Love in NYC...

Haesica in SM Town NY (oneshot)

SM family had already arrived to New York and they were all in the hotel. The managers had given them the night off because the concert was going to be held the next night. They were all really excited and some of them decided to hang out.

Donghae walked down the stairs, really well dressed. He was going to go out with Henry and Shindong as they had planned before. When he was already in the lobby, his eyes stopped in someone who was there waiting too.

She looked really pretty with her brownish hair falling to her shoulders. He was mesmerized with her beauty. He approached to her and sat next to her. He was really nervous because he felt like he hadn’t talked to her in lot of time.

“Hi Jessica” he said flashing a cute smile and she smiled back

“Hi oppa” she said

“Are you going out tonight?” he asked her and she nodded.

“Oh” he said a little bit disappointed or maybe jealous

“I’m hanging out with some friends” she said and he smiled now more relieved “What about you?”

“I’m going out for a walk with Henry and Shindong hyung” he said “But if they take any longer, I’m going to ditch them”

Donghae joked and Jessica laughed. In that moment, Henry appeared in the lobby and smiled at them.

“Did I interrupt something?” he asked with a playful smirk and they blushed

“Aniyo” they both replied nervously and Henry chuckled. He liked to tease Hae a lot. The three of them started chatting comfortably until Shindong came down.

“Hi guys and Sica” he said and smiled at them.  Just then, Jessica received a text message and stood up.

“I think I should get going” she said “Bye guys, have fun”

“Bye” Donghae said but he didn’t want to say goodbye. “Take care, ok?”

She smiled at him and nodded. After that, she walked out of the hotel and Donghae sighed. Shindong and Henry exchanged glances and then laughed.

“Someone is in love” Henry teased and he blushed

“YAH! I’m not!” he said “I’m just worried”

“Hae, I think you should confess” Shindong said and that made Donghae blush even more

“We are not that close anymore” he said a little bit down “Since…”

“SM told you not to interact so much” Shindong finished his sentence and Donghae nodded feeling a little bit sad. In the past, they were really close friends and they interacted a lot but after they were rumored to be dating, SM told them to stay from each other. At least until the rumors stopped.  

Now, after two years, the rumors had already stopped but since they kept the distance between each other, they are not close anymore.

“Besides… all those rumors of her, dating Taecyeon…”

“They are just rumors” Henry said giving him a reassuring smile “You should at least ask her personally”

“Yeah dude” Shindong said patting his back “What are you doing here with us? Just ask her out and talk, at least be friends again!”

“I think you are right” he said smiling with some hope “I’m going to call her”

……………………………

Jessica was walking around the street with her New York friends remembering her all memories when her phone suddenly rang. She excused herself and answered.

“Yeoboseyo?” she answered

“Sica?” he asked nervously and she was surprised. Her heart started racing faster when she heard his voice.

“Donghae?” she asked

“Hi again” he said nervously “I wanted to talk to you, would you like to hang out with me? That’s just if your friends don’t mind”

“Hum” she said looking at them. A part of her wanted to go with Hae but she didn’t want to leave her friends.

“Is it Donghae as in Lee Donghae of Super Junior?” one of her friends asked excited

“Of course duh!” her other friend said “Who else would it be?”

“You should totally go out with him!” they said

Her two friends started giggling and spazzing about Haesica. Jessica just rolled her eyes remembering her friends were “Haesica shippers”

“Are you still there?” he asked

“Yes” she said coming back to reality “Where do you want me to meet you?”

Donghae smiled and jumped like a 5 year old kid.

“Meet me at ……………………….” He said and she agreed.

……………………..

Donghae was really nervous and excited at the same time. He decided to go and buy some flowers for her, hoping she would like them. He was so anxious that he kept on looking on his phone to see the time and also checking if there were no messages of her cancelling the meeting.

He waited for about 10 minutes when he suddenly felt someone tapping his shoulder. He turned around startled and smiled when he saw her.

“Hi Sica” he said rubbing his neck and hiding the flowers on his back

“Hi” she said nervous as well

“Hum these are for you” he said giving her the flowers. She gasped surprised and then then smiled brightly.

“Thank you” she said “These are beautiful”

“Just like you” he mumbled

“What did you say?” she asked surprised and he turned away blushed

“Nothing” he said “Shall we go for a walk?”

“Sure” she said and smiled at him

While they were walking, there was an awkward silence. Donghae was trying to find the appropriate words to start a conversation while Jessica was just staring at the beautiful city.

“How have you been lately?” he suddenly asked “We haven’t talked in while”

“I know” she said a little bit sad too “I missed talking to you”

“Me too” he said smiling sincerely “I want us to be friends again. Like we used to be”

“I want that too” she said happy to hear that

“So… I heard that you were dating Taecyeon” he said suddenly “Are those rumors true?”

Donghae pretended to be uninterested and Jessica just giggled.

“Don’t believe in everything that you see on the internet” she said and he sighed relieved “Taecyeon and I are only close friends. You know I don’t have many English speaking friends in Korea apart from Tiffany. That’s why I hang out with him a few times. But just like friends”

“I see” he said

“Why are you asking?” she asked him and he blushed

“Just curiosity” he said

“Ok” she said a little bit disappointed and walked ahead. Donghae scolded himself for not being brave enough to tell her. They continued walking and suddenly he grabbed her wrist. She turned around startled.

“Actually it was not just curiosity” he said and her heart started beating faster again “I… was jealous”

Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard him say that. Was she dreaming? The guy she had always liked had told her he was jealous.

“What kind of jealousy?” she asked nervously

“The one that a guy feels when he sees the girl he likes hanging out with other guys” he said and she was really shocked. She couldn’t believe that he was confessing.

“Are you just joking?” she asked

“Of course not” he said “I like Sica and I really mean it”

Jessica smiled brightly. She felt so happy that her heart was about to explode. Donghae smiled back at her and pulled her into an embrace. She was shocked with the sudden action but she hugged him back and rested her head in his chest. She missed being with him like that. God knew how much she had missed him.

“I like you too” she said shyly and his smiled widened. He raised her chin and looked at her directly into her eyes before planting a sweet kiss on her lips. The time seemed to stop when their lips met.

“Do you want to be my girl?” he asked her when they pulled away

“I’d love to” she said with a bright smile “But… aren’t you afraid of what SM might say?”

“They are going to be ok with it as long as we keep it secret” he said caressing her hair gently

“So that means that we have to stay away from each other when we are in public” she said and sighed. Donghae laughed at her cuteness

“That doesn’t mean we have to be complete stangers” he said “There are no more rumors about us. I think we can let people see us as friends again”

“That’s better than nothing” she said smiling and kissed him again

……………………………………….

The next night, the concert was perfect. The fans were cheering for them and they were all happy and excited. When the concert was ending, all SM family gathered on the stage and waved at the fans saying goodbye to them.

Donghae was filming everyone with his camera. He passed by the Jung sisters and  to film them.  Jessica flashed a cute smile to him and waved. He was going to rewatch that just to see her cute smile.

When they were going to hold hands to vow at the end, Eunhyuk stood between them and didn’t let them hold hands. In that moment, they wanted to kill him but it was for the best. They didn’t need to rush anything. Little by little they were going to show them that they were back ...