Chapter 1: A life anything but normal

It means something
---
 
 
"We only have one schedule today. You girls will perform Catch me if you can at Inkigayo. Then we'll head to Bangkok for Music Wave early morning. And merry X'mas girls".
 
Tiffany sighs. Another oversea performance. It's not that she doesn't want to meet the oversea fans, but she just gets back in Korea. And she's slept for only 2 hours on the plane.
 
But then, how can she complain when she chose this idol life. And even Yoona didn't complain although she still has another schedule after the performance.
 
"Are you okay? You look depressed?"
 
A caring voice brings her back to reality. She smiles towards her best friend. "I'm fine Tae".
 
"Really? Are you sure nothing's wrong?", Taeyeon frowns. She knows Tiffany well.
 
"I'm just tired and sleepy".
 
Nodding her head, Taeyeon sits beside Tiffany and gestures for Tiffany to rest on her shoulders. "Sleep then".
 
Smile again, Tiffany rests on her best friend's shoulders. She knows she has to feel happy for having such a great family here with her members, but somehow at moments like these, she can't help but dreaming about a normal life, at least a Christmas with her family instead of busy schedules.
 
 
---
 
 
But then, Tiffany knows better than anyone that life as a member of the most popular Korean girlgroup is anything but normal.
 
Because of traffic, they arrive a bit late at SBS Inkigayo. They have to change in the car and somehow manage to still have 10 minutes before their stage. Leaning against the wall, Tiffany sighs again while waiting for her group's turn.
 
"You sign a lot today, Fany. It's Christmas", Taeyeon comments and stands beside her.
 
"I feel a bit down. No reason. But I'll be fine".
 
"Is it because Nickhun is here?", Taeyeon says without looking at her.
 
Tiffany opens her mouth but really doesn't know what to say. To be honest, she doesn't even remember that until now. They were together for 3 years and broke up a month ago. It's normal to assume that Tiffany is sad and worried for seeing Nickhun again. But her life is not normal, and she doesn't know why but she feels okay to see him. They broke up peacefully, as they both couldn't find time for each other and got drift apart because of that. Deep in her heart, Tiffany knows that she doesn't have romantic feeling for him anymore. And they are now better as friends. Close friends, perhap.
 
But she thinks it'd be complicated to explain that. After all, she didn't really talk much to anyone about their breakup. So she just casually replies Taeyeon.
 
"I guess so".
 
But in her train of thoughts, Tiffany fails to notice the hurt expression in Taeyeon's face.
 
 
---
 
 
 
"How's the prepration for that event? You know we have to do great to impress companies there". Her boss storms in her office and asks seriously.
 
"She always does great. Has she ever not? Calm down Yunho". Her coordinate executive, Jaejoong, steps in behind her boss and winks at her.
 
"It's all prepared. I'll personally fly there in an hour to make sure everything is okay", Jessica still answers professionally.
 
"Great. The investors keep pushing us to expand there. As if it were that easy", her boss Yunho calms down and begins his usual complaints.
 
Jessica smiles at the familiar scene in front of her. Everytime after the investors' meeting, her CEO always gets worried and comes to her to grunt.
 
But she likes him, a lot. She's worked for a few companies and she did well. But she's not the type to socialize. So when she got a call from him asking for a meeting, and then an offer to work as a Chief Strategy Officer for this impressive agency, she was surprised.
 
She knew what it meant to work in advertising and events, let alone in a famous agency at that. Constant travel, never-ending meetings and events. Meeting and working with a lot of people from all over the world, it sounds fun for a lot of people. For an introvert like her, it is scary. But after 3 years, she is still here.
 
It's tiring, it takes all of her time. But her boss is like a cute and protective big brother, her team is like a family and her partners becomes her friends. As tiring as it can be, she thinks she'll still be here for a long time despite the fact that with this work schedule, her marital status won't change from "Single" anytime soon.
 
 
---
 
 
"Do you want me to go with you? If you must personally fly there, we know this is important", Jaejoong's voice makes her focus again.
 
"It's the first time we hold an event there. I just wanna make sure".
 
"And it's huge. We've got top artists there", Yunho sounds excited. "No, I'll go. I want to see them".
 
"Suit yourself. I'll be there for 3 hours though".
 
"Make it longer. You won't make it here in office hour anyway", Yunho frowns at her habits of taking quick travel.
 
"Then you gotta be here Jaejoong. We can't all leave the whole day", Jessica concludes.
 
Jaejoong nods and mumbles "I just want to spend Xmas with you".
 
Yunho doesn't hear him since he's busy fanboying about meeting his idol. But Jessica hears. As she never fails to notice his care and warm eyes towards her either.
 
 
------
 
A/N: 
 
Well, this is my first fanfic. And English is not my first language, so please excuse my grammar mistakes :)
 
JeTi is my favorite pairing, despite all of things happened... This story will be mainly JeTi, maybe some side pairings, I haven't decided yet.
 
Hope you enjoy it :) And I welcome any kind of comments :)