chapter 3

School 2015
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I walked into my home, I was glad that mom wasn't home yet. I entered my room...err I guess Jessica's, my sister's, room and I just walked around the area. This place that I thought was mine, actually isn't. Looking around the room, I found her diary. I opened it up and I saw baby pictures of her and of me, and recent photos of me. I read the caption on the last photo: Sooyeon-ah~ unnie is coming to see you, I hope you'll be happy to see me when I come to meet you^^.

 

So Jessica is my older twin. I...I never knew. Finding out the truth, I kept looking around unnie's room. Under her bed I pulled out a box. I opened the box and saw letters addressed to me. I opened the letters and each and every letter were signed maomao unnie.

 

Flashbacks of the past gifts that maomao unnie gave me flooded my head. Now that I know who maomao unnie is, I wonder why she isn't here right now.

 

Unnie...where are you...

 

making up my mind, I decide to go back to where this all started.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Getting up early, I walked around my room and the rest of the home one more time. Leaving my phone behind and a letter explaining everything to mom, I walked out the door.

 

Unnie, I will find you.

 

I was walking towards the bus stop when I suddenly saw Yuri.

 

“Hey Jess good morning.” she smiled.

 

“Hi Yuri, what's up.” I forced a smile.

 

“Nothing much just heading to class you?”

 

“Ahh yeah same duh.” I monotonously said. Good thing I wore my uniform.

 

“Jeez, I thought that the mean Jessica was gone for good. Guess not.” Yuri teased me. I controlled the frown on my face, and playfully hit Yuri with my elbow.

 

“Ah that hurt.” Yuri pouted.

 

“Trying to act cute.” I shook my head before walking away.

 

“Hey Jess wait up!” Yuri yelled out.

 

“I can't.” I yelled back.

 

“Why?” Yuri asked when she finally caught up to me.

 

“Hey Yul, I have to stop by somewhere first before class. So you go ahead okay?” I looked up at her.

 

“Ah...okay?”

 

“Okay, I'll see you later then.” I smiled and held my hand out for a handshake.

 

“Uhm okay..” Yuri looked at me weirdly but still shook my hand.

 

Goodbye Yuri-ah...

 

I arrived at the bus stop just as the bus was pulling in. I got on and smiled that no one else from school was there. I got off the bus when it got close to the airport. I went to the bathroom to change out of my uniform. The flight to Jeju was quiet and I was glad. When I landed, I smiled to myself feeling great to be home again. I put a mask on my face to hide my identity and wore a cap as well.

 

I walked to my old school and saw Sunny leaving the high school...how badly did I want to run and hug her. She's my best friend....

 

I kept walking and I arrived at the orphanage. I saw Auntie Lee playing with the younger kids. I smiled, they seem to be doing well.

 

After I finished reminiscing, I finally began my mission.

 

I arrived at the hospital and asked one of the nurses if a Jung Sooyeon was admitted in the hospital. They said that they can't tell me because of patient confidentiality. I thanked them and headed to the police station next. I asked one of the officers about the hit and run I was involved in and they said that here were no other girl there. Just the one that was hit.

 

I spent the entire day trying to find answers, but got nothing...I decided that it was time to go back to my real life, my life as Jung Sooyeon. I mean, there's no point in staying as my sister any longer, and I don't even know where to begin to look for her. I'm sure that unnie had a good reason as to why she disappeared like that...

 

I arrived at the orphanage and was shocked to see my...er I mean unnie's adopted mom there with auntie Lee.

 

“Sooyeon-ah” “Jessica!” Auntie Lee and Unnie's mom both said at the same time.

 

“Auntie Lee...Mrs. Jung.” I greeted them

 

“Aigoo our Sooyeon-ah~~” Auntie Lee hugged me tight.

 

“I missed you auntie lee.” I hugged her back.

 

After Auntie Lee and I reunited the kids came running our and hugging me. Apparently Mrs. Jung explained everything to them and showed Auntie Lee the letter I left for her.

 

“Are you really going to stay here?” Mrs. Jung asked as I walked her to the taxi that was waiting to take her to the airport.

 

“Mhm, I don't think that I can pretend to be unnie, especially now that we don't know where she is. But I promise that I will do everything I can to try and find any clues that will hint to where she might have gone.”

 

“Ah I see...I appreciate your help Jes...I mean Sooyeon.” Mrs. Jung smiled. I hugged Mrs. Jung one last time and started making my way back to the house. As I reached the front porch, I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

 

“Can't you stay as my Jessi for just a bit longer?” Mrs. Jung cried.

 

“I-I-I...”

 

“..please..”

 

“I..uhm..Okay.” I agreed...what else can I say...

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we got back to our home in Seoul, mom says that she will start processing the adoption papers right away as well as getting my identity back, though it might take a while... this means that I have to pretend to be my unnie until then.

 

The following morning as I was taking the bus to school I started to get weird texts from Yuri.

 

Yah, why did you skip class yesterday? Are you really Jessica Jung? - Yuri

 

No Yuri-ah I'm not.....

 

I just didn't feel like going.-Jess

I replied, not wanting to finish the conversation any longer.

 

I see...But your coming today right? -Yuri

Hmmm....maybe hehehe -Jess

 

Yuri and I kept texting back and forth until the bus finally arrived in front of the school. Walking out of the bus, I was shocked when someone suddenly tapped my shoulder.

 

“Omo you shocked me.” I pouted, while Yuri was laughing her off.

 

“Hahaha you should have seen your face Jess hahaha.”

 

“Wait! Were you on the bus the entire time? Why did you keep texting me?” I asked her.

“Always so slow Jess.” Yuri replied before running off.

 

While sitting in class I my head suddenly started to hurt.

“Hey Jessi are you okay?” Tiffany worriedly asked while placing her palm on my forehead.

 

“I'm okay Tiff, just a slight headache.”

 

“I don't think it's just a simple headache Jess, your looking pale.” Taeyeon pipped in.

 

“Why don't you head to the infirmary, I'll let Teacher Kim know.” Hyoyeon said, while ushering
me to get up and go.

 

“Okay okay.” I agreed.

 

I took the empty bed in the infirmary. I tried to close my eyes and sleep but all I can think about is how I'm suppose to keep pretending to be unnie....I mean sooner or later people will know the truth...and I'm sure they'll be sad when they find out that I've been deceiving them.

 

“You've been staring at nothing for awhile now, mind sharing?” I familiar voice suddenly said.

 

“Yoona? What are you doing here?” I asked her.

 

“Me? I'm sick duh.” She replied while giving me a fake sick face, then turning her attention back on her phone.

 

“What's with the face?” I ask her, in the time I've seen Yoona, not once have I seen her frown like how she is right now.

 

“Huh?” Yoona turned to look at me.

 

“It's just I don't know, I've never seen you with a frown before that's why..I guess since we didn't really talk much in the past, I don't really know about you huh, same goes for me..It's kind of nice when I think about it.” I blabbed.

 

“Jessica Jung, you're being really weird right now you know that.” Yoona slightly chuckled.

“Hey Yoona.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Don't believe anything I tell you, I'm a liar.” I confess, while Yoona looks at me weirdly.

 

“My name is Jung Sooyeon, not Jessica Jung.” I confess.

 

“You've really gone crazy, but do you know this person?” She asks while showing me a photo of the famous singer Im Seulong.

 

“Yeah of course.”

 

“Well he's my dad.”

 

“Really?” I looked at her.

 

“Nope! It's a lie.” Yoona chuckled, but her eyes looked sad.

 

“Ahhh~ I think I'm better now, I'll see you in class Jessica.” Yoona says before getting up and leaving me alone in the infirmary.

 

I stayed in the infirmary for a few more minutes before getting up. Throughout the day I noticed that Yoona has been down.

 

“Yah yah did you guys hear! Im Seulong is getting married tomorrow!” Someone yelled out in class, while we were all getting ready to leave.

 

“Wait wasn't he married to chairman Im?”

 

“Yup, but it's the reason why our gym is as...”

 

“WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!” Yoona suddenly yelled before running out of the classroom.

 

After Yoona ran out, the class was speechless for a bit.

 

“Hey Jess are you busy later?” Yuri suddenly asked me.

 

“Huh? No, why?” I ask.

 

“I was just wondering if your busy later tonight.”

 

“Not really why what's up?” I asked, feeling excited all of a sudden.

 

“You'll find out later.” Yuri winked before walking out of the classroom, leaving me with all the teasing for the others.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At about 7 at night I started to crave ice cream.

 

“Mom I'm going to go buy some ice cream at the convenience store want any?”

 

“Nope I'm fine dear, just don't stay out too late okay”

 

“Yes mom!” I smiled before rushing out.

 

Walking back home from the convenience store with a bag filled with ice cream in my hand, I got a text from Yuri.

 

Meet me at the bridge near your house. -Yuri

 

I replied okay, and kept walking. I had to pass by the bridge to get home from the convenience store anyways. When I reached the convenience store I was surprised to see Yoona riding a long board looking super sad. She looked up and our eyes met.

 

“Hey are you okay?” I asked her.

 

“I'm fine.” She replied.

 

“Then why did..”

 

“It doesn't matter, just forget about it.” She interrupted me

 

“Look I know..”

 

“Jessica please...I just really need to be alone right now...”

 

“Okay I got it.” I replied before walking away, I was almost at the end of the bridge when Yoona suddenly yelled out to me.

 

“YAH! YOU REALLY DON'T GET PEOPLE'S WORDS DO YOU!” she yelled.

 

“What?!” I asked her, while she rode her long board to me.

 

“When I said I wanted to be alone, it means that...”

 

“I know you don't have to explain anymore.” I smiled at her.

 

“So, do you know how to ride this?” she asked me.

 

“Nope, will you teach me?” I asked her.

 

“Hmm only if you give me that ice cream cone.” She said while grabbing the plastic bag from my hand.

 

“Dork.” I smiled.

 

Yoona and I were having a lot of fun together, that I didn't even notice my phone going off.

 

When I got home, I was surprised to see a swimming medal on my front door. I grabbed the medal and I knew who it was from right away.

 

“Hey were you asleep did I wake you?” I called Yuri.

 

“Nope you didn't, why'd you call?” she asked.

 

“Are you mad? I'm sorry I didn't show up to meet with you..something came up. But I saw your gift”

 

“It's okay...Do you r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter