two//eleven years ago

Illuminate [Kai x OC]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Hey~ So, Joo Eun's her name, right? Joo Eun which is 조오은 in Hangul, means 'silver pearl'. It's a note xD And thanks so much for the subscribers ^_^ It was a great birthday present hahaha)

 

If it shouldn't have happened, she shouldn't have stepped into his life in the first place. If it shouldn't have been dared to be, fate shouldn't have been so cruel to make them cross paths, but in the end defy their gaps into the separation of different worlds.

  Yet, somehow he knew fate wasn't the one to be blamed. He needed a reason, but he has known, for the longest time, it was them who tried to break it's rules to their own accord. For the sake of feeling something for once; only for the sake of the promise they've once told, eleven years ago.

A promise they swore to keep.

"I'll be there, okay?"


  He felt the rough surface of the roof's very edges, and the wind touching from behind, wanting to push him down.

It never occured to him that he'd hesitate. There was a chance right in front of him, one step away. A chance to sink down to the ground, and pull away from his life that seemed to be designed so unfairly. But right now, he's clenching his hands, biting down on his jaw, wanting desparately to live once more. Then again, it wasn't actually his choice.

Life had made it so that dying would be the only option presentable. Death was an unmistakable alternative, creeping up from below, ready to choke his throat. And maybe, just maybe, he was in on the plan too.

Jongin did not choose. He was driven to the point that he had to pick. His life was too full of faults that gripped down to his heart for far too long. However, there was still a small chance to be saved.

He waited for one more second. He mustered all the courage he had left to form one last second.

"Hey." And there she was.

Wet drops started to slide down from his cheeks to his chin. The rain was starting again. The thought of slipping didn't cross his mind, and he only turned his back to stare at what seemed to be his last chance.

"Hey," She said once again, louder, trying to beat the rain's downpour. Visible smoke formed from her breath, and visble veins forming from her wrists as she dug her nails in deeper in her own palms.

  "I know God's fickle. I know, you know, people all know that God is just- ...most definitely unfair." Her voice shook, and so did her shoulders. Tears were b from her red eyes, perfectly disguising it as a drop amidst the rain. A camouflage.

"He's unjust," She glared down. She tried to hide her face, and so did he.

Jongin felt like he was stepping on paper. The ground was about to rip with one more step, so he wanted to move back. Towards the girl that reprimanded him from exploding, and he'd grasp onto her like she'd be about to disperse at any moment.

"but he's the man we call 'God'. A man great enough to bestow life. He wouldn't give you such a chance to end it like this."

He didn't want to slip through it's cracks, so he had to hold on. When he had her in his grasp, his arms around her quivering shoulders, it was electrifying enough for both of them to feel each other's burning tears.

  "There's a reason that you're here, and I'll find it for you. With you. So stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter