Eunhyuk's Story

Super Junior: Love Series
 
 
[A/N: I am so sorry that this story took so long to upload! Honestly I finished this story over a month and a half ago. I was actually waiting for a blend that I recquested but it NEVER came. I waited for a month before inquiring where it is and no one from the website answer -__- So that's my excuse for a crappy blend that took ten minutes to make because I wanted to get this story up. Ugh. Okay hope you all enjoy! Please be patient until the end! I love you guys :D )
 
 
“Five, six, seven, eight!”
 
 
The fast beat, the heavy bass and bodies moving together in fluid motion was why Eunhyuk loved to dance. As he stared at himself in the dance studio mirror, he felt his heart beat as his well prepared routine flowed through his body with ease. 
 
 
Once the song ended its final beat, he turned to the students and clapped together at their success. 
“Good job everyone, we’ll see each other again Thursday.”
 
 
Eunhyuk dismissed his students as he made his way to the other side of the room where towels and bottles of water were waiting for him. A fellow instructor, Hwang Dongjae, came into the room and patted him on the back. “Hey, Eunhyuk great routine.”
 
 
He smiled at him as he wiped the sweat from his face. “It was nothing.”
 
 
“A routine like that would take me weeks to make. But you my friend, made that last night as a joke!” Dongjae exclaimed grabbing his own water bottle. “And you wonder why all the other instructors are jealous of you.” 
 
 
“My drop dead gorgeous looks?” smirked Eunhyuk. 
 
 
They laughed, as a new class of students came flurrying in. 
 
 
“It’s my turn. Hey, let’s get some drinks later. My treat. Okay?”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded as he left the studio. He began walking to the office to take a well deserved nap. 
 
 
Tempo Dance Academy was home to Eunhyuk. He had been an avid comer since the age of fourteen and now at the age of 25 he was a dance instructor. The boss, Mr. Moon, had hired him right away once he graduated high school. Now, after graduating college in a high level performing arts school, Eunhyuk needed to pay all the debt he owed to the school. He was lucky to have his passion as a job. 
 
 
Eunhyuk plopped down on the large sofa in the air conditioned office. It was such a hot summers day. The studio was killing him. 
 
 
“Hey, Eunhyuk did you hear about the new dance instructor?” 
 
 
He opened his eyes to find Wi NiHee, another dance instructor, staring down at him with large eyes.  
 
 
“That’s just a rumor NiHee.” 
 
 
“No, it’s true! I heard it from the boss himself,” replied NiHee. “Even ask Eli!”
 
 
There were five dance instructors at Tempo Dance Academy. There was Eunhyuk and Dongjae who taught the advanced level students and competing students. NiHee and Eli taught the juniors and below. Park Eunha had taken the advanced level girls who did hip hop and ballet. But Eunha had taken a marriage and pregnancy leave and now NiHee and Eli taught the advanced level girls. But neither of them knew ballet. That was three months ago. And at least once a week NiHee would tell Eunhyuk rumors about a new instructor. You see, Mr. Moon was a hard employer. He valued trust more than credentials. You must be a dancer from the academy for years before he would ever consider hiring you. So it was unlikely Mr. Moon would just hire anyone. 
 
 
“NiHee’s right. Mr. Moon was discussing it in his office,” said Eli walking in. He sat beside Eunhyuk. “Finally, it’s hard to teach ballet when you don’t even know it.”
 
 
Eunhyuk only chuckled. “We’ll see.”
 
 
NiHee sighed. “I envy you and your confidence.” 
 
 
Suddenly the door of the office opened with a bang. A tall slender woman walked in. Eunhyuk sat up as he inspected her. She had sharp features and perfect posture. As she walked into the room, her body moved in fluid motion. She took her sunglasses and placed it atop her head. Her black hair was put in a tight bun with her bangs neatly pinned back. She wore tiny gray shorts and a canary yellow camisole top. Her sneakers squeaked as she approached them. 
 
 
“Hi, I’m here to see Mr. Moon.”
 
 
“He’s in that office over there,” replied Eli as he pointed the door out for her. 
 
 
NiHee turned to Eunhyuk with a satisfied smirk on her face. “Told you so,”
 
 
Eunhyuk ignored her. He continued to stare at the stranger. Mr. Moon wouldn’t…
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“I’d like you all to introduce yourselves to Na Hyorin. She will be the new dance instructor for the advanced level girls. Hyorin is actually my nieces friend who had danced here for two years until moving…where?”
 
 
“Canada,” answered Hyorin coolly. 
 
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. Arrogant. 
 
 
NiHee jumped up from her seat and shook hands with Hyorin. “I’m Wi NiHee,”
 
 
“Eli,”
 
 
“Dongjae,”
 
 
Eunhyuk didn’t bother to stand up and shake her hand. “Eunhyuk,”
 
 
They stared at each other. She gave him a small smirk.
 
 
“Well I’ll be in the office if any of you need me. Help Hyorin out guys okay?”
 
 
They all nodded as Mr. Moon exited the studio.
 
 
Dongjae immediately turned to Hyorin with a big smile. “Welcome to Tempo Dance Academy!” 
 
 
She smiled at him. “Thanks,”
 
 
Eunhyuk got up from his chair and motioned Dongjae to follow him. “come on Dongjae. NiHee, Eli we’ll see you later tonight.”
 
 
Eunhyuk walked out of the office area and into the hallways of the dance studio making sure Dongjae followed him.
 
 
“What do you think about Hyorin?” asked Dongjae. 
 
 
Eunhyuk shrugged. “She’s whatever.”
 
 
“Whatever?!” Dongjae nudged him on the arm. “Come on, she’s pretty hot.”
 
 
“Dongjae, you know we can’t date within the company.”
 
 
Dongjae foolishly smiled at him. “It doesn’t hurt to dream.” 
 
 
He rolled his eyes. “She’s way over your league.”
 
 
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
 
 
“I mean,” explained Eunhyuk. “She’s an arrogant cold hearted know it all. The way she talks and walks say it all. She’s a princess.” 
 
 
“And you’re a price,” countered Dongjae. “Just because she seems like that, doesn’t mean she is like that. Face it Eunhyuk, she’s competition.” 
 
 
“Don’t your breath. We haven’t seen her dance yet.”
 
 
Suddenly, Eunhyuk felt someone brush past them. It was Hyorin. She quickly made her way inside the dance studio. Eunhyuk checked the time on his cell phone and realized it was time for the advanced girl classes to start. Intrigued, Eunhyuk made his way to the window that oversaw the lessons. This was an interesting class. Girls who were taught traditional ballet since they were young were able to take hip hop lessons as well. This satisfied both parents and dancer. For fifty minutes it was ballet and for the remainder of the hour and a half left was hip hop. 
 
 
Hyorin had put her ballet slippers on and slid a baby blue tutu over her gray shorts. She bowed to the students and introduced herself. 
 
 
As they began warming up, Hyorin walked around the class room fixing postures and what not. She had such a regal air to her. Eunhyuk crossed his arms as he observed her. 
 
 
After fifteen minutes of stretching, she began the ballet class. She was graceful, fluid, and precise. Everything a ballet teacher should be. The girls seemed to like he as they listened and watched intently.
 
 
“She’s not bad,” Eli said coming from behind Eunhyuk. “You have class in five minutes.”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded. “Thanks, I’ll be there in a minute.”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Cheers!”
 
 
Eunhyuk raised his shot glass and drank it whole. He slammed the glass on the table and let Dongjae fill it back up. 
 
 
He turned to Eli. “Where’s NiHee?”
 
 
Eli shrugged as he sipped his beer. “She said she was coming.” 
 
 
Dongjae pushed the shot glass towards Eli. “Come on Eli drink this! You never get drunk with us!”
 
 
Eli shook his head with a coy smile. “Someone has to take your drunk home.”
 
 
Dongjae leaned back into his seat. “Touché.”
 
 
Eunhyuk began to observe the night club scene around him. People dancing, sweat dripping, drinks being made, this was the relaxation away from the studio. 
 
 
“There she is!” Dongjae got up from his seat and waved his hands around. 
 
 
Eunhyuk looked up and found NiHee dragging along Hyorin with her. 
 
 
“Great,” Eunhyuk muttered under his breath. He felt Eli nudge him with a smile on his face. 
 
 
“Hey guys,” greeted NiHee. “Look who I found walking home alone!” NiHee pulled Hyorin towards them. She waved at them. 
 
 
NiHee put Hyorin next to Eunhyuk as she sat next to Eli. Dongjae gave NiHee a glass who immediately drank it down. She offered one to Hyorin. 
 
 
“I’ll just have a beer,” said Hyorin as a waiter hovered over her. She ordered the beer. 
 
 
Dongjae suddenly stood up. “Hot girl 12 o clock.” He patted Eli on the shoulder. “C’mon wingman let’s go.”
 
 
Eli rolled his eyes as he turned to NiHee. “Come on and back me up.”
 
 
NiHee turned to Eunhyuk and Hyorin. “Got to be co-wingman…er…woman tonight…again.” Eli took her hand and began pulling her. “I’ll be back!” They went off into the dance floor and began to dance. 
 
 
Eunhyuk took another shot. He felt awkward with Hyorin next to him.
 
 
“Slide over,”
 
 
Eunhyuk looked at her. 
 
 
She motioned her head for him to move.
 
 
He slid out of his seat. Hyorin began moving towards the dance floor. She spotted a random guy and began dancing with him. 
 
 
Eunhyuk scoffed. He stood up and followed her. He danced off the guy who was next to Hyorin and suddenly they began dancing together. Eunhyuk stared at her with fierce eyes as he got into the rhythm of the song. Hyorin played off him well as they became the spotlight of the dance floor. 
 
 
Once the song ended, applause assumed as they looked into each other’s eyes. Eunhyuk could see a bead of sweat fall from her face. A small smile appeared on her lips as she calmed her breathing. 
 
 
Eunhyuk looked away as he began exiting the dance floor, grabbing his coat from their table and leaving. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“What was that about last night?” Dongjae asked whispering into Eunhyuk’s ear as they were warming up with the advance level boys. “Why did you leave like that?” 
 
 
Eunhyuk shrugged. “I got bored,” 
 
 
Dongjae looked at him with a doubtful expression. “You never get bored at the club. Was is Hyorin? That little routine you did, got people talking after you left.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk only smiled as he finished his warm ups. “Come on Dongjae, forget about it. Okay guys, let’s start from the beginning!” 
 
 
After class, Eunhyuk spent the rest of the day lounging in the office area, waiting for the studio to be emptied out so that he can make up new routines later. He was on the computer when NiHee barged in with a towel draped over her head. 
 
 
Eunhyuk laughed as she plopped on the couch with a heavy sigh. “I hate little pretentious know it all boys who like to dump water bottles on people’s heads.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk went back to his me2day as he asked, “Again? I thought you handled that already. Didn’t Eli talk to them for you?”
 
 
“Of course he did. But he’s not going to be in the room with me 24/7. Sometimes I regret taking on those kids. They’re the absolute worse to me and the girls. But…they dance with passion.”
 
 
“And that’s why you won’t tell on them to Mr. Moon,” said Eli as he walked in holding a towel in his hand.  “You’re too soft on them.” He sat next to her and began helping her dry her hair. 
 
 
Eunhyuk looked at the time, it was almost 8 pm. “Who’s still in the studio?” 
 
 
“Dongjae’s in the first floor and Hyorin is on this floor. They should be done in thirty minutes. Are you staying overtime tonight?” asked Eli. 
 
 
“Yeah, I need to work out some routines. There isn’t time left before the competition.” 
 
 
“You and your competitions,” said Dongjae who walked in sweating from his class. “I finished downstairs if you need it. Oh, do you want me to stay with you tonight?”
 
 
Eunhyuk got up from his seat as he made his way towards the door. He smirked at Dongjae. “I heard you have a hot date tonight.”
 
 
As he closed the door, Eunhyuk could heard Dongjae yelling at NiHee who was yelling at him. He smiled. So childish. 
 
 
“Looks like your friends are at it again.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk looked up to find Hyorin standing before him. “Well it seems like NiHee is one of your friends.” 
 
 
Hyorin shrugged. “She’s nice, a bit energetic.”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded and began walking down the hall way.” 
 
 
“Are you using the studio tonight?” 
 
 
Eunhyuk stopped in his place. “Yes, why?” 
 
 
“Nothing,” 
 
 
Eunhyuk watched her walk into the office. He scoffed to himself and began making his way to the studio. He placed his I-pod on the dock and grabbed the tiny remote and placed it in his pocket. He began warming up. 
 
 
Fifteen minutes later, Eunhyuk took out the tiny remote from his pocket and hit play on his I-pod. The song “Because Of You” by NeYo began to play. It was slow at first but sensual. As the beat began to pick up so did Eunhyuk. He looked up at the mirror and suddenly he saw Hyorin next to him following his every move. That confident smile appeared on her face as Eunhyuk upped the level of his moves. 
 
 
They were smooth and fluid, working together to make a duet dance. Once the song finished, just as the other night, they looked at each other with a finishing pose. 
 
 
“Not bad,” said Eunhyuk with a smirk.
 
 
“Not bad yourself,”
 
 
They both relaxed but were still staring at each other. Hyorin began to inch closer to Eunhyuk. He looked down at her lips and began to inch closer when suddenly the door of the dance studio banged open. 
 
 
“Hey, Eunhyuk…I…oh…”
 
 
They both turned their heads and found Dongjae in the doorway with a CD in his hand. 
 
 
“If you guys are busy…I’ll just--”
 
 
“No it’s okay,” said Eunhyuk as he walked away from Hyorin. “What is that in your hands?” 
 
 
“It’s the competition’s dances,” said Dongjae as he began to set up the DVD player and TV. 
 
 
Eunhyuk crossed his arms. “And how did you get that?”
 
 
Dongjae looked back at him with a grin. “Youtube,”
 
 
The DVD began to play. It showed various clips of pieces rival dance companies put up on Youtube. Stupid but it was a way for others to show off. Tempo Dance Academy tended to not put up their dance pieces unless it was completely original and would not be used for any future dance competitions. But everyone else, wanted publicity. Tempo Dance Academy had been winning various dance competitions since Eunhyuk could remember. Fans were everything to other dance companies but for Tempo once they performed they took those fans away. So it was unnecessary to make videos daily for their Youtube channel.
 
 
“It’s very simple,” commented Hyorin. “It looks almost amateurish.”
 
 
“It’s classic though,” countered Eunhyuk. “Although it’s nothing special, its old school which the judges like.”
 
 
“Wait a minute, what is this competition for?” 
 
 
“It’s Seoul’s Annual Dance Company Competition. The ADCC,” said Dongjae looking at Hyorin. “It’s where all dance companies nation wide come and compete for 5,000,000 won. We’ve won seven years in a row and this year will be our eighth.”
 
 
“Is it really that big of a deal?” asked Hyorin. 
 
 
“Of course it is,” replied Eunhyuk. “The rival dance company Fresh Academy is always at the top to beat us out. It’s a sense of pride.”
 
 
As the clips ended, Eunhyuk turned to Dongjae with a confident smile. “This year is going to be cake.” 
 
 
They high fived each other and laughed. 
 
 
Dongjae looked over at Hyorin who was stretching in front of the mirror. He leaned towards Eunhyuk’s ear. “What were you two doing before I came in here?” He pouted his lips teasing at Eunhyuk.
 
 
Eunhyuk shoved him on the shoulders hard. “Shut up and help me with this routine.”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Company dinners! Company dinners! I love company dinners!” sang NiHee as she trudged ahead the rest of the group instructors with a happy dance. 
 
 
The rest of the group sighed as they watched NiHee. She loved anything that was free and company dinners were always free of charge courtesy of Mr. Moon. Although, he never showed up at one. Eunhyuk nudged Eli who was beside him. “Hey, go make sure she’ll make it to the restaurant okay.”
 
 
Eli rolled his eyes with a small smile as he ran to catch up with NiHee. 
 
 
“I like those two together,” commented Hyorin. “Although I can tell he doesn’t like having to take care of her, he does it anyways.”
 
 
“They’ve been partners for a long time, it’s his nature.” replied Eunhyuk. “Besides there is a strict no dating within the company policy.”
 
 
“You’re all about rules Eunhyuk,” butted in Dongjae. “You can tell that those two like each other. They’ve liked each other since they’ve met. But just like you, rules are golden.” He put his arm around the two of them and smiled. “Take a risk.” He stuck his tongue out at Eunhyuk and ran to catch up to Eli and NiHee. 
 
 
He left the two of them to walk alone together. Eunhyuk scowled at Dongjae’s back. Typical prankster. 
 
 
“Dongjae’s fun,” Hyorin turned to him. “I know about everyone’s personality except yours.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk narrowed her eyes at her. “And let’s keep it that way.”
 
 
They arrived outside of their favorite Korean beef restaurant and were right away seated in a private room. They ordered three orders of beef to start off and two bottles of soju. As drinks were given around, Eunhyuk could feel everyone was getting drunk. The mood was happier and energetic whenever they came together for a company dinner. 
 
 
NiHee was complaining as usual to the rest of them about how bad some of her kids were. She was explaining in full detail when Eunhyuk looked over at Hyorin who was chugging down shots of soju as if it were soda. 
 
 
He saw Dongjae slyly take the bottle away from her. He saw her slowly start drifting off to drunkenness. Feeling tipsy, but not as drunk, Eunhyuk whispered to Dongjae telling him that he would take her home. Dongjae nodded at him as he took hold of her arm and dragged her out of the restaurant. 
 
 
“What are you doing?” slurred Hyorin as she pulled out of Eunhyuk’s grasp. “I was having fun!” 
 
 
“You’re drunk,” replied Eunhyuk. “If you keep drinking like that you won’t be able to go home.”
 
 
She snorted. “Oh, so now you care.”
 
 
Eunhyuk chose to ignore her as he took hold of her arm again and began walking. “Where do you live?”
 
 
“I don’t have a home.”
 
 
“What do you mean?”
 
 
“I live in the studio.”
 
 
Eunhyuk stopped. “What do you mean the studio. The dance studio?” 
 
 
“You don’t believe me? Come on then, I’ll show you.”
 
 
Hyorin began walking ahead of Eunhyuk. He reluctantly followed her back to the studio. She turned to Eunhyuk with a small smile on her face as if she was inviting him to her own home. She slowly went inside and Eunhyuk followed her. Hyorin and him passed through the hallways, the offices, and the studios. They turned a corner and there was a door. Hyorin opened it and it revealed stairs. She hurriedly went up the steps and with Eunhyuk trailing along opened another door. 
 
 
The opened door revealed a medium sized room furnishing with a bed, a dresser, a small couch, and a desk. Hyorin sat on her bed and stretched. 
 
 
She looked at Eunhyuk with a smug smile. “I told you I live here.”
 
 
“How?” questioned Eunhyuk. “Did Mr. Moon let you?”
 
 
She nodded. “It’s not for free, I pay rent. But you have to keep this a secret Eunhyuk,” She her finger to her lips. “If anyone else finds out I’ll be kicked out. Promise?” 
 
 
Eunhyuk didn’t know what to say. He was a little bit angry. Mr. Moon had never been so generous to the other dance instructors. Why was Hyorin an exception?
 
 
“Are you mad?” Hyorin got up from the bed and stood in front of Eunhyuk. “Don’t be mad. I worked hard for this place. Mr. Moon would never let me have this place for free. Don’t be mad.”
 
 
“Drink water,” said Eunhyuk. “It’ll help with the hangover tomorrow.” He began to turn to leave. 
 
 
“Wait,” Hyorin said stopping him in his tracks. “I want to show you something.”
 
 
Eunhyuk turned his head to look at her. “What?”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Have you ever danced ballet before?”
 
 
Eunhyuk shook his head. “No…”
 
 
Hyorin stood in first position for ballet, stretched her arms out and then twirled towards Eunhyuk with her hand out for him to take. 
 
 
“I don’t know--”
 
 
“Just follow me,” She grabbed his hand and they began to dance. 
 
 
Hyorin began to move around the studio with light ballerina moves. She whispered 1, 2, 3 under her breath as they moved surprisingly, Eunhyuk was able to follow along. 
 
 
Suddenly, Hyorin twirled outward, let go of his hand and said, “Catch me.” 
 
 
With light footsteps, Hyorin ran towards Eunhyuk and jumped. He caught her gracefully and a large smile appeared on her face. Eunhyuk set her down and they both collapsed on the floor laughing. 
 
 
“I’ve never done that before,” stated Eunhyuk. “I’ve just known hip hop.”
 
 
Hyorin turned to face him so that her whole body was towards him. She stared at him for a second before giving him a small smile. “It was fun wasn’t it?” 
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded.
 
 
Hyorin began to slowly lean in towards Eunhyuk’s face with closed eyes. Eunhyuk closed his own just as Hyorin pressed her lips against his. The light kiss turned into a deeper one as they continued. 
 
 
Hyorin slowly pulled away and looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes asking what this may be. If this meaning them then Eunhyuk didn’t know. He slowly shook his head. She sighed and closed her eyes. Her breathing slowed and Eunhyuk knew she had fallen asleep.
 
 
Feeling the heavy drooping of his own eyelids, he decided to fall asleep too. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Did you hear about the new dance teacher and Eunhyuk hyung?”
 
 
“Yeah, I heard they kissed each other!”
 
 
“No! They slept with each other!” 
 
 
“A dance caught them yesterday morning sleeping together on the dance studio floor.”
 
 
“So they really did it?!”
 
 
“Yeah!”
 
 
Eunhyuk ignored the whispers from all the dancer students and proceeded his way towards the instructor office. The next morning after the company dinner, a dancer from Eunhyuk and Dongjae’s class walked in on Hyorin and Eunhyuk on the studio floor sleeping. Yes, they were sleeping together, fully clothed. They didn’t do anything else but kiss. Rumors spread around the studio faster than Eunhyuk could imagine. He had gone home and changed and both Hyorin and him continued on the as if nothing happened. 
 
 
As the rumors were not clarified, each day grew worse and worse. Mr. Moon had finally called in Eunhyuk in his office to have a talk with him. He passed the eyes of Eli, NiHee, and Dongjae whom Eunhyuk had explained the situation to them leaving out the part of them kissing. Dongjae mouthed “Fighting!” as Eunhyuk opened the door to Mr. Moon’s office. 
 
 
To his surprise, Hyorin was there sitting in front of Mr. Moon patiently waiting. He slowly sat next to Hyorin and waited for Mr. Moon to talk. 
 
 
“I know you two know the policy I have on dating here in this dance company.”
 
 
The two of them nodded. 
 
 
“I’ve been hearing rumors lately and--”
 
 
“Mr. Moon, their not true,” spoke up Eunhyuk.
 
 
Silence swept across the room. From the corner of his eye, he could see Hyorin staring at him.
 
 
“There’s noting between us Mr. Moon. We cam back after the company dinner. Hyorin offered to help me with choreography for the competition. It was late and we ended up falling asleep from exhaustion. That was all.”
 
 
“Is that right Hyorin?”
 
 
Hyorin slowly nodded. 
 
 
Mr. Moon leaned back in his office chair with a small grin on his face. “Well, then since you two have become so well acquainted, I hope there won’t be anymore issues.”
 
 
“Yes sir,”
 
 
The two left the office. Without a word, Hyorin pushed past Eunhyuk and rushed out of the office. Eunhyuk quietly closed the door behind him. Eunhyuk caught eyes with NiHee. She nodded her head towards the door, telling Eunhyuk to go after her. He looked at the door, contemplated on it, and shook his head. Instead he walked to his desk and sat down.
 
 
“What are you doing man, go after her!” said Dongjae as he rolled his office chair closer to Eunhyuk’s. He leaned in close to his ear and whispered. “You told me you kissed her! You can’t just let whatever Mr. Moon says go. You like her!” 
 
 
Eunhyuk glared at Dongjae and through gritted teeth said, “It may be alright for you to break the rules but Mr. Moon trusts me not to get involved.”
 
 
Dongjae shook his head in disappointment. “If you want to play by the book, then fine. But don’t just ignore her.”
 
 
“I’m not.”
 
 
A week later, rumors had been cleared up personally by Mr. Moon. Eunhyuk felt somewhat better as he was no longer ridiculed or talked negatively by his students. Although, every time he looked at Hyorin, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but feel guilty. It was just a kiss. They hadn’t talked to each other in a week and for some reason it annoyed Eunhyuk. He wasn’t the type of person to be ignored. He was the one who usually did the ignoring. 
 
 
After class, that him and Dongjae just finished, NiHee announced that she was throwing a party at her house. Why? To distress the five instructors about the upcoming competition. NiHee was right, the competition was less than a month away. Eunhyuk and Dongjae’s advanced group of boys were working hard. They all agreed to show up at NiHee’s place at around 8. 
 
 
Eunhyuk, thinking it was going to be a small party was obviously wrong. As he entered NiHee’s apartment, the loud bass from the music and overwhelming sea of people hit him. It took over thirty minutes to find NiHee and Eli.
 
 
“What is this?!” yelled Eunhyuk over the loud music.
 
 
“A party!” replied NiHee as she bopped her head to the rhythm. 
 
 
Eli’s arm was around her shoulders as they both got into the music.
 
 
“Well, where’s Dongjae?!” yelled Eunhyuk once again.
 
 
Eli laughed heartily. “You know him, he’s probably dancing it up with some girls!”
 
 
Eli was right. As Eunhyuk turned his head towards the dancing, he was able to spot Dongjae right away with a group of girls. 
 
 
NiHee rested her hand on his shoulder and grinned. “Hey, just relax! Have fun! Get a drink or something!”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded. He left the loud noise and headed towards the kitchen. 
 
 
The kitchen was no luck either. Guys and girls were drinking away and chatting loudly. Eunhyuk decided to grab a bottle of beer and find a quieter place. Next, he tried the balcony but that was already occupied by ually active couples. Eunhyuk chuckled to himself, wondering who were all these people NiHee invited or…did she know them?
 
 
Eunhyuk wandered through the rooms and opened the door to a guest room. He stopped in his tracks as he spotted Hyorin watching T.V. on the bed. “What are you doing here?”
 
 
She pointed at her ears. “It’s too noisy outside.”
 
 
He nodded. Eunhyuk pointed at the bed that she was lying on. “Do you mind?”
 
 
She shook her head.
 
 
Eunhyuk sat beside her and propped his legs up. She was watching reruns of Running Man. It was silent between them except for the fun noises from the T.V. They laughed heartily at fun parts and felt the intensity in the room as the blue and red team faced off in hide and seek. He turned to Hyorin who was intently watching the T.V. He held up the beer to her. She took it from him and began to sip.
 
 
“Hey,” Eunhyuk said in the middle of commercial. “Are you mad at me?”
 
 
Hyorin nodded. “Yeah…”
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
“You ignored me in the office. You gave me the cold shoulder. And we had to lie. I hate to lie. We just had to tell Mr. Moon the truth but you didn’t even let me explain for myself. You just saved yourself.”
 
 
“It was the best thing to say in that situation.”
 
 
Hyorin turned to look at him as well. “No, it was the best thing to do to save your .”
 
 
A small smile appeared on Eunhyuk’s lips. She had spunk and she was right. He did want to save his . They both went to watching T.V.
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
Eunhyuk didn’t know what time it was but when Eunhyuk opened his eyes, he saw through the windows streams of sunlight pouring through the blinds. He tried to sit up but was immediately pushed down by a force. He looked down on the bed and found Hyorin tightly snuggled against his chest. He lifted his arm slowly away from her as he reached for his cell phone in his front pocket. It was almost 10 am. He lightly tapped Hyorin on the shoulder. She stirred for a moment then slowly opened her eyes. Once meeting eyes with his, she jumped from her place and backed away from him.
 
 
“I guess we fell asleep last night.” said Eunhyuk as he got up from the bed.
 
 
Hyorin quickly did the same. She nervously put her hair up in a bun. “Maybe we should go out and see if NiHee’s awake.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded in agreement. He opened the guest room door and the two of them began to trudge down the hallway. 
 
 
The party had left a huge mess for NiHee to clean up. Eunhyuk kicked away empty beer cans and leftover plates. They finally found NiHee sleeping on the couch. Her head was on Eli’s lap who was sleeping as well.
 
 
“Should we wake them?” asked Hyorin from behind.
 
 
“Definitely,” replied Eunhyuk as he made his way towards NiHee. He began slapping her on the arm. “Wake up! NiHee!!!! WAKE UP!!!”
 
 
NiHee, obviously startled, jumped from her laying position to a sitting once. She groggily looked around her. “What the hell…” 
 
 
Eunhyuk smiled down at her. “Good morning sunshine.”
 
 
NiHee nodded at him as she began waking up Eli. “Good morning…”
 
 
She looked around her. “Hmm, the party must have gone a little over board.”
 
 
“A little?!” exclaimed Hyorin. “We could barely walk down the hallway without tripping over a beer can.”
 
 
“Okay,” giggled NiHee. “Maybe it went a lot out of hand but the thing is if Dongjae hadn’t gone wild with those girls the party wouldn’t have gone to this extent.”
 
 
“Speaking of Dongjae, where is he?” asked Eunhyuk. 
 
 
“Good question,” piped in Eli. “I’m assuming he’s still here.”
 
 
“Right here!”
 
 
The group turned to look where the voice had come from. Dongjae began to roll out from under the living room coffee table. He playfully saluted them with a bright smile. “I may be hung over but I don’t care. Last night was the shizz!” 
 
 
They all laughed as Eunhyuk helped Dongjae up. “Come on, let’s help NiHee clean up the place,” 
 
 
“By the way,” said Dongjae. “Where were you two? Were you and Hyorin doing something in the--”
 
 
“Let’s just clean Dongjae. Shut that big mouth of yours,” Eunhyuk said cutting him.
 
 
Eli and NiHee gave Hyorin and him indifferent looks as they laughed together. They both chose to ignore them as they started picking up trash. 
 
 
For the next hour and a half, the five of them cleaned NiHee’s apartment as clean as they could possibly make it. Dongjae left first to go on home because of his massive hangover. 
 
 
“I think I’m going to go on home too,” said Hyorin as she tied up the last garbage bag.
 
 
NiHee hugged her. “Thanks for coming and well…cleaning. We’ll see you on Monday.”
 
 
Hyorin waved at all of them and left. 
 
 
Eunhyuk plopped down on the couch. He propped his feet up on the coffee table and placed his hands behind his head. Eli walked over and kicked his feet off the table. 
 
 
“Go take her home,”
 
 
Eunhyuk looked at Eli. “What?”
 
 
“You can’t just let a girl go home by herself!” exclaimed NiHee.
 
 
Eunhyuk scoffed. “It’s broad daylight!”
 
 
Eli shrugged as he took a seat beside Eunhyuk. He leaned in close and whispered to Eunhyuk, “You might as well just go before NiHee lectures you on safety and what not. Trust me it’s not something you want to sit through.” 
 
 
Eunhyuk jumped up from his seat as NiHee hit Eli on the head. He laughed as they began bickering. “I’ll see you guys on Monday!”
 
 
Eunhyuk quickly put on his shoes and headed out the door. He ran down the stairs and out the apartment doors. He began running towards the direction of the dance studio. He found her at a shack stand. Eunhyuk walked up to her quietly as she took a bite of food. 
 
 
“Eating spicy rice cakes?” 
 
 
Startled at his voice, Hyorin dropped the spicy rice cake on the plate. “Dammit, you scared me!” 
 
 
Eunhyuk grabbed a toothpick and picked up a spicy rice cake. “NiHee made me come take you home. She thinks you’ll get or something in broad daylight. It could happen but I didn’t want to hear about it. She doesn’t know you live in the studio.” He popped the spicy cake in his mouth.
 
 
“I don’t need you take me home Eunhyuk,” replied Hyorin. “I can get home by myself.”
 
 
“I want to practice in the studio anyways,” replied Eunhyuk. “We might as well walk home together.”
 
 
“Fine,” Hyorin pushed the plate of spicy rice cakes towards Eunhyuk. “Help me finish this.” 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Let me watch some of the routine. Did you change it up since I last saw?”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded as he turned to Hyorin as they walked to the bottom floor studio and threw his I-pod to her. She caught it and placed it in the I-home jack making sure to press play. 
 
 
Eunhyuk took to his position. Once the music played, Eunhyuk began. After intense practicing with his students, Dongjae and him had practically perfected the routine, adding more fluid motions and sharper techniques. The routine Hyorin last saw was just a rough routine. 
 
 
As the song ended, Eunhyuk heard Hyorin clapping behind him. 
 
 
“I can see why you guys win ever year,” Hyorin said. “The routine is harder since the last time I saw it.”
 
 
Eunhyuk smiled. “It’s just how we do.”
 
 
“Do you mind teaching it to me?” asked Hyorin. She began stretching out her arms. “It’d be nice to learn a new dance routine.”
 
 
Eunhyuk pulled her by his side and positioned her the way he was positioned at the beginning. “Follow me. Once, two, one, two, three. Got it?” 
 
 
Hyorin nodded as she followed along. Eunhyuk felt a rush he taught Hyorin the dance. It had such a different feeling then teaching a bunch of boys. Hyorin was more flexible and she caught on quickly. Just like he thought a ballerina would. 
 
 
After thirty minutes, Hyorin had it down pat. He played the song on the I-pod and in no time Eunhyuk felt he was dancing alongside Dongjae. 
 
 
“That was great!” Eunhyuk gave Hyorin a high five. “Are all your ballerinas like that?” 
 
 
“Well the hip hop class,” chuckled Hyorin as she wiped off the sweat from her forehead on the back of her hand. “We’re better than you think.”
 
 
“I’ve never met anyone who can get that routine as fast as you did,” Eunhyuk gave her a cold water bottle. “It’s impressive.”
 
 
Hyorin smiled as he took it from him. “Thanks,”
 
 
“You know what’s really funny?” began Eunhyuk. “Every time I’m with you I can’t stand you. Your attitude, personality, you’re the type of person I wouldn’t hang around with. But then…you do something that makes me want to kiss you.”
 
 
“Kiss me” Hyorin walked up closer to Eunhyuk. “But there’s nothing going on between us, right Eunhyuk?” 
 
 
“You’re an ,” Eunhyuk pulled her close and kissed her on the lips.
 
 
Once Eunhyuk pulled away, Hyorin shook her head smiling. “You really need to stop kissing me of I might get the wrong idea.”
 
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes playfully. “Ha ha,” He leaned in and kissed her again.
 
 
Suddenly, Eunhyuk heard someone clear their throat. He stepped away from Hyorin and they both turned to look at the door. Mr. Moon was standing in the doorway with a not so happy expression on his face. “I’d like to see the both of you in my office now.”
 
 
Eunhyuk and Hyorin looked at each other. He took Hyorin’s hand and nodded. She gave him a small smile as they followed Mr. Moon to the office. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“I thought that there was nothing going on between the two of you,”
 
 
“I’m sorry sir,” replied Eunhyuk. “I really like Hyorin.”
 
 
“You lied to me Eunhyuk,” said Mr. Moon as he leaned back into his office chair. “I trusted the both of you.” 
 
 
“Mr. Moon,” spoke up Hyorin. “We never meant for it to happen this way. Please don’t be mad.”
 
 
“You both know I have strict rules in this studio that I abide to,” Mr. Moon folded his hands on the desk. “I won’t fire the both of you because you both are talent dance instructors. But, this year we are withdrawing from the ADCC Competition.” 
 
 
“No!” protested Eunhyuk. “Please don’t do this sir! We’ve all worked hard for this competition and just because I broke the rules doesn’t mean the whole dance academy has to go down with me.”
 
 
“He’s right Mr. Moon, if anything just fire me,” said Hyorin.
 
 
Eunhyuk sharply looked at Hyorin. “No, fore me. This studio needs a ballet instructor. Dongjae can cover for me.”
 
 
“No one is going to be fired,” Mr. Moon sighed. “Fine, I have a proposition for the both of you. The dance competition is in two weeks. We always have the boys enter but this year I want the advanced girls to enter as well.” 
 
 
“You mean co-ed? That’s impossible! My boys have been working on this for months. Two weeks is not enough!”
 
 
“Well you’re going to have to make it work,” said Mr. Moon. “Or else Hyorin is fired.”
 
 
“Don’t do it Eunhyuk, it’s not worth it.” Hyorin said as she took Eunhyuk’s hand.
 
 
Eunhyuk ignored Hyorin as he nodded. “Fine, we’ll do it.”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
The next day, Dongjae walked inside the dance studio with his hands up. “What’s this I hear about combining with the advanced girls group for the competition?! They’re all ballerinas!”
 
 
“Hey!” yelled Hyorin as she walked out behind from Eunhyuk. “Their hip hop is sick.”
 
 
“What exactly did you do Eunhyuk that got Mr. Moon this mad?”
 
 
Eunhyuk looked over at Hyorin with a smile. “I kissed her.”
 
 
Dongjae rolled his eyes. “Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. I mean I was rooting for the two of you but you just had to get caught?!”
 
 
Eunhyuk put a hand on Dongjae’s shoulder. “Shut up, the boys and girls are going to come in soon.”
 
 
“Would it be weird if they showed up wearing their tutu’s?” asked Hyorin.
 
 
“I guess we’ll have to find out,” muttered Eunhyuk as the doors of the studio’s opened with the boys and girls coming in.
 
 
They gave all of them confused looks. Hyorin was right as well. The girls were dressed in their swears. It was such a huge contrast.
 
 
The girls went to Hyorin immediately and the boys to Dongjae and Eunhyuk.
 
 
“What’s going on?”
 
 
“Why are there ballerinas in here?” 
 
 
“Hyorin, what are we doing?”
 
 
“We’re wearing our tutus!” 
 
 
“Okay guys, stop!” yelled Eunhyuk. “Everybody sit down in the middle of the floor and we’ll explain everything to all of you.” 
 
 
The door of the dance studio opened and in walked NiHee and Eli. They waved at the three of them as they stood in the back to watch. 
 
 
“Under some circumstances, Mr. Moon has asked us to combine the advanced boys and girls group to enter the ADCC Competition in two weeks.”
 
 
There was an uproar between the dancers.
 
 
“Guys, we can make this happen if we work really hard. You all have to believe in us. So, for the next two weeks it will be non stop practices. Yesterday Hyorin and I have been working hard to add elements that highlight both the girls and boys for the new routine.”
 
 
“Wait a minute,” interrupted Dongjae. “A new routine?”
 
 
Eunhyuk nodded. “A new routine. It’s not brand new. There are still steps we’ve learned incorporated in the routine but Hyorin and I thought that some ballet would make the judges go wild.”
 
 
The boys groaned.
 
 
Hyorin laughed. “I think this will be fun.”
 
 
Eunhyuk, Hyorin, and Dongjae rounded up the dancers and started lining them up to teach them the routine. The beginning position of “Because Of You” was the same until they got to the second half which consisted of ballet moves that the boys stumbled over. 
 
 
“Come on guys, it’s not hard!” yelled Eunhyuk. “Let’s do it again!” Eunhyuk and Hyorin watched off to the side. The boys could barely life the girls without stumbling forwards. “Okay let’s try that lift one more time! Feet spread apart and hold your ground.”
 
 
For the rest of the dance practice, Hyorin was busy teaching the boys some basics on lifting and Eunhyuk and Dongjae were teaching the girls the hip hop part. It was a tiresome practice.
 
 
It was getting late. Eunhyuk dismissed the students and began cleaning up after they left. Eunhyuk told Dongjae to head on home and that he’ll lock up. Once Dongjae left, Hyorin playfully pirouetted towards him. “Tired?”
 
 
He sighed. “Can’t you tell.”
 
 
Hyorin pulled him towards her and hugged him. “We can definitely do this. It’ll all work out.”
 
 
Eunhyuk smiled as he hugged her closer to him. “I know. I believe in this group.”
 
 
“The boys…they caught on quicker than I thought they would. We definitely need to work on it more and the girls as they were leaving, they were so happy that they didn’t do much ballet today.” Hyorin nestled her face into his chest. “If we don’t win I don’t care as long as those kids are happy.” 
 
 
“Happiness and dancing is all we need right?”
 
 
Hyorin smiled nodding. “Right,”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“Welcome all to Seoul’s Annual Dance Company Competition or better known as the ADCC, I’m your host tonight AJ! Tonight we have amazing performances by all the dance companies in Seoul. We have three awesome judges! Give a round of applause for them! Okay, now its time to start the real competition. Let me introduce Danceology!” 
 
 
A round of applause erupted as the first dance company went up. Backstage, Eunhyuk turned to all of the Tempo Dance Academy students. “Okay guys, we’re last this tear so it’s a great opportunity to scope out the competition and from what I can tell, there’s nothing but hip hop. We have our secret weapon. Are you girls all ready?” The girls nodded. “Okay good, now let’s go watch.” 
 
 
For the past two weeks Eunhyuk, Dongjae, and Hyorin had been drilling the boys and girls the routine all hours of practice. Late night practices were actually held for the first time and lots of tears and frustration came from the students. It was hard but completely worth it. 
 
 
They had all accepted ballet as their secret weapon and it showed in their cooperation with each other and the amazing dance costumes they put together. It was amazing how much they had bonded and cooperated as a team. Eunhyuk had no doubts that they would not won. 
 
 
Eunhyuk grabbed hold of Hyorin’s hand as they watched all the other competitors from backstage. Soon enough it was their turn. 
 
 
“Last but not least, seven time champions, please welcome Temp Dance Academy!”
 
 
As the kids began filing out on stage, Hyorin, Eunhyuk, and Dongjae wished them all good luck. They rushed to the front of the audience to watch the performance. NiHee and Eli greeted them, wishing them good luck as well.
 
 
“Want it, but I can’t help it the way it feels, it’s got me stuck between fantasy and what is real.”
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
“And the winner of the 2011 Seoul Annual Dance Company Competition is…once again, Tempo Dance Academy!” 
 
 
The five dance instructors stood up and cheered. Eunhyuk took Hyorin in his arms and gave her a long kiss. Hooting and hollering were heard from the stage but Eunhyuk didn’t care. They had won!
 
 
Hyorin laughed as Eunhyuk let her go. “I guess now you’re stuck with me.”
 
 
Dongjae put his arms tightly around them, excitedly jumping around. “The Prince and Princess of Dance aren’t getting fired! Now it’s time to work on Eli and NiHee…”
 
 
Eunhyuk playfully shoved Dongjae off. “Shut up man!” 
 
 
Once Dongjae left, Hyorin pulled Eunhyuk into another hug. “We did it, we really won.”
 
 
Eunhyuk hugged her tighter. “Thanks for dancing with me and being with me. I think it’s such a great idea to combine the two--”
 
 
Hyorin interrupted Eunhyuk by putting a finger to his lips. “Just shut up and kiss me.”
 
 
Eunhyuk smiled as he pressed his lips on Hyorin’s. So maybe he really didn’t like her in the beginning, but Eunhyuk had come down with the bad case of falling in love. Thankfully, she was a dancer.