one//impossible or possible

Illuminate [Kai x OC]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stared down at her phone that displayed a text she expected to recieve sooner or later.

From: Kyung In
To: Joo Eun

   Neither of us wanted this. I'm sorry, Joo.

And it was laughable. With proper capitalizations, with 'Joo' instead of 'Joo-ge', Kyung made it seem so easy to brush off a break-up text in a way strangers would. If they had put the weight on each other's shoulders, if the pain was properly distributed that way and they had just exploded into a mush of anger, that would have been better.

  But just as carefully and properly done, it was a closure that had pushed against only on her heart, leaving her to deal with all of it — alone.

Joo Eun reached to another shot of wine. She wanted whiskey, but this was all that was left in the alcohol boxes. Whiskey made everything better, while wine just lets you think about it more. It lets you get sleepy like a drug, but instead of dreams you get nightmares. Red wine is a drink from hell, wishing you all the bad. And she gulped it all in one shot, thinking that if she drinks the right amount, it would devour her.

"Jongin," she whispered to the man whose been standing there all along, only keeping his head bowed down without another word.

"are you okay?" she sighed, feeling the twinge in after she gulped it down.

"I am, Agassi." Calm. Soothing. Breathing, and living - Jongin was always there quietly, and she was grateful for that.

"Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter