17/?

Rekindle | The Underdogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night before Yixing and Yifan’s flight back to Seoul, they took the old couple to dancing. If Yixing’s grandfather was a music king then his grandmother is a dancing queen. The little Zhang would always hear stories of how the two met and fell in love with each other in a bar where his grandfather would play the piano and his grandmother would go dancing with his friends.

Little did Yifan know, that he was going to be put through the grueling task of coordinating his limbs in a graceful manner. Yixing, on the other hand, didn’t seem to have difficulties following his partner’s movements. The older would even dare say his movements are so fluid, the water would be embarrassed.

When they were given a chance to take a break, Yifan fell into step with Yixing and whispered: “God, Yixing, is there anything you can’t do?”

“Well, I can’t fall in love with a girl.” Yixing winked at him for the first time; definitely in the mood to be playful.

Yixing’s partner suddenly had to leave due to an emergency and no one can take her place. His grandfather sat down on the sidelines and let Yixing dance with his grandmother.

They ended the night with a blast by eating out care of Yifan because he insisted and the Zhangs didn’t really have an option when the young man sneakily paid for their bill ahead of them.

 

“I don’t wanna go home yet.” Yixing whispers to the ceiling once they’re in bed. Compared to the first day of their vacation, they’re lying so close to each other now that Yifan can probably count how many eyelashes the younger has.

“Me too.” Yifan whispers back with a sleepy voice, almost slurring as his eyes start to give up on him.

“Sleep, Fan. I know you’re tired.” Yixing reaches out and playfully covers Yifan’s eyes before lightly touching his palm to the other’s eyelids to close them. Yifan doesn’t protest and seconds after he’s snoring away to dreamland.

“Good night.” The younger whispered as he watched Yifan closely before turning in as well.

 

 

Yixing hates saying good bye; that is partly the reason why he never said a word to Yifan when he stopped being friends with him. He’s not good at it. Whenever his grandparents would visit them when he was younger, he wouldn’t say good bye to them when they had to go home; he locks himself up until they’ve left. This allows him to have the illusion that they were never there and he never had to say good bye.

However, this time he can’t do that because he’s the one leaving.

Once they reach the airport, he moves fast to get their luggage and do not linger too long. He gave quick kisses and hugs to his grandparents without giving them much time to say anything but for them to have a safe flight. Yifan stayed a little longer to say his thanks for the Zhangs’ hospitality. When he caught up with Yixing, he asked why he was in such a hurry.

“I thought you didn’t want to leave yet.” He added when he didn’t get a response from Yixing who’s already in line to check-in.

“If I hold them any tighter, I’m afraid I will never be able to let go.” After that, Yifan didn’t push for him to answer any more questions and quietly followed him and entertained him in whatever way he could.

 

~*~

 

Yixing immersed himself in practicing right when they got back from Changsha. Thankfully, their doors were open for anybody to watch the practice. Yifan decides to tag along when he heard the other boys were coming too because he’s getting bored just playing video games with Chanyeol.

He stopped by Yixing’s favorite shop to buy him some sweet potato sticks for when he takes a break. He also buys him his favorite juice before heading to the hall where they’ve been practicing. Fortunately, when he got there they were already on break so he didn’t really cause any disturbance.

He handed Yixing the food he brought which immediately made the younger smile wide because of the sweet thought. Yixing fed him as well while they sat side by side before the conductor called Yixing over to practice some parts.

"You like him, don't you?" Taehyun startles Yifan from silently watching Yixing play his instrument. He sounded serious, unlike Chanyeol who seems to be just fooling around with him every minute of his life.

"Yixing hyung, I mean." The concertmaster added, eyes falling to the dimpled boy seated on the bench of the piano. Although, Yifan thought, he didn't have to elaborate.

"How can you say that?" He tries to act cool by drinking his juice and trying not to choke on it at the same time.

"Because you look at him the same way Seungyoon looks at Jinwoo hyung. Full of," Taehyun stops and for a moment Yifan realizes that the younger was caught up in the moment with his eyes, that so rarely shows any kind of emotion, sparkles in the faintest, "love."

"What if I like him just as a friend?" Yifan asks but both of their eyes are still on Yixing. The other doesn't even notice he's being watched like a prey for a while now because he himself is lost in his own world.

"No friend looks at their friend like that." Taehyun his head to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter