sitting on the couch again.

Jessica grabbed her phone and from the bedside table and checked to see the messages sent by her grandparents. Just like the usual, her grandmother was checking on her and so was her grandfather, but the old man sent another message thanking her for sending them on a trip. She replied to both of the messages, then her phone suddenly started ringing.

"Our Jessica slept the whole day again yesterday?"

"And now I'm up. Belated happy birthday, harabeoji. Sorry I wasn't able to call yesterday."

"It's alright, dear. Your grandmother showed me your message. In other parts of the worl, it's still my birthday, so you weren't late. Thanks again, Sooyeon. We're really enjoying it here, but sometimes your halm- what, I'm just telling her!"

She smiled when she heard her grandparents' bickering again. She was sure that her grandmother hit her grandfather's arm. "Just tell me next time when halmeoni's not around."

"I sure will. Don't forget to eat. We'll get going now."

"Alright. You two have fun. See you in a few days."

She placed her phone back to where it was earlier and saw Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter