The quality time

Love String

A/N:  just a short update while I have a little idea. About Radio Love. Since it's already near end so I stop for a while. Maybe I'm going to continue this weekend. Not sure. It depends on my idea. So I will update the story whenever I got the idea. Thank you for you support. See u again ^__~

 

 

"Yes, I almost did it." Myungchan smirked to himself, glancing at the rearview mirror. That's the final lap and he is in the lead. He's pulling away from the black car behind him which is remotely close to him. But Myungchan sure he will win the game.

Myungchan took the turn a small bit sharper than usual, and as he predicted, he landed right where he liked to be, thanks to the wind. He felt completely in his element, going faster than most people ever go in their lives. 

Myungchan looked out his window to see a black car riding right next to him. It had been like that all year. Whenever he looked over, he was there, right by his side. 

They were neck and neck on the last lap of the race. Myungchan slowed down before the last turn and slipped down below him. He stole his side draft and punched the gas to the floor right when he knew the car needed it. He tore around the corner and raced him to the finish, beating the black car by a small ten feet. He sighed and relaxed slightly at the wheel.

"Yoho... I did it." Myungchan undid the straps around him and shut off the engine. "You did good today, baby." He told the car. He had a lot of respect and love for his car, it's been a long time since they met. He pulled himself out of his car.

"Good job, son." A y voice greeted him. "How do you feel?"

"Extremely good. It was nice to get back behind the wheel again and race next to you, Dad." Myungchan answered with wide smile.  Both of them are hot, sweaty, and still wearing the racing suit. 

"Its been a long time for me too, to have a good opponent like you. You know, Its kinda boring to practise without companion. Its good youre here now." Myungsoo smiled back.

"Thank you for taking care of my baby, Dad." Myungchan said, touching his white  Lykan Hypersport.

"Nah, it's not a big deal. I know you love your baby just like I love my black beauty." Myungsoo said, glancing to his Aston Martin.

Myungchan suddenly chuckles. "Don't let Yeolma to hear that or else your black beauty will turn to be a black sardine." Both of them laugh. 

Since Myungchan was teenage, they often doing drag racing together. It all started when Myungsoo took Myungchan to watch car racing when he was young. And to his surprise, Myungchan have a big interest in racing car so much. Myungsoo was more than glad that his eldest son has the same hobby with him. So, on his seventeenth birthday, Myungsoo bought him a new limited edition sport car. Myungsoo even support his eldest son to try the racing world. But unfortunately, Sungyeol didn't agree. So they often did that secretly just for having fun. Among his children, Myungchan did has many same hobby with Myungsoo. So that's why, they often hang out together. But it doesn't mean that Myungsoo abandon his other children. He always support all of his children.

"Chan-ah, when you started the engine before, I heard some disturbing noise. I think we should change the spare part."

"Eh, really? But I got no problem to drive it, Dad. Or could it be the probem was on the exhaust pipe?"

"Im not sure. Can you start the engine for me?”

Myungchan did as Myungsoo said. His father has a lot of experience in car so he can dettect any problem easily. 

"I think you were right, Chan. Theres something wrong on the exhaust pipe. But I remember, Ive changed it a couple months ago. Did the mechanic give me the dummy spare parts?”

“Dont worry, Dad. My friend, Brian is a good mechanic. He will help me to take care of it. Now, lets go for a drink. Im burning from the hot right now. And I miss to hang out with you, dad." Myungchan said.

"Yeah, lets have something to drink before your Yeolma caught us."

They are laughing again, walking the circuit with Myungsoo embracing his sons shoulder.

Myungchan and Myungsoo enter the cafe. All the eyes, especially women are looking at them. Even some of them almost fell down from the chair. Who won't do that while two handsome gorgeous men are walking around them. They are like an anime creatures in real life. And only one word who can describe these guys, perfect. They take a seat near the window to avoid the crowd.

"W...what do you want to order, Sir?" The waitress asked them awkwardly, maybe she is nervous standing between two handsome guys.

"I need something cold. Um... please give me lemon squash."

"Just give me vanilla latte." Myungsoo smiled to her.

"Noted. One lemon squash and one vanilla latte. Please wait a moment, Sir." The waitress bowed and left.

"Wah, this place didn't change much. Even the taste of music didn't change at all." Myungchan said, glancing to surround him before turned back to Myungsoo. "Do you often visit here, dad?"

"Just a couple time. When the twins are busy with their own activities, I would take Yeollie to this place. It feels like we are back on out dating time."

Myungchan laughed. "You have to take Yeolma to date oftenly, dad. He must be tired and bored at home all day. Ah, maybe you can take him to my elementary school, so he will feel nostalgia when he was a teacher." Myungchan said but suddenly he chuckled, making Myungsoo to look at him in confuse.

"What happen, Chan? Why are you suddenly laughing?"

"Ani... Ani..." Myungchan started to laugh, waving his hand towards Myungsoo which made Myungsoo getting curious. "I just remembered how naughty I was back then. And Yeolma is my main target.

"Che, so that's why you are laughing." Myungsoo chuckled.

"You know, dad. When the first time we met, I gave the sticky bubble gum on his hand." Myungchan's laugh is getting laugh while Myungsoo himself only could shaking his head,  listening to his son. "And then... I locked him inside the toilet. He was screaming like a girl. Ah, but then he fainted. I never thought that Yeolma was claustrophobia. I was so guilty that time."

"Yeah... Yeollie has trauma when he was child. In the orphanage, the other kids often bullied him. They locked him inside the dark room. And that was our first meeting. Since that day, I was his guardian."

Myungchan's laugh instantly died down at his father's comment. "It must be hard for him."

"Yeah, that's why I can't leave him. And my biggest guilty is our fourteen years separation. I shouldn't agree to be adopted. I shouldn't leave Yeollie suffering alone in the orphanage and being adopted by wrong family. I'm glad that Woohyun took my place to protect Yeollie. Even though I was so jealous with him because he stole my fourteen years with Yeollie and he is my biggest rival."

Now, Myungchan is listening at his father with serious expression. "But fortunately, fate had united you two and to live a better life."

Myungsoo smiles, nodding at his son. "Yeah, and this is because of you, Chan. If it's not you, maybe I would never meet Yeollie. Maybe I was still thought that he was in America, leaving me without any sign. Thank you so much, son. Thanks for giving me back my happiness. To have you as my son is my biggest gift, Chan."

Myungchan stared at his father for a while before smile. "That's me who have to say that, dad. You are the best father that I ever had. And Yeolma is the best mother that I ever met, even a real mother." Myungchan sighed, glancing at his father and looked deep into his eyes before continue. "When I was young, I used to question about my true identity. But I never had nerve to ask you or Yeolma because I'm afraid to hurt both of you. So I dig a hole and buried my curious deep into my heart. I was more than lucky to have all of you as my family. So why do I need to know more."

Myungsoo gasped at his statement. He never thought that his son could give that kind opinion. Since child, Myungchan almost never complain anything. He did sometimes do something naughty and pissed Myungsoo or Sungyeol off. But that's not fatal mistake so they still can accept and forgive him. But beside his naughtiness, Myungchan always makes the Kim family proud. His always got the good grade at his school and always became the top list in many other competitions. He has been going through so many moment along with his parents. Myungsoo's bankruptcy, Sungyeol's miscarriage, even standing between death and life. It built a good bond and chemistry among them. But even like that, Myungsoo never once heard him complain about anything. So Myungsoo thought he was fine, he thought nothing is wrong. But listening to Myungchan's statement, Myungsoo suddenly feels afraid. Afraid about something that he had been forgotten for so long, the fact that he had been trying to keep it forever. The fact that he is the one who made Myungchan became an orphan.

"Here's your drinks, Sir." The waitress interrupted Myungsoo's thought, coming with a tray on her hands.

"Please enjoy your drink. Just call me if you need anything else." 

"Thank you so much, pretty." The waitress smiled shyly at Myungchan's comment, bowing a bit before left.

"Aigoo, my son really a flirty. I didn't believe it when Yeollie told me about your bad habit with women. But now, I witness it by myself. Don't play too much, son. It will become your own boomerang." Myungsoo reminded him, grabbing his cup.

Myungchan laughs out loud. "I only show my respect for them, dad. No need to worry much."

"Aish, once yoi have someone on your side, you won't dare to do that."

"Just like you?" Myungchan's statement makes Myungsoo almost choke on his hot latte.

"Are you okay, dad? Aigooo... don't be so nervous like that. No one can do against Yeolma afterall. He is scarier than a lion when he was angry." Myungchan poked Myungsoo as he tried to hold back his laugh. 

"Aish, you moron. How dare you mocking me like that. Just wait if you found someone as scarier as Yeollie. Then I'm the one who will laugh at you." Myungsoo pouted, wipping his mouth from the remain latte.

Myungsoo can't help but chuckle. He was not sure that he could find one. Because his heart was stuck on his charming Yeolma. And deep inside, he really wished that he could find one as best as Sungyeol.

When they are talking leisurely, from a far three teenagers approaching their seat. They look no more than twenty years.

"Um, oppadeul, may we have photograph with you two. You two look so handsome." One of the teenagers said to them, her two friends are giggling and nodding beside her. 

The two guys look up. Myungsoo raises his brows at them.

"Oppadeul? Do I look like an oppa to you?" They nod which cause Myungchan to burst into laugh. Myungsoo himself are chuckling while putting down his cup. 

"I think this man won't be able to sleep for weeks because he is dying of happiness." Myungchan's laugh still didn't die down, making the teenagers to look at him in confuse.

"I'm so thankful that you appreciate me by calling me oppa. But in my age which near fifty and to think that my son had already this big, I think you should call me ajhussi instead oppa." Myungsoo smiled to them.

"Eh? But you look so young, op... i mean ajhussi." Those girls blushed at their mistake by calling Myungsoo oppa.

"Then my rival to get your heart was dismissed, right?" Myungchan winked on them, making the girls to blush even more. Myungsoo only could sigh at his son attitude.

But in the end, Myungsoo still let them to take a picture. Right after the photo session was done, Myungsoo's phone rang loudly.

Myungsoo widens his eyes, looking at the caller then glancing at his son.

Myungsoo mouthed 'The captain calls' to Myungchan before pick up.

"Ya, Kim Myungsoo. How dare you and Myungchan to go drag race behind me." Sungyeol's dangerous voice greeted him across the line.

Myungsoo gulped in nervous. "I... I just took Myungchan to visit his baby at circuit. We didn't do any racing at all. I swear." Myungsoo lied, turning back to his son who gave his thumb to him, signing that he was doing a good job.

"Get your asses home now and give some explanation."

"A..Arasso. We are going home now." Myungsoo said in low tone before hung up the phone.

"Haiz... how could he found out. I already said that I have a morning meeting outside." Myungsoo grumbled.

"Oh, my God. We need to go now, dad. Or else Yeolma will be getting angrier than right now."

"Yeah, you are right. It would be a hard work to comfort an angry lion like him."

After pay the bill, they quickly go out from the cafe. No matter how cold Myungsoo, and no matter how ignorant Myungchan towards their surrounding, one thing for sure, Sungyeol is always be their weakness.