You&me, friends or more

The dazzling you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo walked the empty school hallway, half asleep, on his way to class. He was late, as always. Since he became a trainee he’s found it hard to wake up for school. As he reached the stairs he found a lot of people gathering. He walked to the crowed and people cleared a path for him. “That is strange.” He thought. But then he saw her sitting on the floor with her hand on her ankle. Her black ponytail on the side and she seemed to be in pain. He ran to her “Kris, are you okay? What happened?” he said in a worried voice as he knelt beside her. She raised her head and looked at him “I’m fine. I think I sprained my ankle.” She said giving him the ‘please don’t start a fight’ look. “Okay, let’s get you out of her. Can you stand up?” he said. She tried to stand but she fell with a small cry. He put her arm on his shoulder and he helped her stand up. “If you’re not going to help, move now.” Myungsoo said in a flat tone that had a warning edge to it. Everybody stepped out of his way immediately.

 “Can you walk with me or should I carry you?” he asked “I’m okay. Where are we going?” Krystal said “The nurse room, you fool. I don’t know why they keep saying that you’re smart? Apparently they don’t know you.” He said trying to cheer her up. She laughed “Well, they think you’re quiet and cold. Apparently they don’t know you.” She said and they both laughed. The nurse put a bandage around Krystal’s ankle while Myungsoo waited for her. “You should go to your class young man. Your friend is fine.” The nurse said “I’ll take her to class with me. I won’t go to hell on my own.” He said. Krystal laughed “You remember?” she said “How can I forget? I was grounded for a week because of you.” He said. She laughed “I think I was a mean person back then.” She said. He helped her stand and they walked out of the room. “I made you go through a lot of hard times. I bet you hated me.” “Since when do you care?” “I always do; you know that.” “Why are you so serious? Is it because you’re leaving?” “Soo, you know that I don’t want to go but you’re debuting soon and you won’t be free and I have to take care of my future too.” “I know. It’s just that I’m not used to not having you around.” “Say that you’re going to miss me.” she said playfully “In your dreams, Kris.” He said riffling her hair. “You need to stop calling me that” “When you stop calling me Soo. Why did you stop calling me Oppa?” “We’re in the same class. I don’t want to explain to everyone that I’m a younger than them. Who are you going to take to prom?” “I don’t know yet, why? Did someone ask you?” he said trying to hide jealousy. Krystal shook her head. He was relieved. “Still want to go to class?” he said. She shook her head “I’m sleepy.” “The library then?” he said laughing.

“Myungsoo, we’re playing soccer, care to join?” A guy said “Go, soo. I’ll be napping in the library, as always.” Krystal said smiling. Krystal sat in the library and watched Myungsoo playing. He was laughing and he seemed to be enjoying himself. She smiled and felt tears welling up in her eyes; she is going to miss him. She went to the music room and sat in front of the piano and started playing.

Myungsoo saw Krystal walking out of the library. He followed her quietly at a distance. He stood behind the door and watched her. She played a melody so familiar to his ears. It was the song that they used to listen to with their mothers; the song that he chose to sing for his audition ‘I was once by your side’. The sad lyrics made tears well up in his eyes; he knew that she was crying too. He took the camera from his bag and pictured her. He wanted to tell her to stay but he couldn’t. She’s been there for her all the time, through every rejected audition, through the hard trainee years. She always encouraged him to go on and keep fighting. He can’t tell her let go of her future for him. “Hyung, what are you doing here?” Myungsoo turned around and put his hand on Songjong’s mouth “Be quiet.” “Oh, you’re watching noona. Did she write a new song?” Songjong said then he opened the door “Noona, good morning” he said waving both his hands “I’ll kill you” Myungsoo clenched his fist. Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter