Jimin's Story

Just Maybe

       We were 15 years old that time and I was at school with Young Gi when my parents comes to pick us up. We both keep asking why and what happened but they didn't say anything until we reached the hospital. We get off from the car and mom suddenly put his hands on Young Gi's shoulders. "Young Gi ah.. Your parents involved in a car accident just now, and we're here to visit them..". I was shocked. Well of course, Young Gi was only standing there, didn't know how to respond to what mom just said. "Was.. Was it bad..?", she asked. "Kinda.. But let's pray that everything will be okay..", dad pats her head. I can see that she's heartbroken, I know she wanna cry but there's still light of hope after what dad has said to her. "Let's go..", dad said, leading us to the emergency unit. She nodded, but she didn't take her step at all. She's scared, I can see it in her eyes. I holds her hand. "Young Gi? Let's go.. Everything will be okay..", I look straight into her eyes. She also holds my hand, never letting it go until we reach at the waiting room. Seeing her so down making me sad so I intertwined our fingers together.

       "Chimchim?", she looked at me.

       "Young Gi.. No matter what happens, I will always be with you.. I'll always be here, right beside you..",

       "Thanks, Chimchim.. That's very sweet of you..". At least she's smiling, although its a bitter one. The red light above the surgery room's door turned off, making us stands up waiting for the doctor to come out. "I'm very sorry, I can't help.. They injuries was so bad, making them lost too many bloods.. Miss, please stay strong..", the doctor tell her. She fell on her knees, but I managed to catch her. Mom and dad went to the doctor's room and mom tell me to accompany Young Gi. If she don't ask me to, I will of course do it anyway. She tried to say something, but it seems so hard because she was crying.

       "Shh.. No no.. Its okay.. I'm here..", I hug her tight. "I don't know what should I do.. But I hope this can make you feel better..", she was unconscious after that.

 

                                                                                                                 *************

 

       It's been a week since the funeral. And all those times, my heart hurts so much seeing Young Gi. She won't eat or speak. All she do was lock herself in her room. Until one day, I can't stand it anymore. I went to her house and break her bedroom door. As expected, everything is in a total mess. Her eyes are swollen due to crying too much and she looks skinnier than the last time I saw her. "How are you?", I tried to talk to her. She only smiled, looking away. "Why? Seriously? You didn't answer me and you won't even look at me? Young Gi please stop this I", I haven't finished my words when she suddenly hugs me. She said something when she pulled away from the hug but I can't hear her voice. "What? What is it?", I tried my best to read her lips but it doesn't work. Her lips is so beautiful I can only look at it and think how would it taste like. She took her phone and typed something before showing it to me.

       "I lost my voice...??", I read it. She nodded. I look at her in disbelief. Was it because she cry most of the time? Or because she didn't talk for that whole time since her parents died? I do heard about how people lost their voice if they didn't talk for a long time. "I have sore throat, it hurts so much that I can't even speak..", that was what she typed next.

       "Pabo!", I playfully hit her forehead. Her eyes widened because she was surprised. I hug her waist and pull her close, really close to me. "I thought you really lost your voice.. Your voice is what I wanna listen to forever..", I bury my face at the crook of her neck and she leans her head on my chest. "Get well soon, I miss you like crazy..", I said. I know she's a strong, independent girl. She will be able to live her life after what had happened but of course it won't feel the same. And I promise to myself that I will always be with her, until forever. "You look so skinny.. You should eat..", I look upon her face, "Go wash up, we'll go eat at your favourite place..".

       After she's done showering, I helped her to dry up her hair. Her long wavy hair is so smooth and silky, I just can't stop touching or playing with it until she finally put it up in a messy buns. "Just let it free will you?", she shakes her head, opposing my suggestion. "You look more beautiful if you let your hair free..". I can see the struggles she's facing, trying to say the reason why she won't let her hair free. Not even single word can be heard clearly when she was speaking and it made me laugh at her causing her to pouts. I leans closer, kissing her lips. As I've always imagined, she really have that soft lips with red mango flavor which came from her lip balm and when I realized what I have done, I quickly pull away. She was shocked, she didn't even look at me. "I.. I'm sorry.. I..", I tried to explain but she raised her hand, signalling she understand and left me in the room. I physically slapped my own face for doing that, damn I just kissed her.