The Return

Love String

 

 

 "Oh my god, Yeollie, stop being agitated. My head is spinning looking at you pace back and forth like that. Maybe Myungchan's flight was delayed."

"Dad was right, Yeolma. Please sit down for a while. Chan hyung will be landing soon."

"But it has been two hours late from the original schedule. Maybe there's something happen with the plane. Maybe the plane was hijacked. Or maybe his plane was crashed. Or... or..."

"Oh gosh, will you stop being too much,   Yeollie. Or else I will seal that fussy mouth with mine." Myungsoo said with flat tone.

Myungsoo's statement makes Sungyeol glared at him. "Ya, you ert oldman. I was so worried about our son right now. Could you give a little understanding?" Sungyeol pouts. Myungsoo sighs before pulled Sungyeol by his wrist, making Sungyeol finally sit beside him.

"He will be fine. Maybe he is also impatient to see us right now. Just sit with me and everything will be alright." Myungsoo smiles warmly at him, holding his hands to comfort his anxious lover. Sungyeol glances at him before flashes a slight smile. Myungsoo was right. He was just too much. Nothing bad will happen. Sungyeol instantly turned a bit calm and quite. From the other side, Myungho and Myungeun silently chuckle at the scene before them. Their father always skillful to comfort their panic Yeolma. Their fourty years togetherness make them know each other like an open book. And deep in her heart, Myungeun wishes that she could find a true soulmate like his father. Actually not only Sungyeol who is anxious to meet Myungchan but also herself. She secretly felt the same way. She missed his lovely elder brother so much. Since kid, they are really close to each other. Myungeun always follow wherever Myungchan go more than Myungho, her twin brother. She even repeatedly said that she wanted to marry Myungchan in the future which caused people laughing at her. Myungeun's eyes scanned throughout the large airport, searching. Her brother had been away for six years, staying in State to study. His sudden decision to leave Korea and staying there make the entire family surprised, especially herself and Sungyeol.

 

Flashback

"Andwee... why are you suddenly decide to leave Korea? There's so much good law university here. You don't need to go so far." Sungyeol said, hugging Myungchan tightly like a child who afraid to lose his toy.

"Yeolma, come on. Don't be like this. I'm not a kid anymore. They said Harvard is one of the top list in law school. Furthermore, uncle Kris said he would often visit me. So just don't worry."

Since junior school, Myungchan stops call Sungyeol mommy because he doesn't want to be treated as spoiled brat anymore. But to show his respect, Myungchan call Sungyeol Yeolma, short of Yeol oemma. And the twins follow him as well.

"But who will take care of you, who will cook for you, who will wash your clothes."

Myungchan palmed his forehead. "Oh my, here he goes again."

"Yeollie-ah, your fussiness will make our son deaf soon. Just trust him. Myungchan is not a kid anymore. He has to learn about responsibility."

"But Matuset is too far."

Myungchan and Myungsoo chuckle in union. "It's Massachussets, Yeolma."

"Whatever. Why don't you choose Busan, Seoul, or maybe Incheon?"

"It doesn't matter wherever he studies, Myungchan will often visit us, aren't you?"

"Of course, dad was right. It only took four years to finish my study. I promise I will back in holiday." Myungchan gives Sungyeol reassurence smile. Sungyeol stares at him for a while before leaned his face closer until their faces are only inch away, making Myungchan gasped at the sudden closeness.

"Promise me, you have to call me twice a day. I have to make sure your condition everyday."

"I... I will, Yeolma. I will often call you and tell you about my day." Myungchan grins nervously.

"Ya... ya... ya... somehow you two make me so jealous you know. Don't act like lovers. You even didn't act like this when I leave you to London for two months." Myungsoo gave him jealous look.

Sungyeol sticks out his tongue. "Because I love him more than you." Sungyeol winks at Myungchan. Myungchan smiles shyly at him.

"What? You love him more than me?" Myungsoo asked, putting his arms over his chest. 

Sungyeol glances at Myungsoo. "Of course. I love him soooo much."

Sungyeol could sense some jealousy from his lover. And he loved to .

"What did you say?" Myungsoo said, walking closer.

"I love Myungchan more than you." Sungyeol emphasized each word.  Myungsoo narrowed his eyes before starts to attack Sungyeol.

"Muahahahahahahaha, yaa.... hahahaha... it's ticklish.... hahahaha... stop it!!!" Sungyeol bursts into laugh at Myungsoo's action.

"You change your mind now?"

"No... hahahahaha.... I still hahahaha love Myungchan more than you.... hahahahaha. Yaa... stop it." Sungyeol tries to shove Myungsoo's hands but to no avail.

"You naughty giant. I will tickle you until you faint from laughing."

"Chan-chan, heeelppp. Hahahahaha.... help me from your scary father.... hahahaha... Myungieeeee... it's ticklish. Please stop." Sungyeol pleads.

Myungchan who was watching them only could smile bitterly.

 "Okay, I love you hahahaha more than Chan-chan... hahahaha." Sungyeol give up.

Myungsoo smiles in victory, releasing Sungyeol from his trap. "That's my wife."

"But I lied." Sungyeol sticks out his tongue before laughing out loud.

Myungsoo stares deeply at Sungyeol and in a flash of the light he lifted Sungyeol bridal style.

"Ya, put me down.  What are you doing?" Sungyeol looked at him in surprise.

"Time to punish the naughty wife." Myungsoo said, glancing at Sungyeol meaningfully. Sungyeol gulps nervously because he knows for sure what's that mean.

"No, no, let me go." Sungyeol struggles.

"Save your energy, Yeollie. I will make you scream my name all night long." 

"Ya, you ert old man, don't say such thing in front of our son." Myungsoo smirked at Sungyeol's blushing face then walked towards their shared bedroom, leaving Myungchan alone at the living room.

Myungchan smiles bitterly, staring at his parents from behind. He doesn't know why there's stinging feeling linger on. Why he feels so sad? Why his heart feels hurt? That's not a new thing for him. His parents are always share their loving time everytime and everywhere, even the whole world know that. Myungyeol are belong to each other. So what's the reason for him to be sad, then? Is it because his mother loves his father too much? Or is it because something else? Something that he tried to fight for so long. Something that he tried to throw away from his heart for so long. No one knows his true feeling, No one knows his true reason to leave Korea for a while. Myungchan sighs, throwing his body on the sofa. He has to stop this damn feeling before it's growing bigger and bigger. And the only way for that is leaving.

End of Flashback

 

"Yeolma, look. That's Chan-chan oppa. Channie oppa." Myungeun yelled, waving at a handsome man at distance. That man smiles widely, waving back.

"Aigoo, look, that's my son. Oh, My Chan-channie. Over here." Sungyeol yelled at him, waving his hands up high excitedly.

The handsome blonde quicken his path,  pushing the trolly in rush. He really can't wait to hug them one by one.

"Chan-channie." Sungyeol enveloped his son up into a big hug, squeezing Myungchan tightly. The pair smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Yeolma."

"Oh my god, I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too!" The two pulled away and Myungchan's grin simply widened. "Woah, you still look so young and gorgeous, Yeolma."

"Oppaaaaa, Myungeun missed you  so much too!" a cute voice was shouted and began bouncing up and down on her heels.

Myungchan glanced to his side and gasped. "Myungeun-ah, you've grown up so beautiful. Just like Yeolma."

"Of course, because I'm your princess." Myungeun jokes,  clinging on Myungchan's arm cutely. Myungchan laughed out loud,  ruffling her hair.

"Ya,  silly girl, don't you feel ashame clinging on Chan hyung like that? You're nineteen years old for God's sake." Myungho mocked from behind.

"Just say that you're jealous of me, aren't you?" Myungeun retorted back.

Myungchan  chuckles.  "You two really  didn't change at all.  But, Myungho-ah, you're more handsome than the last time we met." Myungchan praised. Myungho smiles proudly at the statement.

"Don't I get a hug?" Myungchan suddenly heard a deep voice  behind him. Myungchan span around just to see his lovely father standing behind him. 

"Dad!" Myungchan smiled, spreading his arms out wide.

"Welcome back, son." Myungsoo gave him y chuckle before embracing him into tight hug.

"Finally Kim family reunited again." Sungyeol sniffed,  wipping his escaping tears.

"Aigoo, silly Yeollie. Why are you crying? Didn't your lovely son already here?" Myungsoo pouting at his wife.

"I... I just feel so happy." Sungyeol sniffs again, wipping another escaping tears.

Myungchan smiles, walking toward his lovely mother and gently hugs him. "Yeolma, don't worry,  I won't leave you again."

"Really? Oh, my good son. I love you so much."

'He still looks adorable.' Myungchan looked at Sungyeol lovingly.

"Oh, my, I think we should leave here soon before your drama queen mother catch people attention." Myungsoo sighed,  making the three of them chuckle. Sungyeol was too happy to see his lovely son came back so he didn't argue his husband.

Along the way Sungyeol can't stop bombarding his eldest son with ton of questions and Myungchan was seen answering him with smile that never leave his handsome face.

"Oppa, what did you buy for me?" This time it's Myungeun's turn to ask. Since they left airport, Myungeun didn't leave Myungchan's arm at all, clinging like glue.

"Hmm... I'm sorry, Myungeun-ah. I forgot to buy your thing since I'm busy to buy gift for my friend." Myungchan said, glancing on his side. He can't wait to see her expression later. And within minutes, he could see Myungeun scrunches her face.

"You are so bad, oppa. How did you only forget about me? You don't love me anymore." Myungeun crossed her arms, turning away from Myungchan. She really Sungyeol's copy cat. Her attitude, her gesture and also her expression really similar with Sungyeol. Myungchan glances to her, chuckling. He then leans closer and pinching her nose. 

"Aigooo.... look at you. You are a college student right now, but your behavior is no more than three years old child. Don't worry, I've prepared very special gift for you. I will give you when we reach home."

Myungchan's words instantly makes Myungeun to turn around and face him. "Jinjha oppa, are you not lying?"

"Of course, I never lied to you, aren't I?"

"Ahhh... gumawo oppa, you're really my best oppa." Myungeun hugged him tightly. Myungchan smiles as he ruffles her hair. Sungyeol who was sitting beside Myungsoo also smiling widely at them.

"Childish." Myungho commented from his seat next to Myungchan. 

"I don't care." Myungeun sticks out her tongue to her twin.

"You do need to behave mature, Myungeun-ah. Don't you ashame with your age. Don't be like your mother." Myungsoo commented behind the wheel.

"Yeolmaaa... daddy teased me." Myungeun whined.

"Ya, what do you mean? What's wrong with me, huh? Tell me." Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo.

"Don't be like you who always acted childishly."

"Mwo? Childish? How dare you said that? I'm not childish, you old man." Sungyeol poked Myungsoo's arm.

"Yeah,  yeah, you're not childish, but crybaby." Myungsoo chuckled after said that.

"Ya, Kim Myungsoo, stop mocking me in front of the kids."

"But that's the fact. Just take it. You are a giant crybaby. Remember that I always help you from the bullies when we were young. Ah, you are also clumsy." Myungsoo chuckled.

"But daddy was a bit right, Yeolma. You did a clumsy person. Remember that when I was at elementary school, you brought me the empty lunch box. You only put the food on Myungeun's lunch box and forgot about me. And, remember when you always got a wrong uniform for us. And..."

"Ya... Ya...Ya... Kim Myungho, how dare you digging on my mistake to side your father. Don't ask me to make any food for you anymore. I won't cook anything for you to eat." Sungyeol glared at Myungho. "Like father like son. Hmmph."

Myungsoo couldn't help but chuckle.

"Don't worry, Yeolma. No matter how clumsy you are, I'm still love you so much. Oh, gosh, I really miss your cook, Yeolma. I almost couldn't stand anymore to eat junk food all the time. Fortunately uncle Kris often bring me delicious Korean food. If not, maybe I will go back to Seoul and bring you to States." Myungchan sighed deeply.

"Aigoo... my poor baby. Don't worry, from now on, you don't need to suffer like that anymore. I will cook everything you like everyday." Sungyeol smiled sweetly at him, the smile that could melt even a rock. Myungchan probably got diabetes from the sweetness.

"Oppa, I had learned some cooking technique from Yeolma so I also can make you delicious food."

"Aigoo, my little sister had became a lady now.  I think you are ready to get married soon, Myungeun-ah. Tell me, do you have boyfriend right now?"

"I don't. I don't want to get married soon. I want to spend time with you more."

"Che, why you don't tell Chan hyung about Sangmin, Yongseok, Won Ho, or Seyoung who are clinging on you like idiots." Myungho commented which got a dead glare from Myungeun.

"Wow, my beautiful sister are so popular among the boys. I have to know them carefully to pick which one the best for my lady."

"Eh, I've heard about Won Ho, but who are the others? Why do you never mention about them, Myungeun-ah?" Sungyeol glanced at her, curious.

"You have to pick one of them, Myungeun-ah. Don't be a playgirl. Arasso?" Now, it's Myungsoo's turn to comment.

"Yeah, don't be like a playboy like your daddy who always surrounded by y ladies." Sungyeol teased.

"Hey, I'm not like that. Those flirty ladies who always cling on me. So annoying." Myungsoo protested.

"Che, that's why you need to reduce your handsomeness, so they won't disturb you."

"How could I do that? I'm already born like this. You should be proud to have a handsome husband like me, you know. Look at our children, who do you think they got their gorgeous face if it's not from me."

Here they go again.

"Che, cocky jerk. I also have part on them you know. Who do you think they got their cute adorable face if it's not from me." Sungyeol didn't want to lose from his husband. From the back side, their children only could smile at their parents' childish behavior.

"Ya, daddy, Yeolma, stop it. Don't listen to Myungho Oppa. I don't love any of them. They are so childish. I don't like them."

Myungchan chuckles. "Ya, himma, you are at the same age, how could you said them childish. If they are childish, then how about you, an ajhumma?"

"Gezz, that's not what I mean. They are not cool at all. I want to find a wise man like daddy or a cool man like Myungchan Oppa."

"Che! This kid. Your taste has not changed a bit. I think you better marry your Myungchan Oppa then." Sungyeol teased, glancing to Myungchan. "Ah, Myungchannie, how about you? Who is your girlfriend right now? Don't say that you are falling in love with foreigner. I hope you don't, because I don't like it. You know I can't speak any language except Korean so it would be difficult to communicate."

Sungyeol confidently said girlfriend because Myungchan had told him that he is straight. Furthermore, he was surrounded with a lot of girls and he was known as playboy. But deep inside, he actually don't know what is his relationship. He did have many girlfriends but he didn't feel the spark inside his heart. But when he thought that he is gay, he didn't feel anything towards any other guy either. His feeling only stuck on his Yeolma. Maybe he needs a good psychiatrist to heal him.

"I don't have, Yeolma. I was too busy with my study so no time for love."

"Really? Aigoo, did the sun rise on north side? How can a playboy like you said you don't have girlfriend? I think my ears tricked me." Sungyeol pretended to check on his ears. His gesture makes Myungchan to laugh.

"I'm serious. And I'm not playboy for your information, Yeolma. I'm charming. Just like daddy. Right, dad?"

Myungsoo shows his thumb to sign that he was agreed with his elder son.

"Haizz... what a cocky jerk. I don't want yo talk anymore." Sungyeol crossed his arms.

The other passengers are silently chuckling at their funny mother. Their relationship are always that good, always full of color.  And to be one of the family member is the biggest give for each of them.

 

 

Faith means living with uncertainty - feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark



"Oppa... may I come in?" A soft knock was heard on the door.

"Come in." Myungchan said from inside.

A moment later, Myungeun walks into the room.

"It's so not you to knock first,  Myungeun-ah. You usually always bark into my room without permission." Myungchan smiled.

"Gezz.. I still have manner, Oppa. I just don't want to see you in inappropriate time, when you're changing clothes for example."

"Haha... just said that you don't want to see me , are you?" Myungchan said, poking her nose.

"Aiz... don't make it too obvious." Myungeun blushed, throwing her body on Myungchan's bed. Myungchan chuckles at her cute reaction. Her shy attitude really similar with his Yeolma.

"I'm here to tell you that Yeolma had made pan cake for you. He told you to go down." 

"Oh, I will go down after finish unpacking." Myungchan said, opening his suitcase. He then grabs a box from the suitcase. "Myungeun-ah, I have something for you."

"What's this, oppa?"

"Just open it."

Myungeun takes a look on the box and open it. "Necklace?"

"Yes, that's not an ordinary necklace. I got it from a store for antique things in New York. What's make me interested is the word on the necklace,  it said 'A more Inveniet' means Love will find a way. The seller said there's a story behind it. Long long time ago it was owned by the twins, a man and a woman, who were separated since born because both their parents died on war. But before die, their parents gave each of them a necklace. After being separate for a long time, they finally could find each other because of this necklace." Myungsoo explained.

Myungeun's eyes stared on Myungchan intensely, listening to his story. She looks very interested with the story.

"So it's mean this story is not only one, right?"

"Smart. Here is the other one. And I will give it to Myungho." Myungchan showed the other similar necklace to Myungeun.

"I bet he won't wear it, oppa. It's useless to give it to him."

"Why are you so sure? This is a beautiful necklace."

"He doesn't like to wear anything, especially necklace. He said only girls who wear jewellery. So it's useless to give him."

"Looks like my twin know me so well. It doesn't mean I don't respect your gift, hyung. But I'm not used to wear any accessories." A voice was interrupted from the door. Both of them turn to the door and find Myungho was standing in front them.

"See, I told you, oppa."

"Ya, Myungho, but this is not look girly at all. It's uni necklace." Myungchan showed the necklace to his brother.

"Just keep it for you. Like I said, I don't like to wear accessories. But thanks a lot for the gift, hyung. I really appreciate it." Myungho smiled, approaching them.

"Oppa, how if you wear it by yourself. Then we will have the twin necklace." Myungeun suggested, looking at Myungchan widely.

"Hm... maybe that's not a bad idea. Okay, I'm going to wear it." Myungchan smiled, wearing the necklace on his neck.

"Yeay!!! We have the same necklace, oppa. Then, no matter how far we are separate, we will find each other again." Myungeun cheered.

"That's only a story, silly. Don't take it seriously. Furthermore, I'm not planning to go away from my family." Myungchan said, ruffing his sister's hair.

"She always like daydreaming, hyung. Just leave her alone. Yeolma was waiting for you. Come on." 

"Hmph, you always like to mock on me, Myungho oppa. Sometimes I doubted you as my twin. I'm going to show Yeolma about my necklace." Myungeun sticks out his tongue, leaving them to go down. Myungchan and Myungho can't help but smile at their lovely cute sister. Even though since child they often bickering to each other, but they also love their little sister so much. Just like Sungyeol, Myungeun's existence really could lighten the day. Her innocence and cheerful attitude can make everyone fell in love with her in an instant. No wonder  she became everyone's sweetheart, especially for Myungchan. But nothing in this world is absolute. Human feelings are so easily to change. And feeling itself is the only part of body that can't be controlled by brain. We never know how that feeling will lead us. Only time could answer it.

 

A/N:  only a warm up for the next plot. Hope you enjoy. I try to not make it too rush but also not too slow.