01장

The Unpublished
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dasom loved love.

She loved seeing the passion love brought out of people. She loved seeing the changes of character in people once they found someone to love. She loved the overwhelming emotion that seemed to burst out of them when their loved one was near. She loved any time of love, be it amongst family, friends, or couples. She loved seeing the uncontrollable smiles and the secretive glances. She loved the shy displays of affection and the bold ones. She loved seeing love work its magic.

But that was it.
She loved seeing love.
Dasom…was an observer.

She only watched love blossom around her without a drop of jealousy or bitterness in her blood. Of course she faces moments of craving for that special somebody, but she wasn’t a fan of actually going through the turmoil or anxiety that came with meeting the expectations of maintaining the relationship. She just wanted someone to connect with and someone to have fun lounging around her living room couch with, but it was just too…complicated. She liked things simple, and because no person was ever straightforward and simple, she decided to just observe.

Observing lovers was like watching constant highlight reels. It was like reading a good book – she felt every emotion they felt in that moment. The fluttering when its good, the anger during a fight, the heartbreak when it was over. But like a book, it was easy to walk away from the feelings when it gets too intense. In a relationship, it’s harder to walk away. But she knew that once she met the right person, she would be willing to put herself out there completely.

“So did you meet that producer?” her best friend and roommate, Jisoo, said as she flopped into the diner booth next to Dasom. She sipped on the water as they waited for their brunch orders, intently staring at Dasom with her doe eyes. Dasom sniffed and pushed up her glasses, closing her laptop before shifting it to the side. She shrugged, “His movie vision didn’t really suit my tastes.” Jisoo pouted and slammed her head onto the table, “Come on, Som. These opportunities don’t come easily. You should grab the opportunities while your blog is still hot and everywhere.”

Dasom shrugged as she eyed the waiter growing near with their waffles and omelette, “I want something…” Jisoo sighed and looked up at her, nodding, “Romantic, I know. But romance alone won’t hit it big, you know?” As the aroma of their food entered their nostrils, Dasom shyly bowed in thanks to the waiter as she grabbed the utensils, “Romances are all time favourites. I don’t need it to hit big. I want it to be remembered by those who watch it years from now, Soo.” Jisoo nodded and agreed as she took a bite of the large omelette, “Alright. But once you turn someone else down for the tenth time I’m stepping in.” Dasom smiled and nodded as they enjoyed their meal, eyes unconsciously glancing at the couples walking by the diner.

It was a slow Tuesday morning, and so she and Jisoo were the only ones in the diner. The older, retro songs playing softly on the speakers seemed to fit the atmosphere as Dasom felt calm. The waiter approached the two and smiled, “Everything good, ladies?” Jisoo, being the more extroverted one, nodded and gave two thumbs up, “Still the best breakfast food we’ve eaten, Inho.” He smiled and refilled their water, “Got to keep our regulars satisfied, don’t we?” He quickly walked away to attend to a new group of customers before disappearing into the back again.

Jisoo smiled, “I wonder if he has a girlfriend.” Dasom nodded without looking up at her friend as she cut through her waffle, “He does.” Jisoo gasped as she slammed the table with her hands, “What?! How do you know?! You’ve never spoken to him!” Dasom shrugged as she slowly poured maple syrup on her crispy waffle, “His hair is done up today unlike every other day – he’s probably going to see her after work. He’s wearing cologne and has been constantly checking on the flowers he brought in the back room. He also has a small ring on his right hand on his pointer finger with a little heart engraved on the inside. He’s also very attentive to his phone every day and has been smiling whenever it dings.”

Jisoo slumped into her seat as she kicked her feet, aiming to hurt Dasom, “Man, why do you have be so good at what you do?” Dasom took a bite of her omelette as she finally looked up at her whining best friend, “What did you call me a few days ago after I told you the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter