I Promise You

I Promise You

POV: Luhan

As Luhan walks away from the love of his life, he can hear Sehuns heart breaking with every step he takes. Wiping away his tears, he runs back to his apartment, where he falls apart. Books fall of the bookshelf, dishes shatter, and sheets are thrown as Luhan thrashes around his apartment in agony. He hates himself for being so selfish, for causing Sehun so much pain, and for being so unreasonable. He doesn’t know what to do with himself anymore, what are you supposed to do with yourself when you’re a despicable human being? Luhan curls into a ball and lies on the floor, his tears running across his face, thinking about what Sehun said. It’s all true except for one thing. He is selfish beyond belief. True. He only thinks about himself. True. He doesn’t love Sehun enough to let him go. Tralse? He wants Sehun with him here in China so badly, but he’d be lying if he said that he wouldn’t be hurting Sehun. But at that point in time, he was just so happy Sehun loved him, and so excited, he got ahead of himself. He assumed he was the most important thing in Sehun’s life, but unfortunately for Luhan, that wasn’t the case.

 

“I’m such a self-righteous, arrogant bastard.” He thought to himself. “Of course I’m not the most important thing to Sehun. We haven’t talked for eight months. What was I thinking? How am I going to make this right?”

 

Luhan knew that he had to do something, but he didn’t know what. Drowning in desperation and frustration, angry tears leaked out from the corners of his eyes.

 

“GOD DAMN IT!” Luhan slams his fists against the wall, and slumps down crying.

 

He’s pulled out of his misery and back to reality when his phone buzzes, and sends a blinding flash of light across his face. Squinting, he picks it up and sees that he got a text message from an unknown number.

 

“Hey, I’m leaving today at 8:30….I just wanted you to know...I wish you the best hyung, I hope you’ll do the same for me.

 

-Sehun”

 

Luhan freezes when he reads the message, and reads it over and over again. He realizes that for some messed up reason, the world has given him a chance for redemption.

 

    Jumping up, he changes his clothes and splashes his face with water. He hails a taxi and tells the driver to floor it and get him to the airport as soon as possible. When he gets there it’s already eight o’clock, and there are fans swarming the gate where EXO is supposed to be. Luhan pales in front of the sight, he hates crowds, and he is never going to get through. Hopelessness begins to swallow him as he panics, until he sees a bright red beanie that he knew was Sehun’s. With a new determination swelling inside of him, he pushes his way through the crowd, trying to make it to Sehun.
 

“Please, please, please give me a chance to make things right. I swear I won’t ask for anything else. Please please please” He chants in his head as he forces his way through the fans.

 

By a of sheer luck, he manages to get past the rabid fangirls with minimal damage, and calls out to Sehun. Sehun turns at the sound of his name, and stops in his tracks when he sees Luhan.

 

“Hy-hyung what are you doing here?!?!” Sehun exclaims, looking at him


By now, Luhan has attracted the attention of all of his ex-band members, who are looking at him with shock.

 

“Luhan hyung! Its Luhan hyung! Hi hyung! I hope you’re doing well!” Chen yells about the crowd and waves

 

“Please stay healthy! We love you!” Lay says, waving as well

 

“Lets meet up sometime when you come to Korea ok? We can get steamed buns like we used to!” Minseok shouts above the voices, now elevated because of Luhan.

 

Luhan feels the tears streaming down his face, his ex-members, his friends, the people he’s ignored for eight months don’t seem to harbor resentment against him. Luhan steps under the rope, and immediately his band members envelope him in a large group hug. By now, Luhan is freely crying, and Baekhyun yells.

 

“EXO! WE ARE ONE!!!” he smiles at Luhan, “We will always be one, regardless of where we are and what we do. I hope you know that. We’re happy for you, we truly are and we will support you even if you aren’t in EXO anymore. Go talk to Sehun. Fighting!”

 

Luhan wipes his eyes and makes his way towards Sehun. Sehun looks at him with hopeful eyes, but Luhan doesn’t know what he’s hoping for.

 

“Sehunnie, I-I’m so so so sorry. I can’t imagine what I’ve put you through within the span of twelve hours, and can’t imagine a way to make up for what I’ve done to you. I’ve been so terrible to you, I’ve let my emotions get ahead of me. I know that what I asked you to do was something that you could have never done. I just thought that I was the most important thing to you, since you loved me just as much as I loved you. I was such an idiot. I just want you to know that I do love you. I love you so much. I’m sorry for being so unreasonable before. I shouldn’t have even asked you that question. I don’t know if you’ll be able to find it in yourself to forgive me, but I do love you. I’m so madly in love with you that I don’t know what to do with myself half the time….I know that we can never be together, so I’m asking for one last thing before you walk out of my life, possibly forever.”

 

“Anything for you Luhan. I’ll always love you, and I’ll always do anything for you.” Sehun says, smiling.

 

Luhan swallows the sizeable lump in the throat, and utters the words “forgive me”.

 

Sehun laughs, “Hyung I was never mad at you in the first place. There isn’t anything to forgive. I love you, and it’s as simple as that, and that’s how it will always be.”

 

“You’re incredible Sehun. Before I accept that I might never see you again, promise me one thing.” Luhan says, trying to stem the flow of tears.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Think of me fondly. When you think of me, don’t feel pain, don’t feel sadness. I want you to be happy when you think of the memories that we’ve made, three years ago to now. And I’ll promise you the same. Whenever I think of you, Oh Sehun, I’ll think of all the happy times that we have had together, the love that we showed but never said. Can you promise me that Sehun? Please?”

 

Sehun grabs Luhan and wraps his arms around him. Luhan can feel Sehuns body shake as he cries.


“Please Sehunnie. Please.” Luhan sobs

 

Sehun looks at Luhan in the eyes, and Luhan can see the love and sincerity as he says “I promise you.”


 

December, 2015

POV: Sehun

It’s around the Christmas season, and Sehun has never been happier. There is a small Christmas tree in the living room of their tiny dorm. The tree is missing a few ornaments from when Chanyeol knocked it down, but Sehun thinks that it’s still the best tree that he’s ever seen. DO is in the kitchen whipping up some dinner with the help of Kai, and Sehun thinks back to this time two years ago, when they were filming Showtime. He remembers how easily Tao and Luhan cried during that episode where they watched Miracle in Cell No. 7.

 

“Merry Christmas hyung..”  Sehun smiles as he remembers his promise to Luhan, and thinks that this promise isn’t such a hard one to keep.