Prologue

Love Me Right

She walked back and forth her bedroom restlessly waiting for her phone to ring, or maybe just beep. A notification sound would be great too. But nothing. The green wall was getting annoying to look at, perhaps she should’ve painted her walls blue, the color of tranquility.

Her frustration grew after 10 minutes of silence. She picked up her phone and dialed Eunji.

“Hello~” Eunji answered gleefully. How come she’s always this upbeat?

“He’s not answering my text! I sent it 10 minutes ago!” she didn’t want to shout but it came out loud. “Isn’t he being rude? If someone text you, you should reply it!”

“Hey!”

“What?”

“I don’t even know who you’re talking about”

“Who else? I’m talking about Kai! That handsome jerk thinks he’s so handsome and y so it’s okay not to reply my text! Why is he handsome!?”

Eunji laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“Miss Son Naeun, this is what it feels like. . . To be in love”

Is it?

“What did you text him anyway?”

She could feel Eunji smirking on the other side of the line.

“Just. . . Something”

“Okay~” Eunji chuckled. “I think you should relax and just wait a little more. Maybe he’s in the shower. Or maybe he’s driving or something. You never know”

Eunji is right, she thought. “You’re right. Maybe I should wait a little more”

“Good. Now, I have to go. Bomi is bringing me to this new restaurant in Hongdae. Text me if you need anything” and Eunji hung up. During their break from promotion, Naeun occasionally sleeps at her parents’ apartment instead of the dorm. The other members will go to their hometowns as well.

Maybe he’s in the shower. Maybe he’s driving, Maybe he’s in the shower. Maybe he’s driving, Naeun repeated as if they were some mantra to keep her calm. She clicked opened her LINE app.

Read, 8:11PM

“READ?!” Naeun exclaimed. He already read the text. Naeun hate these kind of people the most. Reading your text without replying. What good can come to that?

Just then her phone rang and it was Kai calling. Naeun’s heart almost stopped. She was just about to curse this guy.

“H-Hello?” she answered. Don’t stutter Son Naeun!

“I’m outside your apartment”

“What? Why?”

“You texted saying you want to meet me”

“Yes. . . but like on a day, maybe one afternoon, at some café” She wasn’t expecting it to be now.

“Well, I drove all the way here. Come out”

That’s it. Just like that. She didn’t get the chance to say no. Kai can have whatever he wants. Naeun could facepalm herself so hard right now. This Kai. He’s so unpredictable and for that same reason, Naeun adore him so much. She grabbed her jacket and walked out to meet the guy of her dream.