PART 2

Glimpse (of Memories)

 

Lu Han’s back to normal after the excruciating two months and one week of therapy. He can now move his arms and legs perfectly and he thinks that all those sweat have paid off (it’s not easy to climb the stairs with weights on your right leg and arm).

Rita’s suggestion of consulting Mr. Kim never left Lu Han’s mind. He’s afraid to tell it to somebody else because he’s afraid that others would just think of him as insane. He knows himself well, though. He knows he’s not. He decided to visit Mr. Kim and he’s anxious because what if he’s really insane? He silently prays that all these things are just the cause of his surgery, nothing more.

 

 

 

The doctor smiled softly at Lu Han and gestured for him to sit down.

“We’re lookin’ good Mr. Lu, what brought you here?”

Lu Han doesn’t know if he’s supposed to talk about his weird dreams- that don’t really fall under the category of dreams. Seriously, the emotions he could feel are too vivid and it’s not a surprise for him anymore if he could feel physical pain as well. It’s as if that those dreams, or maybe memories, are his, but Lu Han knows himself well. He knows that those scenes are not just dreams, they’re memories of a person named Sehun, whom Lu Han doesn’t even know. He’s also clueless if this Sehun even exist or maybe Lu Han created him. Who knows if the surgery actually went wrong.

He couldn’t bring himself to speak. His thoughts clouded his mind but his mouth remained close. He doesn’t know where to start.

“What seems to be the problem Mr. Lu?”

“Please call me Lu Han.”

Dr. Kim nodded. “Okay. What seems to be the problem Lu Han?” The doctor asked patiently.

“I-I’m having th-this weird dreams lately Mr. Kim…” There… maybe that’s a good start. Nevertheless, Lu Han doesn’t really feel comfortable talking about his condition.

The doctor just nodded again and waited Lu Han to speak more.

Lu Han took a deep breath and surprisingly he suddenly felt calmed. “They’re dreams that are too… no. I mean they’re dreams, but they’re kinda like a memory too. I mean, I know that sometimes your dreams are actually part of your memory, but I don’t think that they’re my own memories. Of course when it wasn’t my own, maybe I could just made it up or they’re just really dreams. But you see Dr. Kim, I’m not that creative, I could hardly create my own fiction story with vivid and intricate details. So I’m only left with one assumption: maybe those are just dreams…Though that’s not the weirdest part…

“What is it?”

“I could feel pain… physical pain when I’m having those… dreams or memories. Not just that, I could also feel intense excitement, or vivid sensations like when you’ve got a small cut. There are so many things that I could feel and they’re too real to be called a dream… is this… is this a side effect of my surgery?”

The doctor just smiled at him. “Yes, Mr. Lu. Although I’m sorry to say that science doesn’t have explanation yet on why people like you feel the physical sensations experienced by the persons that donated part of their brains.”

“Considering the advancement of technology in this time,” Dr. Kim continued. “it’s made possible for generous people to help patients easier. You see, there are people willing to donate part of their brains, specifically parts that make up the limbic system, the part of the brain that is responsible for human emotions, intellectual activities, and memories. The negative part is that those parts still needed to undergo further ‘editing’ to secure compatibility with the recipient’s brain. That really isn’t a problem though.

“Umm… okay?”

The doctor chuckled. He knows that Lu Han doesn’t understand yet.

“In your case, since your seizures are triggered by your emotions, we needed to somewhat alter the part of your brain called the hippocampus and amygdala. Those two are responsible for the integration of your emotions and memories to your intellectual activities. We inserted part of the donor’s hippocampus and amygdala to your own, but before that we scooped out most of your left side of the brain to ensure that seizures will least likely occur. And based on your records, the donor’s tissues are successfully working. It is even highly possible that you’ll never have seizure again.

The ‘dreams’ that you’re having… are actually the memory of the donor. They just usually appear when you’re asleep.”

“That’s ridiculous…” Lu Han whispered to himself. “So, are you saying that the donor is dead?”

The doctor’s smile faded and gave him a serious look before sighing. “That’s possible, though not all donors die, in fact, a good sixty percent of donors are still alive… they just donated parts of their brain, not entirely the whole part... You know, the most amazing thing is that our brain can still function perfectly even if some parts of it are removed… Just like your case.” Mr. Kim smiled at him again, and Lu Han’s not sure if he’s truly amazed.

There’s a long pause after that. He thanked Dr. Kim for the information, and he thought that after this meeting, he’d feel peaceful, but it turned out to be the opposite. There are so many questions that he wanted to ask. Just… who is this Sehun guy? Is Sehun the donor or just someone he created? Are the scenes he is seeing actually the memory of Sehun? He doesn’t know and Lu Han doesn’t know any more if not having a seizure is better than being tormented by someone else’s memory.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han visited Rita when they met again. He came out from the therapy room quickly, shouting his good-bye to Rita. Lu Han almost forgot that it’s his mom’s birthday and he still need to make a beeline for the nearest mall to buy her a gift. He’s supposed to ask Rita of her opinion before deciding a gift, but Rita’s latest rumours regarding the hospital and its staff made Lu Han forget about the dinner. Lu Han thought that it's a bit unprofessional, but who cares?

His mind is focused on what gift he should give her mom, but before he could turn into a corner, he bumped onto someone. The next thing he knew, he’s already sitting on the floor. He wasn’t able to register what happened, except that his hurts. The man hoisted him up, firmly but gently. He was greeted by those familiar lazy eyes and pink lips.

Lu Han was stunned. He felt like his breath stopped, because heck, this guy is just so gorgeous and he even look more handsome close-up. He will never forget the smell of his expensive cologne and how he frowned at Lu Han. Is it truly a frown? Or just a look of concern? He can’t tell. His train of thoughts was cut when the man spoke.

“You should mind where you’re going.” The man’s voice was cloaked with irritation before he picked up Lu Han’s bag. He tried to muster coherent statements, but all he could give is a simple “Th-Thanks”, and he even stuttered.

He walked past him and Lu Han was able to see his nameplate. ‘Oh Sehun’. Lu Han gulped and turned to Sehun’s direction. He can’t be the same person who owns the memories, right? His mouth worked faster than his mind.

“Sehun-ssi?”

The man stopped and faced him. He gave him a questioning look. The two were enveloped by an awkward silence, and Lu Han can’t stand it anymore. The atmosphere became really awkward and he chickened out. He ran away, like his life is being chased by death. Sehun was left confused but decided to shrug it off.

Lu Han stopped in front of a familiar coffee shop and tried to catch his breath. He clutched his chest tightly and closed his eyes. He’s never been good in running and he regretted that he ran. Now, what will Sehun think of him? He’s not even sure if that guy is the owner of the memories so he thinks that he’s absolutely being ridiculous. He convinced himself that there are many people who has a name of ‘Sehun’. Lu Han was lucky to remember his mom’s gift before those thoughts occupy his mind. Nevertheless, he knows that he’ll not have a good sleep tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han is still cooped up in his room. His mom doesn’t really want him to hang out unless he’s with her, or with other friends like Yixing. He thinks that his mom is being ridiculous and that he’s old enough to take care of himself. He’s going to repeat the whole semester since he’s been gone for a long period. The thought of vacation didn’t make him excited and he can’t even feel the exhilarating joy that vacation normally bring to students like him. Maybe because he knows that he’ll graduate soon and he can still feel the adrenaline of finishing his readings and doing tasks despite the long period he’s gone.

He sat on the windowsill and looked up the dreary sky. The clouds are dark and he suddenly remembered the child from his dream, how the child looked at him, as if wanting to him to get him out of the place. Then his thoughts diverted to Sehun. Or Dr. Oh. Lu Han’s breathless at the thought of him, and he doesn’t know why. He’s curious, perhaps. Sehun got him curious. What if he’s actually that child? He thought that it’s possible. Suddenly an idea came, surging like a wave.

He’ll try to find out more about the owner of the memories. What for? He doesn’t know. He just wanted to meet that child, if he does exist.

That afternoon, he called Rita. The two of them have been close since Lu Han’s therapy. She’s like an older sister for him, and Lu Han have longed to have a sibling. He invited Rita for coffee on the café near the hospital. She agreed to meet him, in exchange that he should treat her.

 

 

 

“So… why’d you call me?”

Lu Han’s not sure if he should tell her his plan, but Rita already proved herself. She can keep secrets and the two are already comfortable with each other.

“I’ve told you about my dreams, right?”

Rita just nodded while sipping her iced mocha.

“I went to Dr. Kim-“ he paused for a while and sighed “and he said that the dreams are actually memories of the donor.”

She frowned at Lu Han, confused, and a hint of doubt can be seen on her eyes. All she can manage is “Yeah?”

“Mm-hmm” he hummed and stirred his brewing coffee. He held the cup, and unconsciously brushed his thumb on the rim, a habit when he’s having a deep thought. “Anyway, can you tell me more about Dr. Oh?”

Rita smirked and Lu Han decided that he doesn’t like the meaning behind her smirk. He saw it coming even before she spoke. “You’re interested in him, aren’t you?”

“Don’t be silly.” Lu Han just shook his head and chuckled. Why would he be? He doesn’t even know that guy, except that his name is Sehun and he knows that they’ve met on a café before.

“Ha! I’ve seen how the two of you bumped each other… I could’ve laughed loud if I have not seen Dr. Oh’s scowl.” Rita sighed and drank her mocha again. “What do you want me to tell.”

“Anything would be good.”

Lu Han fought the urge to ask Rita questions while she’s telling something about Sehun. He learned that Sehun’s really young to be a doctor, he’s just twenty-five, two years older than him, and that he’s a total prodigy. He came from a very wealthy household, lived in Gangnam, and left Korea to study abroad. The rest of her statements centered on the patients’ fright of him.

Lu Han became bored to hear the things Rita said, making him slowly looking at the things outside, so when Rita mentioned the word ‘accident’, Lu Han’s ears perked up.

“Accident?” He looked up at her in confusion.

“Yeah… He quickly recovered, though.”

His thoughts went on drifting onto other things and he wasn’t able to clearly hear Rita’s other stories that aren’t Sehun-related. He thinks that maybe Sehun is the owner… or maybe not? He have parents. His attention diverted again to Rita when he felt that she’s leaning closer.

“Hey Lu… want to know something more?” She said, her voice is almost a whisper, and he’s sure that he won’t be able to hear anything if she didn’t lean close. Rita looked at the other people at the café, as if someone’s watching them.

“What is it?”

“Turn your voice down!” She hissed and continued what she’s saying. “There’s been a rumour in the hospital about him…”

Lu Han leaned close too and quirked his brow. “What about him?”

“They said that Dr. Oh is just an adopted child, and that his true parents died early.”

Lu Han’s mouth went dry. Maybe he’s indeed the owner of the memories.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han doesn’t know what he felt, but all he could grasp is that he has this overwhelming urge to know more about Sehun. He’d like to talk to him, and know what kind of thoughts Sehun is thinking, if he finds solace under the scourging heat of summer like Lu Han does, how was he able to move on after his parents died, things like those. He admits that he isn’t sure if Sehun is really the owner of the memories, but something is telling him that he indeed is.

Lu Han’s determined to know more about him, and his boredom for being idle for almost the entire month is half of the reason why. Yixing and the others are busy in university and his mom’s always at work. He thought of studying, but decided to shrug off the idea because of his curiosity, after all, he knows that he won’t be able to concentrate. All the thoughts of studying suddenly went away.

He contacted Rita to make arrangements with Dr. Oh for consultation. He’s just relieved that Rita didn’t ask anything regarding the arrangements because the latter’s busy, and he’ll not deny that he’s thankful for it.

 

 

 

He found himself on the door of Sehun’s office, only to lately realize that he forgot his purpose for visit. He reminded himself that he’d just like to know if the memories belong to him, but then he also realized that it’ll not be an easy one since he doesn’t actually know him. Who the would give personal information about themselves in the first meeting, besides, Dr. Oh doesn’t seem like he’s sociable. He didn’t notice that he’s been standing on the door for a good three minutes. He mustered all his courage to knock, and he’s about to knock on the door when the sound of his name stopped him.

“Lulu!” Arrrgh, it’s Rita. All his courage went away like dust blown by the wind. He turned to her and hissed at Rita to keep quiet, only to make the girl laugh.

“You can just walk in, you know…” He can detect a hint of teasing on her voice. He wanted to say that he just can’t walk in because he keeps on forgetting what he’s supposed to say, plus, he doesn’t know if he should lie (in which Lu Han is sure that he’ll end up doing anyway). He took Rita away from the door and talked to her in hushed tone.

“I was just about to knock!” he hissed. Rita just smirked at him, and next thing he knew, he was being dragged by her. His legs obediently followed her, though. She opened the door without knocking and Sehun isn’t even surprised. He just looked up from the book he’s reading when Lu Han was forcefully made seated by Rita.

“Look out for him Dr. Oh…” Rita said firmly and eyed Lu Han before closing the door.

Lu Han’s eyes stayed on the closed door until Sehun cleared his throat.

“What seems to be your problem… uhh.. Mr. Lu?” He asked while opening Lu Han’s medical records. His voice is soft and stern at the same time. Sehun’s face is oddly serene, a total contrast to the scowl he gave to him last time. He found himself staring at Sehun’s face, forgetting what he’s supposed to say, until Sehun cleared his throat again.

“Surely you’re not here to stare at me, right?” Sehun finally looked at him before smirking. Lu Han was left dumbfounded, blood rushed up his cheeks and his mind went blank. He felt squirmy under Sehun’s gaze before his hand unconsciously found the hem of his shirt.

“Umm..uh..” Lu Han stuttered, unable to face him.

“I think you’re just wasting your time-“ he was cut off by Lu Han.

“I-I just wanted to have second opinion regarding my condition… I mean since I was able to move my body perfectly now, I expected that some… side effects… of the surgery would disappear.” He hated the fact that he stuttered on the first sentence, and if Sehun was able to detect uneasiness, he decided to keep quiet about it.

“What side effects are you talking about?” Sehun asked patiently.

He isn’t sure if he’s supposed to say about the memories now, but he wanted to know if he really is the owner. The curiosity is overwhelming and he isn’t even sure what he’ll do after knowing who the donor is. He closed his eyes for a bit before speaking. “The memories, I-I can still see memories from the donor and…” you’re in there, Sehun “-and I can still feel physical stuff felt by the donor…” He wanted to ask him directly if he’s the owner, but Lu Han became frightened again. He doesn’t know why, but he decided to just shrug the thought off for now… only for now.

 

 

 

 

 

He meets Sehun regularly, painfully so, to the point where Sehun doubts that Lu Han really wants to consult him. He’s been having ‘unnecessary’ thoughts again, so he just tried to concentrate on the book he’s reading. He doesn’t really ask why Lu Han still consults him, but there’s this feeling that Lu Han’s looking for something, and he thinks that somehow, he has that something.

Sehun’s always been sensitive on the people around him. He can feel it when people are angry, when they’re concealing that they’re actually happy or angry… or sad.

Sadness.

He knew that feeling well. He’s just thankful for his foster parents, who, upon seeing Sehun in the orphanage, decided to adopt him without second thoughts. He remembered how his foster parents held his hands softly, and he can still feel the heat emanating from their smiles. They gave them all Sehun wanted, sent him to school, and even abroad to study. They treated him as their true child and showered him with love. But despite that, he still longed for his true parents, and every night, when his foster parents are soundly sleeping, he remained awake, sitting at the edge of his bed every night and staring at the dark, peaceful sky.

Lately, Sehun found himself staying up all night, not because he’s been staring at the sky again, but because he’s curious of a certain someone who’s called Lu Han.

What does he want from him? He’s certain that Lu Han wants to know but he was always able to stop himself whenever he wanted to say something really important. He isn’t sure why he keeps on asking for his second opinion because Lu Han’s perfectly fine. He can’t really talk to him about what he’s truly feeling because he isn’t a psychologist in the first place. He can feel that Lu Han’s words are calculated, and every word is carefully chosen, except when their conversations lead to the memories he’s seeing. He’d admit that sometimes he’s annoyed because Lu Han’s persistent on keeping his secret and honestly, he thinks that he somehow doesn’t like to know too.

He closed his book, and decided to go to the 24/7 bookstore nearby to buy another book because he had already finished the book he’s currently reading. He realized that his trip to bookstore is an apt one since, the book he’s ordered last week has surely arrived.

The trip to the bookstore is a silent one except for a few muffled sounds of cars of drunk drivers. The people have already thinned out, considering that it’s half past eleven. He slowed down his steps, opting to take a stroll at late night, realizing that he hasn’t done this in years because of his profession. He looked up on the sky and stopped for a bit. He was expecting to see stars, and was a little disappointed when he only found none. He sighed and continued his walk to the book shop.

When he arrived at the book shop, he was greeted by the usual man who sat behind the cashier and the musty smell of old books mixing with the new ones. Sehun likes the smell of books, in fact he really likes books. Books became his best friends.

He walked towards the man before exploring the books.

“Is the book that I ordered already arrived?”

The man nodded. “Yes, Sehun… It’s on the third shelf at the corner.” He gestured Sehun to go to the right side.

“Thanks, Jongdae”

When he already had the book in his hands, he scanned the other newly arrived books. He’s been concentrated to the book that caught his attention that he didn’t notice the hand of the other person trying to reach the book on the top most shelf. He was surprised by a poke on his arm.

“Umm… could you get that-oh!”

It’s Lu Han, and the two of them stared each other for a few seconds. Sehun thought that he’d never had a good view of Lu Han’s face and who knew that the other is actually handsome. He thought of the people he knew, and none of them is as handsome as Lu Han, matched by those pink lips, doe innocent eyes, and fluffy hair that made Sehun wonder how it’ll feel if he’ll run his fingers through that hair.

Lu Han cleared his throat and Sehun was interrupted in his thoughts. What was he thinking anyway? “Err… Pleasure to see you here Mr. Oh… could you-could you get that book for me?” Lu Han inwardly sighed in frustration because of his height.

Sehun blinked a few times before being able to comprehend what Lu Han said. “S-sure.” He frowned when he stuttered and reached the book effortlessly. “Here you go.” He handed the book to Lu Han.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked before grabbing the book he had ordered.

“I could ask the same for you Mister-“

“Sehun. Just call me Sehun.”

Lu Han looked at him with a hint of surprise in his face before smiling. “Okay… Thanks for handing this.”

“Sure, I think I’m going anyway… I guess I’ll see you around.” He smiled a bit to Lu Han, and the latter was surprised because he hasn’t seen him smile before. Sehun is always in his usual stoic face so he was left a bit awed when he smiled at him. It took a few seconds before he understood what Sehun had just said, suddenly realizing that this could be a perfect time to tell him about the memories. He quickly paid for his book before trying to catch up Sehun.

Sehun was already turning into a corner before he heard his name being called. He looked at his back and found Lu Han running towards him, his fringe being swift by the wind. He stopped before Sehun and tried to catch up for breath, arms on his knees. “Do you-Do you have time?”

 

 

 

 

 

They found themselves on a small café nearby, nursing a cup of warm coffee. Lu Han’s tongue tied again. He doesn’t know where to start, and he’s starting to get more fidgety as the clock ticks. Sehun must have felt that Lu Han’s starting to get uncomfortable so he decided to start the conversation.

“So… what’s the reason for your invitation?”

Lu Han bit his bottom lip before heaving a sigh. He looked at him directly and realized that Sehun’s really young. “I’ve said that I’m seeing memories… every meeting actually. The thing is… I really wanted to know something.”

Sehun smirked. Finally Lu Han’s going to tell him things… things that are important. “What’s that ‘something’?”

Lu Han looked directly at his eyes, and Sehun thought that Lu Han’s damn serious to the next thing he’ll say. He also thought that his eyes are very beautiful, but Sehun finds something mysterious. “I’ll say everything to you if you’ll come with me on a trip.” Lu Han didn’t know where he found the courage to ask Sehun, but he shrugged the thought off immediately when Sehun chuckled. 

“What makes you think that I’ll agree?” Sehun smirked at him before drinking his coffee.

“I just… know that you will.”

Sehun sighed and looked at Lu Han. “Fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

He thought that Sehun would never come considering that the latter is already one hour and ten minutes late. They agreed that they’ll meet at three and Lu Han trusts Sehun that he’ll come. He really wanted to know the truth, so he doesn’t want to miss his chance, not to mention that he’s been nagging his mom to let him travel on his own. Ten more minutes and Sehun hasn’t arrived. Lu Han thought that if Sehun will not show himself for another ten minutes, he’ll go back home.  

It’s already four-thirty and Sehun didn’t arrive. He sighed, then stood up. What did he expect? Of course no one would actually agree to travel alone with a person you barely know. How could he be so idiot, and when did he have the courage to ask someone he equally barely knew? Lu Han can’t deny the feeling of disappointment though. He hailed a cab, thoughts preoccupied his mind. He opened the door of the cab, and was surprised when a hand grabbed his arm.

“Sorry, he’s not taking the cab.” Sehun said to the driver quickly and slammed the door close. He bent down for a bit and catch his breath. He was greeted by an annoyed Lu Han when he looked up.

Lu Han sighed. He’s about to scold Sehun when the bus arrived. The two immediately climbed and sat in awkward silence. Sehun can still feel that Lu Han is annoyed, judging the crease on his forehead. Lu Han was silently watching the things outside when Sehun realized that he should really apologise.

“Look… I’m really sorry. I’ve had an unexpected surgery and the patient really needed my help… So.. yeah. I’m sorry.”

Sehun noticed that Lu Han’s crease on the forehead softened and he knows that he’s already forgiven. They sat in silence for the entire trip, until Sehun didn’t notice that he slept. He’s woken up by Lu Han, though.

“We’re here.”

 

 

 

They found themselves standing in front of an abandoned house and judging by the quietness, there’s no one in the neighbourhood anymore. The place is already isolated. Sehun felt really uncomfortable because how could he forget this house? He remembered how the grass is constantly cut by his father, the birds that sang the joyous songs, the smell of earth after raining, how he would silently pray to God… he remembered everything. The picturesque neighbourhood that is formerly filled with laughter and smiles is already replaced by tears and moroseness. The uncut grass, smashed windows, and the old paint opened the hole in his heart that he carefully patched up through the years.

He didn’t notice that he’s holding his breath until he felt a soft tug on the hem of his shirt. Suddenly, he felt angry towards Lu Han. How could he bring him to this place? It’s not like he knew anything about him. Sehun thinks this is not a coincidence. He closed his fists and his eyes. He’s trying to control his anger, because what if these are all coincidence. He doesn’t want Lu Han, who he believes innocent, to be the receiving end of his wrath. He has put a lot of effort to forget this place… to forget everything only to be ruined because of this.

Lu Han realized that he’s being selfish when he looked up on Sehun. But there’s no backing out, is there?

“Why did you bring me to this place?” Sehun mustered up all his patience to make his statement as calm as possible, but the tone on his voice made Lu Han think otherwise.

“The memories I’ve seen… they involved a child who lived at this place. And I saw everything. Everything that happened to that child. You see, I wanted to help him so badly, save him from all his miseries, but I can’t do anything. I can’t do anything to that child, Sehun, and it makes me feel bad because all I can do is to watch him.

Every night I see him in my dreams, crying, a total contrast of the same child who’s being carried by his parents, who’s being kissed every night before going to bed. I found him very adorable… I found his smile genuinely beautiful, but that’s replaced by lips that remained close into a thin line when his beloved ones have gotten into an accident. I’ve remembered that this house is once beautiful… with beautiful and happy people inside. They’re gone now, though. One day, I’ve seen him get carried away by people who work for the orphanage, and he saw me… in my dreams. He looked at me with eyes that are full of sadness and it feels like he wanted to cry for help.

Funny, because those dreams kept on repeating every night, like a video in a loop. Then I realized that the child looked familiar. His eyes look the same with the guy I’ve seen on a café when I was hanging out with my friends. Then I also realized that… it’s you, Sehun.”

Lu Han looked at him. “Am I right?”

Sehun scoffed before turning to Lu Han, his eyes are filled with anger but Lu Han isn’t a bit afraid of him. “Seems like you’re the one who got the parts of my brain… that isn’t the case though, Lu Han. The thing is, you don’t have any right to be nosy! Damn it, why do you even care, huh? Do I look like I want to join your mini pity party? I don’t in’ need pity from anyone… you got that? I’ve already forgotten all of these and I’ve worked very hard just to forget this, and now you stepped in my life and ruined everything! Damn you, Lu Han! Damn it! Just… Damn it.” The last words came out as whisper and Sehun turned his back to Lu Han. He doesn’t know if Sehun’s crying or what, but Lu Han knew that he made him terribly upset. They stayed like that for a few minutes, uncomfortable silence creeping in the atmosphere.

Lu Han felt very bad, if he hadn’t been selfish in feeding his curiosity, then he could’ve save Sehun from making him sad, and himself from feeling very guilty. He doesn’t know what to do, so he was startled when Sehun just walked away. Sehun stopped for a bit and looked over his shoulder.

“Aren’t you coming?” His voice is surprisingly soft, but Lu Han knew that his tone is coated with moroseness. He walked behind Sehun, afraid of what he might see on Sehun’s face. He already felt guilty and he doesn’t have the guts to show his face to Sehun.

The uncomfortable silence didn’t go away, in fact, it felt even more uncomfortable. The two of them never spoke on each other, and Lu Han’s trying his best not to look at Sehun. He wanted to touch his hand and tell him that it’s fine, that he doesn’t pity him or whatever, but then he remembered that the two of them are no more than acquaintances. He can also feel that Sehun’s the same, he’s trying his best not to look at Lu Han either.

Lu Han can’t bear it anymore, though. He took a glance at Sehun and found that the latter’s silently watching the road on the other window, he could tell that Sehun’s thinking deeply based on the creases on his forehead. He can still see traces of sadness on Sehun’s face.

The two of them get off the bus quietly, neither looking at each other’s face. Sehun has already walked away with slightly slumped shoulders before Lu Han caught his wrist. The former stopped and sighed before turning to Lu Han.

“I’m sorry.” His words are barely audible, but they’re there and Sehun heard it. Lu Han’s looking down, he felt ashamed to even look at him.

Sehun’s about to tap him on his shoulder, but he caught himself midway. He knows that he should still be angry at Lu Han, but then he realized that he’s been rude to him for raising his voice like that. He’d been too harsh to Lu Han. Lu Han didn’t actually do anything wrong, clearly, he doesn’t have the actual picture on how Sehun’s going to react. It might seem a bit irrational, but Sehun decided to just shrug off the events that happened this day despite opening up his wounds.

“It’s… okay. Just… go home. It’s already late.” He said softly, hoping to wash off the guilt from Lu Han’s shoulders.

Lu Han finally looked at him, surprised and at the same time concerned. Sehun thought that he looks like a kicked puppy. He smiled a bit and ruffled Lu Han’s hair softly before chuckling. “Look, go home now.” He said before walking home. He’s supposed to feel angry at Lu Han, but all of those were washed away when he looked at him. He knows that Lu Han must’ve felt very bad, and he longed to see those eyes again because it’s been ages since someone has looked at him with concern. Lu Han was left stunned.

 

 

Did Oh Sehun just smiled?

 

 

Sleep didn’t come to Sehun easily, as expected. Sehun can’t remember the accident itself, but he can picture the blood that flowed from his mother’s head, the crushed legs of his dead father, how the rain wasn’t able to wash off the scent of blood and death from that night. He can see the dilapidated bodies of his parents whenever he closes his eyes. He tossed and his bed, trying his best to get some sleep. Sehun turned to face the window, the light of the ethereal moon filled the darkness in his room. He stared at it for a while, then suddenly out of nowhere, an image of Lu Han popped into his mind.

Lu Han. The name gave Sehun a tiny wave of joy, so tiny that he wasn’t sure if it really is joy. Sehun decided that he likes the sound of Lu Han’s name on his lips. Lu Han’s curious, and he wants to know why he’s curious. He didn’t notice that his thoughts shifted to a certain blonde male before he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

After that incident, Lu Han visited him almost every day. At first, it is because he felt extremely guilty but then the visits became obviously frequent that Sehun’s almost sure that Lu Han’s not there to consult or apologize to him anymore. He never said a thing about it though because Sehun decided that it’s his break when Lu Han pays him a visit. He secretly likes it when Lu Han visits and he never thought that he’ll grow fond of Lu Han. Sehun didn’t notice that he’s slowly opening himself more and more.

If Lu Han didn’t visit him, he would wait for Sehun to finish his work. It’s been weird the first time Lu Han waited for him, and Sehun’s terribly guilty. He got used to it, though. Lu Han would invite him to places where Sehun’s sure he have never seen before. They’ve fallen into a comfortable routine: Lu Han would either visit or wait for him, then the two of them would go out or eat outside. Comfortable indeed.

 

 

 

“Say, why do you always invite me out?”

“Because I want to see again the genuine smile you’ve given me that night. It suits you… makes you more handsome.”

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han doesn’t know why he’s doing it, but his ambitious self likes to see Sehun’s smile more and more. It’s never an easy task to make Sehun smile. They’ve been terribly awkward after that incident took place, but Lu Han saw it as a challenge when Sehun smiled at him that evening. He’d developed this crazy goal that he’ll make Sehun smile more because smiling suits him very much. He doesn’t want to say it out loud, but he also wants to be the reason behind Sehun’s smile. He doesn’t know when it started, but Lu Han just woke up one day and then he thought that he wants to be the reason behind Sehun’s smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun never realized that he’s been alone for a long time, and he didn’t notice that he craved for social contact until Lu Han came. The strangest thing is that he finds Lu Han’s smile fascinating and he knows that he won’t get bored if he’ll have a chance to stare at Lu Han all day. There’s just something about him that drew Sehun close, maybe the odd comfort that he feels whenever Lu Han is around. Sehun can feel that Lu Han isn’t really the extraverted type either, but he knows that he’s a hell lot sociable than Sehun.

Sehun never wanted to admit it, but he’s attracted to the younger. Lu Han is something bright and unconsciously, Sehun made him the light that’ll eventually let him free from the shackles of his own misery. It’s dangerous to think of it that way because they just met a few months ago, but Sehun doesn’t like to be cooped up on his own shell anymore.

 

 

 

“Sehun… do you… miss your parents?”

“Yeah. A lot. But the burden’s lighter now.”

“Hmm… why is that?”

“Someone’s occupying my mind lately.”

“Yeah… who’s that?”

 

 

“You.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s work ended earlier than expected. He gave a silent farewell to his last patient before stretching out his arms. It’s been a long day and he thought that more and more people are coming to see him. He’s lucky that he doesn’t have any surgeries (and prays that there’ll be no emergencies), that always take most of his time. He felt excitement because he’s going to be able to go home and cuddle with his bed and eventually take a sleep, a real sleep. He thought that the coldness would easily lull him to sleep. He hasn’t been sleeping soundly these past nights, partly because he still miss his parents, the foster ones too, partly because of a certain blonde male, which he doesn’t have any idea why his image keeps popping on his mind like that, but mostly because of the surgeries.

Sehun never loathed his duty as a doctor, after all, this profession is the last thing he could give to his dead parents. It’s their dream: his and his parents.

He placed the important records on their respective places, and updated the records of his patients that day. It took him a good ten minutes before shutting down the computer. He took off his doctor’s coat, then switched off the lights. He fumbled for the keys before locking it. Sehun suddenly stopped on his tracks when he noticed that Lu Han is leaning on a nearby wall, clad with thick layers of coat, hands folded on his chest. He was staring at his watch when he caught the sight of Sehun.

His lips turned into a smile and walked towards Sehun. Sehun doesn’t know how the two of them became close. Is it after that incident? Or is it Lu Han’s "daily consultation" with him? He thinks that he can put his guard down when it’s just Lu Han because the latter already knows his secret. Sehun might not want to admit it, but Lu Han’s presence is comforting. He doesn’t want to admit that he’s sort of disappointed when Lu Han doesn’t take a visit in his office and because Lu Han stopped visiting for a while (insisting that he’s alright now), Sehun was left yearning for his smile. It might be ridiculous to say and admit, but he’s fond of the younger one.

“Hey.” He said softly to Lu Han after locking his door, facing the latter.

“Are you free tonight?”

Sehun was a bit taken aback. He doesn’t want to look too eager to agree. He tried to think of his exhaustion and his comfy bed waiting for him at home, but in the end, Sehun knows that he won’t be able to say ‘no’ to him. He doesn’t want to admit it but really, he’d choose Lu Han. His thoughts were cut off when Lu Han cleared his throat, worried eyes directly looking at him.

Sehun gave him a small smile before nodding. “Yeah.”

“Are you sure?” Lu Han eyed him and unconsciously tilted his head on the left.

“Yeah.”

He smiled at him and grabbed Sehun’s wrists. “That’s great!” Sehun almost felt that Lu Han wanted to frolic, but he stopped midway. Lu Han’s hands felt warm on his wrists. Sehun didn’t notice the smile that formed on his lips.

Lu Han let go of Sehun’s hand to hail a cab. Sehun almost wanted to grab Lu Han’s, the sudden absence of wamth sent him shivers. He dismissed the idea as soon as it came to his mind. It’s funny how they got close in a short period of time. The idea is a bit of frightening to Sehun because he knows that he can’t really open himself fast on people he doesn’t really know, but maybe Lu Han’s an exception. Heck, maybe Lu Han is always an exception.

The cab stopped in front of them and Lu Han climbed on before Sehun. They sat in a comfortable silence, both faces staring at the road.

“Where are you taking me?” He asked, while watching a kid smile at the puppy coming for him outside the window.

Lu Han turned to look at him, his eyes are adorably shaped into perfect crescents. “Just wait.”

“If you’re going to take me into something-“

“No. I’m not.” He cut off Sehun before he completed his sentence. He knows what he’ll say next, and Lu Han doesn’t want to feel extremely guilty again. “It’s not in that kind of place, I swear!” He said defensively. Sehun almost chuckled but he stopped himself when he saw the seriousness on Lu Han’s eyes.

“I know. I was just kidding…” He said softly before turning on the window again. The silence became a bit uncomfortable because of that, or maybe that’s what just Sehun thought because when he looked at Lu Han again, the latter is peacefully staring at the things outside. A few more minutes of silence, then the cab stopped at a restaurant.

The two of them climbed off the cab and was greeted by the coldness of winter. Lu Han’s nose was buried on his red scarf, but Sehun didn’t fail to notice the redness of Lu Han’s cheeks. They went inside the restaurant, the sudden warmness of air made them feel at home, together with the aroma of food being that made their stomachs churn. The restaurant definitely has a ‘homey’ feeling. They took a table near the window when the waiter approached them. Sehun was surprised when the waiter suddenly hugged Lu Han.

Lu Han was surprised by the sudden hug, and turned to look at the person.

“Kyung!”

“Hi, Lulu… How’ve you been?”

Lu Han gave Sehun a sheepish smile, but the latter just smiled at him. “Just go on.” He mouthed at Lu Han.

“I’m… great. I think my surgery’s a success, though I’m afraid to say that I need to start the whole sem again because of my absence.”

“That’s fine…” Kyungsoo leaned on Lu Han and whispered: “Who’s that guy?”

Sehun felt a pang on his chest when Kyungsoo leaned dangerously close to Lu Han. “Ahh, yes!” Lu Han said before he smiled at him. “Sehun, this is Kyungsoo, my best friend. And Kyungsoo, this is Sehun. He’s a doctor from the hospital.”

Kyungsoo’s big eyes widened and shamelessly gaped at Sehun. Sehun sticks his hand out for a hand shake, but the former didn’t budge, realizing that Sehun’s quite the guy. Lu Han nudged him, pulling Kyungsoo out of his reverie. “Ah, yes, yes… Nice to meet you Sehun-ssi.”

“Nice to meet you too.”

Kyungsoo leaned on Lu Han again. “Dang, you’re good at fishing guys out there, huh?”

“Shut up!” Lu Han hissed. “Just give those menus on us.”

Kyungsoo gave the menus on them before winking at Lu Han, then walked away.

“Sorry about that.” He gave Sehun a sheepish smile again. “It’s been a while since I last saw him.”

“It’s alright.”

They both chose pasta, and Kyungsoo gave Lu Han the I-know-you-like-him-look before Kyungsoo walked away. When their food was served, they ate in a comfortable silence. Sehun cracked the silence, though.

“Their marinara is delicious… I didn’t know that this place existed.”

Lu Han looked up and chuckled. “They should be… By the way, this restaurant just opened last year, and Kyungsoo’s parents own it.”

“Really?”

Lu Han just hummed in response before popping a fork of pasta on his mouth. “Kyungsoo’s good at cooking and it’s obvious where he got his talent.”

Sehun nodded and pulled out the napkin to wipe his mouth. “So… you and Kyungsoo. How long have you been friends?”

“Since first year college. Kyungsoo helped me improve my Korean.”

Sehun squinted at him. “You’re korean’s perfect, though…”

“Yeah? That’s great.” Lu Han ate his food in silence. He was greeted by the confused look of Sehun when he looked up. “Oh… yeah. I’m a Chinese, by the way. I moved from China a few years ago.”

A small ‘o’ formed on Sehun’s lips. Of course. How could he not notice? 'Lu Han' is not even a Korean name. Sehun wanted to laugh at himself that moment.

The two of them finished their food and bade Kyungsoo good-bye with full stomachs. Sehun thought that it feels good to eat dinner with someone again. He missed his foster parents too.

The air has been colder and it’s just quarter to nine. The neighbourhood is peaceful, and Sehun never noticed the beauty of the lit trees across the pavement. He never became a fan of Christmas, but maybe this one is an exception too. Lu Han talked about the most mundane things and Sehun swore that he finds it very endearing. He isn’t a talker type so he was surprised when he’s the one continuing the conversation while they walk. Lu Han’s surprised too because he almost thought of Sehun as a cold-hearted man, that is until when Sehun was still able to softly give him a small smile after that incident.

 

 

 

They found themselves sitting on a soft grass, looking up the dark sky littered with hundreds of stars. Sehun doesn’t know where they are, and it’s weird because he felt like they’re still near the city and there shouldn’t be an enormous number of stars that can be seen, or perhaps he didn’t know that they’re already far away.

Sehun became curious why Lu Han brought him to this place. “Why’d you bring me here?”

Lu Han sighed, and Sehun felt that Lu Han doesn’t really want to answer. He answered, anyway. “Nothing, I just… want you to see this.” Lu Han’s thankful for the darkness because Sehun won’t be able to see his blush. He didn’t know what Sehun’s response will be so he felt relieved when he heard the other chuckling.

“It’s beautiful… right?”

“You’re much more beautiful than the sky, though.” He blurted and the both of them froze. Sehun’s still trying to comprehend what he just said, because damn, did he say that out loud? Did he like Lu Han that much? Like?  What the hell’s that word? No. They’re still practically strangers, so no. Sehun cleared his throat, he knows that his face became redder. He mustered up all his courage to shift the topic into something else. Sehun doesn’t like awkwardness even though he’s awkward himself.

“Tell me, why aren’t you attending your classes?” He found himself surprisingly talkative today.

“First, it’s Christmas season and everyone’s having their vacation. Secondly, as you’ve heard a while ago, I’ve had too many absences…”

“By the way, how’re your… dreams?” Sehun asked with caution.

“You’re still there… same thing over and over. I’ve got used to it though.”

Sehun has to admit that there’s no bitterness on Lu Han’s voice, but he knows that those dreams make him sad even just for a minute. If anyone should feel bad, it should be him. He barely pulled out himself from the depression and he can’t imagine Lu Han being tormented by those dreams repeatedly. The worst part is that Sehun’s the reason why he experiences those nightmares.

Lu Han turned to him and the moon lights Lu Han’s face, Sehun has to admit that the light made Lu Han like a demigod. He’s breathtakingly beautiful… ethereal, even.

“Don’t feel bad… it’s not anyone’s fault, okay? I’m actually thankful because I know that I’ll never have seizures again… Besides, those dreams rarely occur. In a week, I could tell that I only dream about… them just once. It’ll pass.”

“I’m still… sorry.” It’s almost inaudible but Lu Han heard it.

They talked about whatever they could think of, and Lu Han found it endearing because Sehun’s opening up to him. The latter’s surprisingly talkative and Lu Han admits that he likes it. He likes the sound of Sehun’s laugh. It’s funny because he almost forgot how Sehun’s always serious in the hospital. The Sehun in front of him right now is completely different from the ‘daily Sehun’. They didn’t notice that the sky’s getting darker, but who cares? If the dark sky will only make the stars brighter, then why not?

Lu Han didn’t know why their conversation shifted into ‘kisses’. He was surprised when Sehun told that he already kissed, and been kissed by people he barely knew.

“Yeah?”

Sehun just hummed in response. “There’s this time that I got extremely drunk and the next thing I knew… I couldn’t breathe because people I don’t even know started kissing me.”

Lu Han chuckled because he didn’t know that Sehun also experienced wasting his time on clubs, but then he realized that Sehun’s also another human who craves for social contact. How ridiculous of him to think that the latter’s living a hermit life.

“How about you?”

“I’ve actually never been in a club… but I’ve already got drun-“

“No… not that. I mean… have you been kissed?”

Lu Han just stayed silent.

“So, you haven’t been kissed before?” Lu Han chuckled at the question and shook his head. A blush crept on his face. He felt embarrassed because, yeah, he’s never been kissed. He almost forgot the fact that he’s never been in a romantic relationship before. He looked at the moon, avoiding Sehun’s gaze because he’s scared that Sehun might notice that he blushed.

Sehun hummed in response and looked at Lu Han, his eyes carefully tracing the side of his face, and Sehun thought that he’s absolutely beautiful, how those doe eyes matched his nose and lips, he’s thankful for the moon. The other’s lips were slightly parted and Sehun’s suddenly curious on how Lu Han’s soft lips would feel against his. He didn’t know where he got his courage and- “Well… do you want me to be your first… kiss?”

Lu Han slowly looked at him, eyes confused, hoping to find any hint that he’s kidding. He knew that his face turned in a deeper shade of red and now he’s shamelessly staring and blushi- and oh!

His thoughts were cut off when he suddenly felt warm lips against his. He wanted to push Sehun away from him, but this is too good to be stopped. He suddenly felt that his eyelids became heavy, and concentrated on Sehun’s soft lips. The warmness of Sehun’s lips made Lu Han’s toes curl, and he swore that his body is on fire now. He only deepened the kiss when Lu Han tried to pull away, hands resting on both sides of his cheeks.

Lu Han’s lips were a bit swollen when they finally pulled away, partly from their kiss and partly from the coldness of the air. He rested his forehead against Sehun’s and smiled at him, his blush never went away. Sehun thinks that Lu Han’s red lips were a total contrast to the snow, a color that stood out from the depressing whiteness of the snow.

“I think… I think I like you, Lu Han.” That’s what Sehun can only manage. He started to become aware of his surroundings, and damn, he kissed Lu Han. He doesn’t know what to say next.

Lu Han kissed him again, a slight brush against Sehun’s, but it’s already more than the affirmation the latter needed.

“I think I like you too.”

 

 

 

They held hands that night, warmth against the skin of the other, under the eyes of the moonlight, afraid to let go of each other. Sehun thought that there’s definitely warmth despite the nearing harsh coldness of the winter. He never liked winter, but maybe now is an exception, because Lu Han’s with him, and he doesn’t care if it’s winter, or spring, or autumn. Lu Han’s more than enough to warm his cold disposition of life. He’s more than enough to make Sehun happy.

 

 

 

 

 

They went out almost every day before Lu Han officially started his last semester before graduating. He’s been very busy and he didn’t had the chance to meet Sehun even just for a day. Lu Han’s extremely relieved to finally finish his thesis that took almost one year and a half to finish. Yixing’s constantly worried about Lu Han’s health again, but the latter just assured him that he’ll be fine.

Sehun would call Lu Han every night, and the latter’s extremely thankful that his boyfriend finds time to talk to him despite his equally busy schedule. Lu Han constantly yearns for Sehun’s voice because Sehun’s voice lulls him easily to sleep, and it makes him comfortable, making him forget the exhaustion deep down his muscles and brain. Sehun patiently waits for Lu Han’s steady breath, a sign that he’s already asleep, before hanging up. And he does that every night.

Quizzes, homeworks, projects, and upcoming defence drove Lu Han near his limits. He almost collapsed from exhaustion and he felt a tinge of fear for his health. The heaviest burden from the defence was finally washed off from his shoulders after he defended successfully his study. He’d been too busy that he wasn’t able to notice the constant buzz of his phone.

 

After surviving another day of lectures and tortures, he immediately went to his dorm and lie down to the softest bed ever, forgetting to kick off his shoes and taking off his backpack. Sleep easily consumed him, and his dreams drifted off to Sehun.

 

 

Lu Han was woken up by a gentle hand caressing his hair. He tried to inch closer to the warm hand, trying to get more. He finally opened his bleary eyes, blinking a few times before he was greeted by a warm smile. When the thought of Sehun sank in, he quickly got up and turned to Sehun with a confused face.

Sehun just sat beside him, grinning. Lu Han ran a hand to his already messy hair before chuckling, a blush slowly creeping on his cheeks. He felt embarrassed because Sehun just have to see him in a dishevelled state. He pulled his blanket to cover his face, but Sehun stopped him immediately.

“Don’t. You’re cute”

Lu Han blushed deeper and decided to just lean on Sehun’s shoulder, forehead resting on Sehun’s shoulder so that Sehun won’t be able to see his face.

“How long have you been here?”

Sehun put his arms around Lu Han’s waist to pull him closer. “About five minutes ago. The kind dimpled-guy let me in…”

“His name’s Yixing.” Lu Han chuckled before kissing Sehun on his cheek. “What time is it?”

“eight… Yixing… said that you’ve been out for almost six hours. Have you eaten your dinner?”

Lu Han just shook his head before yawning. “I don’t exactly have the appetite to eat.” Sehun shifted the two of them so that Lu Han’s head would comfortably rest against his chest. The warmth emanating from Sehun’s body made Lu Han cling closer to him. Sehun’s hand rested on Lu Han’s waist, while the other caressed his hair. “I think I’m going now… you look like a ghost, Lu, and you absolutely need to rest.”

When Sehun tried to pull himself away, Lu Han just held him tighter. Sehun almost wanted to laugh because Lu Han’s being adorable, and he tried to stop himself from peppering Lu Han’s face with kisses.

“Don’t go yet. Please?” Lu Han whined. Sehun just kissed his forehead before adjusting Lu Han’s body on the bed to pull himself out from Lu Han’s tight hold.

“You really need to rest, Lu.” Sehun said patiently before kissing the crown of Lu Han’s head. Lu Han heaved a sigh. “Okay…”

Sehun chuckled. Sehun was about to get up from Lu Han’s bed before he felt a tug on his shirt. He looked at Lu Han with questioning eyes.

“Kiss me before you leave.”

Sehun smiled because Lu Han’s really being cute and he can’t really say ‘no’ to him. Sehun leaned closer and gave Lu Han a soft and lingering kiss. He kissed Lu Han’s forehead again before his lips found Lu Han’s ear. “I’ll be here tomorrow.” He whispered softly. Sehun got up from the bed and went to open the door. He took a quick glance of Lu Han before proceeding on his way. Lu Han slept peacefully that night.

 

 

 

“What would I do if I didn’t meet you?”

“We will… We’ll always meet.”

“What makes you think so?”

“I just do.”

“Lu Han?”

“Hmm?”

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han carded Sehun’s hair, fingertips grazing through soft silver locks. Lu Han likes the lingering softness of Sehun’s hair, likes it how the paleness of his digits complements Sehun’s silver locks. He doesn’t know where the boldness of his actions came from, but Lu Han knows one thing: he wants Sehun to feel that he loves him, his feelings are far from pity, far from wanting to save him from his own misery (though Lu Han admits that he likes to, but then Sehun’s not just any other man. This is Sehun he’s talking about, and even though Lu Han saw his miseries, he knows that he’s too strong for those).

Sehun flinched slightly at the feel of Lu Han’s fingertips through his hair. The latter noticed it but he just gave Sehun a soft smile. Sehun s his arm around Lu Han’s waist, silently beckoning the other to move closer to him. Then he can feel Lu Han’s hot breath at the crook of his neck. Lu Han placed his hand on the younger’s nape while the other continued caressing his locks.

Lu Han thought that he likes to treasure moments like this, where Sehun allows himself to be vulnerable in front of him, all facades are broken down into thin shards, and then Lu Han can see the part of Sehun he hides the most from others. There’s pride gnawing at his chest, threatening to be spilled whenever Sehun allows him to see him this way because he knows that those little actions are meant to be shown to him, only to him, but Lu Han brushes that away. Perhaps, he’s just overwhelmed by the fact that he was able to break through Sehun’s thick wall of ice, so when Sehun s his arm around his waist, Lu Han’s tempted to kiss him, to taste those soft pink lips.

Lu Han’s hot breath fanned Sehun’s neck, then he can’t stop himself anymore. He dropped his shy self and was immediately replaced by the strong urge to let Sehun feel that he’s not here to think that he’s pathetic. He planted a kiss on Sehun’s jaw. Lu Han doesn’t really know what he’s doing, but something tells him that this is the right thing to do, so he trails kisses on Sehun’s jawline.

Sehun didn’t notice that he’s holding his breath the entire time, it’s not that he’s new to this kind of situation, but Lu Han’s actions are much more intimate than the others, in fact, Lu Han’s actions are the only ones he considered intimate. Yeah, he doesn’t want to fall in love again, but maybe Lu Han’s an exception so when Lu Han kissed him, he tightened his grip on Lu Han’s waist, like he’s afraid to let go of him, or rather, Sehun won’t ever let him go.

Lu Han cupped Sehun’s cheeks with his two hands and stared at those dark brown eyes. He thinks that he can let himself fall to those abyss. He rested his forehead against Sehun’s, eyes closed and lips less than an each from each other. Lu Han smiled and Sehun felt it.

“Sehun…”

Sehun just hummed in response, because just like Lu Han, he also wants to treasure moments like this.

“Have you ever been kissed on the face?… Except for the lips of course.” Then Lu Han chuckled.

Sehun shifted the two of them so that Lu Han’s straddling his hips. He pulled back from awhile and thought if he’s ever been kissed other than his lips, and now that he thinks of it, he can only remember his mom’s kiss on his cheeks and he doesn’t even know if that memory’s just created by him or it truly happened, because if it truly happened, Lu Han wouldn’t ask that question right? He could see his memories after all.

“I-I don’t know? None that I remember of…”

Lu Han nodded.

“…Guess I have to show you then” Lu Han chuckled. “Close your eyes for me Sehun-ah.”

Sehun closed his eyes and allowed Lu Han’s soft hands explore his face. Lu Han caressed Sehun’s cheeks, then his nose, and when Lu Han’s thumb came in contact with Sehun’s soft pink lips, the latter frowned, and Lu Han can tell that Sehun’s trying to memorize every single thing he does, so Lu Han gently thumbed Sehun’s crease on the forehead then his eyebrows. He sighed when Sehun’s face relaxed then he, too, closed his eyes.

He gently kissed Sehun’s forehead, then his nose, his eyes, his cheeks, then his chin. Sehun’s pale face was colored by a deeper shade of red, and if Lu Han would lean closer to Sehun’s side, he’d surely notice that the blush reached Sehun’s ears.

Then Lu Han paused for a while before kissing Sehun’s lips. It’s an innocent one, a sweet and an innocent one. Sehun’s lips are chapped but Lu Han wasn’t able to notice it, instead, he can feel his chest tighten and he’s sure that if he’s a robot, his entire body would have a short circuit. Sehun’s other hand travelled upward and rested on Lu Han’s cheeks, unconsciously tracing small circles on his soft skin.

They pulled apart and Sehun rested his forehead on Lu Han’s. They stared at each other for a while and the silence that enveloped the two of them is comfortable, their hearts are the ones doing the talking, because sometimes words aren’t enough to express feelings.  

“Sehun…”

Before Sehun could reply, Lu Han pushed him so he’s comfortably lying on the bed. Sehun yelped and the next thing he knows, Lu Han’s kissing him and he’s on top of him. He continued to kiss Sehun, his mouth perfectly moulding on Sehun’s. Sehun ran his hands through Lu Han’s locks until his hand found Lu Han’s nape. He unconsciously drew Lu Han closer to him.

They stopped after a few seconds then Sehun kissed Lu Han’s forehead. Lu Han placed himself beside Sehun, comfortable resting his head on Sehun’s chest. They slept beside each other, feelings illuminated against the darkness of the peaceful night

 

Maybe Sehun’s just waiting for someone who could love him, someone named Lu Han.

 

 

AN: (For the dudes out there who are into medicine: nyaaa, sorry for the lapses in story. As you should know, I’m not med student or anyone near that field –idek why I took my bio seriously, but it’s absolutely interesting, at least for me…-) Rita… I took that character from Blood (WAAAH who are fans of ahn jae hyun coz seriously he’s hot and I’ve really appreciated the story and tbh it’s definitely my fave drama)