my mysterious guitarist

compilation of oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TITLE: MY MYSTERIOUS GUITARIST
GENRE: ONESHOT; ROMANCE;
PAIRINGS: Akira SUZUKI(REITA) X MARIELLE
AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS MADE FOR MY REITA BIASED FRIEND-AND TWIN-,MERIELLE IRISH BRAGAIS. I HOPE YOU'D LIKE IT.


    I saw him, sitting under the Mango tree with his guitar on his lap. I guess I really do like listening to him strum, pluck his guitar. So, I sat at the other side of the tree and flipped through the pages of twilight.

    "ANATA NO NAMAE WA DESU KA?" I heard him say. It was the very first sentence he said to me. Before, I was guessing what was his ethnicity. But now, I do think he has japanes blood in him.

    "Are you talking to me?" I asked as I blankly stared at the pages of this novel I'm reading.

    "HAI." He replied, squatting infront of me. Before, I never really saw his face because his bangs hid it every time I see him. His chinky eyes were light brown. Lips were lushious. His breath smelled of chocolates. "So, What is your name?" He askes once more tilting his head slighty to the right. Giving him a really innocent look.

    "I-I'm Marielle." I smiled and extended my hand for a shake.

    "Akira." He replied and smiled as we shook hands. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked. Pertaining to the space beside me.

    "Sure."

    He just sat there looking at those kids playing 'Tag' at the clearing infront of us. Silence covered us. I finished the book and stretched my back. He was like a statue. Motionless, except for his breathing and a few blinks every now and then.

    "So... How long have you been here?" I broke the ice.

    "A week by now."

    "Ah~" That was all I could say. It was an awkward moment. "I guess, I should be going now." I stood up and gathered my things. When I was about to walk away, he grabbed my hand. I was never comfortable with men holding my hand or just by being around me.

    "Can we be friends?" He asked.

    "Of course we can."

    "Good then I'll walk you home." He got up and grabbed his guitar.

    "You don't have-"

    "I insist, Rie-rie." He cutted me. Rie-rie?! Weird but cute.

    That's how I met Akira. And We've been friends since that day. Every summer for the last five years, I was looking forward for his arrival. On that same spot. Under our tree blossomed my most guarded secret. I fell,and still, inlove with my Japanese friend.

    Summer passed but I never saw him or even had a glimpse of his shadow. Now, I tried to focus on my studies. I didn't join my friends when they're clubbing. I just used my free time studying. Yeah, I retorted myself into studying. Pathetic, right?

    The whole semester passed and I can't bear to sit at home all day. So I decided to walk towards that mango tree. I sat under the same tree he first talked to me. The place I fell inlove with him. Where I gave him my first kiss. Though it was purely accidental.

    Memories flooded my mind. On how we accidentally kissed. And the story goes like this...

    "Rie-rie." He called. It wa his third time having his vacation here.

    "Hey. HISASHIBURI NE~" I greeted him.

    "Woah. You're greeting me in japanese!" He was thrilled that time. I was happy aswell but I didn't show it.

    "I guess I did." I shrugged my shoulders and laughed.

    The usual day went on. I was just reading a book and he will read it aswell until he dozed off on my shoulder.

    "Staring at you this close really makes my heart flutter." I whispered as I put his head on my lap and watched him for a while then went back onto reading.

    "So that's why you're always blushing when I look at you." I gasped thinking he was sleeping. The clever guy smiled his very sly smile.

    "What do you mean?"

    "That you have a crush on me." He boasted.

    "As if! I don't have any feelings for you or whatsoever other than I like you as a friend, Akira-kun." I tried so hard not to falter my voice.

    "Sorry."

    "Now, get up. I'm having cramps already."

    He did what I said and even massaged my cramping leg.

    "Thank you." That was all I could say that time. He just smiled and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter