First date, first heartbreak

The dazzling you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SURPRIZE” everybody shouted when Krystal and L walked into the house. “Happy birthday to you” they sang. Krystal laughed and covered her face with her hands. Songjong stood behind L and whispered “L Hyung, we’re missing a candle.” “No, we’re not. Krystal is a year younger than me.” Myungsoo said “You’re kidding, right?” Songjong said. Myungsoo shook his head. “What? Younger than you; this means that she is my age. I’ve been calling her noona for years.” He complained loudly. They all laughed “Is it true?” Sungkyu asked. Krystal and Myungsoo nodded. “Burn” Sungyeol said laughing hard. “They tricked you all, not just me. Krystal and hyung, that was really mean.” Songjong whined. “Oh, he is cute.” Victoria said. Krystal patted his shoulder and apologized. “So, you planned all of this with my mum.” Krystal said “Sort of; you’ve got to admit you liked it.” Woohyun said. They all sat and talked for a couple of hours then they left.

Krystal was sitting in her bed playing the guitar when she heard a knock on the window. She put a scarf on her shoulder and went to the window. “Kris, open up.” She heard the familiar voice coming from the window. She laughed as she opened the window. “Seriously soo?” she said as Myungsoo jumped into the room. “I’ve always fantasized about this.” He said adjusting his T-shirt. “You’re such a teen. What are you doing here?” she said sitting on the bed. He sat next to her. “I told you. Why are you still up?” he said taking the guitar and the music sheet. He played the cords perfectly. “Can you sing along?”  He said. She sang the words she had written on paper. When she finished he complimented her singing then he started playing another song. “Mum will wake up if you sing.” She said but he didn’t stop.

maybe you're loveable
And maybe you're my snowflake
And your eyes turn from green to gray
In the winter I'll hold you in a cold place
And you should never cut your hair
'Cause I love the way you flick it off your shoulder

And you will never know
Just how beautiful you are to me
But maybe I'm just in love
When you wake me up

They heard a sound outside. Krystal put her hand on Myungsoo’s mouth till the voice disappeared. She breathed a sigh of relief, Myungsoo laughed. “By the way, how did you use to wake me up? The guys are suffering.” She laughed “That is a secret.” “You keep secrets from me?” he said “Every girl have her secrets. Mystery is attractive.” She said smirking. “You grew up.” He said ruffling her hair. “You know I wrote you hundreds of letters.” He said. Krystal asked him to show them to her but he didn’t have them. “Oh god, you’re so beautiful, dazzling. I’ll tell you this before Sungyeol does. Don’t read it now. Read it when I’m gone.” He said giving her a folded paper. She smiled and ruffled his hair “Oh cute, I said you’re staying with Woohyun oppa for too long.” “Wait till I start calling you cupcake.” He . “Myungsoo, if you ever do that I’ll have to kill you.” She said punching his shoulder. He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his side “I missed you, little brat.” He said “I missed you too, jerk.” She said hugging him. “Myungsoo and Krystal, if you’re done singing and playing, come to my room and bring your guitars.” Krystal’s mum shouted from her room. “She knows you’re here?” “Yup, we’d better go to her.” He said. “You knew he was here?” Krystal said to her mum “Of course, now sit down and start singing.” she said “Aunt, I have something to ask you?” Myungsoo said. His face was turning red and his hand was shaking. He took a deep breath and gathered his strength “Aunt, would let me date your beautiful daughter?” he stuttered as he said the words.

Myungsoo and Krystal stood outside the house. Krystal’s hand reached Myungsoo’s neck “You have a lot of lines. Keep your head up, Soo. I’m proud of you.” She said “I have an attractive Adam apple.” He said playfully. “You’d better get going.” She said pushing to the garden door. “So, I’ll see you tomorrow at 7.” He said and she nodded “Now, I’m officially your boyfriend.” He said holding her hands. “You have a practice in the morning, right?” she said “what are you going to do?” he said “I’m going to the cancer center with the girls.” “Oh, you’re singing there, good luck. And wear something nice for our date.” He said. Krystal punched his shoulder “I always dress nice.” She said with half a smile. He smiled “If you do that again, I’ll kiss you.” He said smirking. She laughed and said “I dare you.” He looked into her stubborn eyes then he pulled her to him bringing their lips together. He put one hand on her face and her hand with the other. She pulled away and took a deep breath. Their cheeks were burning red as they felt blood rushing to their faces.

Myungsoo finished his vocal training and was having a break when his phone rang. “L-shi, it is Victoria.” “Victoria-shi, is everything okay? Is Kris okay?” Myungsoo said in a worried tone. He heard a laugh “She is fine. I wanted to ask if you would like to come; we’re throwing Krystal a small birthday party at the center.” She said “That is good. I want to see you sing together.” he said smiling “Bring your friends too. The guys at the center would be happy. The more the merrier.” She said “I don’t think they can; we have to practice for the concert. I’ll try to sneak out and come. Just send me the address please.” He said. Myungsoo stood in front of the center “It’s great what you girls are doing; singing in a cancer center.” He said in admiration “It’s all because of Krystal. We never thought of doing anything like this. It’s her idea. You must be really proud of her.” Victoria said “Vic mom, we’re here.” The rest of the girls said. “They call you mom?” he said to Victoria. She nodded “I’m the oldest.” “That is good. We call Sungkyu grandpa.” He said and everybody laughed. “L-shi, Krystal is going to speak today. Aren’t you excited?” Luna said “L-shi, sit in the last row and try to hide. Wear this cap and cover your face.” Amber said “We’ll get the cake and come in. You’ll hide behind us, Okay?” Sulli said. Myungsoo nodded.

Myungsoo sat in the last row behind a tall man. People went to the front and talked about their struggle with cancer. His eyes filled with tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter