Chapter 1

Normal is Abnormal in its Self

     The cool breeze crept along the ground, leaves dancing in its wake. Kyungsoo shivered at the sudden change in temperature and silently wished he had brought a heavier jacket along. Odd. The weather was supposed to be warmer today... Frowning and holding his arms close to his body, Kyungsoo bent towards the cold air and made his way to school. Approaching the front gate his scowl turned into a heart-shaped smile at the sight before him. There standing at the gate was a short, sand haired boy arguing with a much taller boy with big ears and dark hair as another smaller Chinese boy tried to get them to stop. The sand haired turned away from the taller one and gasped in surprise at the sight of Kyungsoo and hurried over to embrace him in an air tight hug. "Kyungie!!!" He squealed in his ear. Kyungsoo just smiled and returned the hug. "Hi Baek it's good to see you!" This caused Baekhyun to hug him tighter, a slight gasp escaping his lips. Soon the giant put a firm hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and eased him off of Kyungsoo. "Careful Baek! You're gonna crush him to death!!" Baekhyun just huffed at the taller man and turned his attention back to Kyungsoo, who was still trying to catch his breath. " So are you as excited as we are about this new school year!!??" eyes lighting up with excitement. " I'm just hoping it'll be as normal as last year." Kyungsoo said looking to each of his friends for their reactions. A hard smack came to his back instead while the taller of the four just doubled over from laughter. "That's our Kyungie!! The same as ever!! I didn't expect anything less!!" The dark haired boy exclaims in between chuckles. Kyungsoo just stares at him before slowly smiling with murderous intent. " Park Chanyeol I am giving you 10 seconds to run before I smack that grin off your face." The dark haired boy known as Chanyeol shut up instantly and gulped as Kyungsoo started counting down from ten. Chanyeol quickly took his hand of his friends back and made a b-line for the front door of the school. Kyungsoo just laughed as his scared less friend ran towards the school. Baekhyun and the quite Chinese boy just snickered in response to Chanyeol's bravery. " I think this is definitely starting out as a normal school day." The Chinese boy chuckled whilst throwing an arm over Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's shoulders. " You said it, Yixing!!" Baekhyun chortled as the three of them made their way to the front door after their terrified friend.

       Kyungsoo quickly stuffed his lunch into his locker and made his way towards first period. The bell was just about to ring when he slid into a desk at the back of the room. His teacher gave him a narrowed glance and then went back to writing something on the board. The teacher quickly introduced himself and the subject of the class. "History,"  Kyungsoo thought, "my least favorite subject." The teacher was suddenly pulled out of his boring introduction when the door opened and a boy entered the class. All eyes turned and stared, including Kyungsoo's, as a well built and tan boy with blonde hair strode in and placed a note in the teachers hands. The teacher baffled at the boys tardiness gave him a glare before reading the note. "We seem to have a tardy student in our midst. Introduce yourself." The teacher said burning holes into the blondes head." I'm Kim Jongin. Hope we can all get along." The blonde said as he smirked at everyone. Kyungsoo gaped at him. How could he have the nerve to stride in here late on his first day and then smirk at everyone like an !? "Alright," the teacher said eyeing him suspiciously, "you sit next to....Do Kyungsoo!" The teacher said looking at Kyungsoo mischievously as if it was payback for his almost tardy. This caused Kyungsoo to shut his gaping mouth into a tight lipped frown. Kim Jongin just looked at Kyungsoo, eyeing him curiously like a new toy then smirked as he made his way to the desk next to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes unconsciously followed the boy to his seat and widened in surprise when the boy turned to him and said, "You seem cute. I can't wait to get to know you." Jongin then winked at Kyungsoo, causing him to blush and then swivel his head away from the blonde who chuckled in response.

This was DEFINITELY not gonna be a normal year!