Chapter 4

School 2015
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Can't there be at least one person?” I asked her, and she turns her head and looks at me confused.

 

“At least one person who can call you by your real name? Can't I be that person?” I ask her more clearly this time.

 

“What?” She looked at me surprised.

 

“Ah look we're here.” I changed the topic and led her out.

 

“What are we doing here?” She asked while taking a seat at one of the benches at the park.

 

“....”

 

“Yah, Im Yoona, I have question for you.” She broke the silence that hovered above us.

 

“What is it?” I asked her.

 

“What's my name?” she asked me, but I couldn't answer her. Quickly she stood up, but right as she was about to walk away I managed to grab her wrist and turn her around.

 

“It' Jessica Jung. Your name is Jessica Jung so please start acting like her. I don't know why but I hate seeing you shrink in front of Hyuna.” I responded.

 

“I don't think you need to worry about my business.”

 

“Then make it so I won't have to worry!”

 

“Step down on her so she doesn't bully you anymore, because you are Jessica Jung.”

 

“Did you know that Hyuna is on to your secret?”

 

“What?”

 

~Flashback~

“Yah Im Yoona.” Hyuna called me after class ended.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Since when did you and Jessica Jung become friends? Also, did you notice how different she is now, not just in personality but her handwriting and mannerism?”

 

“W-what are you talking about?”

 

“I know you know Im.” Hyuna smirked.

 

“What?”

 

“I've been looking into things, and found this.” Hyuna said while handing me a photo.

 

It's a photo of some kids in front of an orphange.

 

“Do you see what I see Im?” Hyuna smirked. My eyes opened wide when I saw Jessica err Jessica's twin, I guess, in the photo.

 

“Now tell me, how did our Jessica get in this photo when she was suppose to be in class with us?”

 

“I don't think that's your business Hyuna.”

 

“Hmm but it is, if this girl is not Jessica Jung but just an imposter than not only will everyone hate her for lying but Yuri will leave her side and come to me.” Hyuna smirked.

 

“HAHAHAHA Yah Hyuna are you an author? Wow you should write a novel.” I laughed in her face, and walked away. Ignoring her yelling after me.

 

, how did Hyuna get this information....

 

~End Flashback~

 

“So until when will you just go around hiding behind a mask?” I asked her, but she just stayed still.

 

“That's why I will help you.” I said and she looked up at me, “So you can live as Jessica Jung.”

 

After our short conversation, Jessica and I took a bus back, but she didn't want to come to class with me. I understood, and let her go.

 

During the rest of the day at school I felt Yuri's eyes watching my every move. By the end of the day she finally confronted me.

 

“Yah Im Yoona, where were you?” She asked me.

 

“Why? Worried about me?” I smirked.

 

“Yeah very worried, so behave.” She sarcastically replied before walking away.

 

Sooyeon's POV

 

I didn't go back to class with Yoona because I really needed to think. I stayed with mom for a bit and we headed home together. In my room, I saw Yuri's medal that she gave to me, thinking that I'm my unnie. I remember that Yuri and I haven't spoken to each other ever since we fought the other day...and I have to admit that I do miss her.

 

The next day, I got up early for my morning bike ride. I saw Yuri running again, but she just ran past me. I biked after her but the chain on my bike broke...

 

“YAH KWON YURI!” I yelled out

 

“HOW CAN YOU JUST TURN YOUR BACK AT ME LIKE THAT! MY BIKE CHIAN FELL OFF!” I kept yelling, but she just ignored me still.

 

“I CAN'T GO TO YOU, SO CAN'T YOU COME TO ME?” I cried, tears starting to well up in my eyes, and Yuri finally turned around.

 

“Aish, this girl. Why are you crying because your bike?” She scolded me. I smiled up at her, glad that we were finally talking again.

 

“Look Jess, I know that we haven't been talking but just remember that you can tell me anything okay?” Yuri says while she fixed the chain on my bike.

 

After Yuri and I finished our morning exercise, I went home to get ready for class. Thinking back to what Yoona told me the other day, I finally understand what I need to do.

 

“Time to be more confident and brave Sooyeon-ah.” I told myself before walking out the door.

 

When I got to class, Yoon and I made eye-contact. She noticed that change in me and gave me a knowing smile.

 

“Hey Jessi good morning!” Tiffany happily greeted me.

 

“Morning Tiff.” I smiled.

 

“Hmm there's something different about you today?” Taeyeon said.

 

“It's the hair.” Hyoyeon smiled, while pointing to my new hairstyle. I curled it for once.

 

When Yuri arrived to class, she playfully played with my hair before taking her seat. During lunch, Hyuna cornered me once again.

 

“Hey Jung, I want to ask you something.”

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Who are you really?” she asked me.

 

“Me? I'm Jessica Jung.” I smirked.

 

“I don't think so. I know that you are NOT Jessica. And I wonder what Yuri and the others will think when she finds out.”

“Well then Hyuna why don't you go ahead and try, because I am Jessica Jung.” I am emphasized before brushing past her, smirking in victory.

 

Wondering around the school, I spot Yoona laying down in her usual spot.

 

“What are you doing?” I ask her.

 

“Me? I'm photosynthesizing.” She responds, her eyes still closed, but after a while she opens them and sits up.

 

“Hey, why is your face like that?” She asks me?

 

“Im Yoona, there is someone I don't want to reveal my secrets to, and someone who I want to tell everything. But if they are the same person, what should I do?” I ask her.

 

Yoona's POV

 

When she told me about that person, I already know who she is talking about it.

 

~flashback~

 

“Yah! Im Yoona, don't trouble Jessica. Don't cause any accidents or hurt her, either.” Yuri threatened me.

 

~end flashback~

 

“Just don't do anything.” I responded, getting up and walking away from her.

 

Sooyeon's POV

 

Later that night, I texted Yuri.

 

Where are you? -Jessica

 

Me? I'm about to leave the gym, why? - Yuri

Okay, wait for me. I just wanted to see you. - Jessica

 

Yuri and I went to a restaurant that she says we went to a lot before. While eating, she picks the cucumbers from my plate.

 

“You shouldn't be so picky.” I told her.

 

“Yah, I've been doing this for you ever since because you hate cucumbers. You even hate the smell.” She explains.

 

After dinner, Yuri and I head over to the park near my house, there's a pond there and she begins to skip rocks.

 

“Hey Yuri, are we still good friends even though I'm so different from the Jessica of the past?” I ask her.

 

“Hmm I'll let you know after I see how you do.” she jokes and I pouted.

 

“haha I'm just kidding, but honestly, sometimes I like the Jessica now better.” She sincerely says.

 

“Yah, want to try?” Yuri says and hands me a rock.

 

“Sure.” I smile and grab the rock from her.

 

“Oh, where did you get that?” she asks noticing the scar on my hand.

 

“This? I got it when I was 10, I fell off my bike when I first started to learn.” I explain.

 

“What? But I taught you how to ride a bike in middle school.” Yuri looks at me, but she gave me this weird look.

 

Dammit, why did I let that slip. Quickly, I got up and tried to walk away but Yuri held me back.

 

“You, your Jessica Jung right?” she asks while holding onto my shoulders and looking me straight into my eyes. I tried to avoid eye-contact but I just couldn't avoid her gaze. A lump grew in my throat and I couldn't swallow it down.

 

“Jessica...Jess, you're Jessica Jung right?” She asks again. Having no other choice I decide that it's time to tell Yuri the truth.

 

“Yuri-ah..” I begin.

 

“Hahaha what am I saying...your just so different lately that it's making me think weird things. I'm sorry.” She interrupts me.

 

“Yuri....I..” I try again.

 

“Jeez I think that the night air is getting to you, c'mon let's get you home.” She gives me an awkward smile before leading the way back.

 

When I got home, mom was still awake and she greeted.

 

“Welcome home Sooyeon.” She smiles. Mom is the only person that calls me by that name when in private.

 

“Hi mom.” I smiled and hugged her.

 

“Oh, is there something bothering you?” She asks me, I shook my head no. But she gave me this motherly look of hers.

 

“Sooyeon-ah are you happy?”

 

“Mhm, I am. I have good friends and a good school, but I'm worried that I'm just hurting people by pretending.” I forced a smile to hide my emotions.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, I'm very happy that your here. To others you may be pretending but to me your not your unnie but Sooyeon. Jung Sooyeon. So if things get to hard for you here, we can always transfer and start anew.” Mom smiled.

 

“Okay.” I smiled, feeling some of the weight on my shoulders leave.

 

The next morning when I arrived at school, I saw Yuri already there.

 

“Uhm Hey, good morning.” she smiled.

 

“Good morning.” I replied, and soon it was just quiet. And it wasn't the normal quiet, but an awkward silence.

 

“Erm so you didn't show up for our morning exercise today.” She broke the silence between us.

 

“Oh I fell asleep. Sorry.” I lied.

 

“Okay but make sure to come out tomorrow. It's lonely running by myself.” She looked a tme with those eyes of hers.

 

“Mhm.” I nodded my head.

 

“After practice, do you want to watch a movie?” She asks me.

 

Yoona's POV

 

“Yoona-shi it's time to leave for school.” My driver tells me as I walk out of the house.

 

“Ah it's okay ahjussi, I'll just take the bus.” I smiled, before rushing to the bus stop. If I'm late I might not see her before she reaches the classroom.

 

When I got off the bus stop at school I overheard Yuri asking Jessica errr I mean Sooyeon out for a movie.

 

“A movie? That sounds fun. What do you want to see?” I ask her, and her eyes widen to see me. I give her a reassuring smile, before turning my attention to Yuri to give her a teasing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter