Xiuhan or Lumin

Xiuhan or Lumin

“I can’t calm down.” Luhan said, rubbing his knees nervously. “I can feel it. It’s worse this time. Would you please tell my mom I love her if anything ever happened to me?”

Minseok took Luhan’s hand. “Of course Luhan. Whatever for you.”

Luhan’s breathing was increasing that Minseok and people from all ten rows in front of them could hear him. “Are you sure this plane is not going to crash?”

Minseok squeezed Luhan’s hand and nodded. “Pretty sure it isn’t.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Mmmm.”

Luhan eyed Minseok from the corner of his eyes, annoyed that Minseok wasn’t focusing on him. “What are you reading?”

Minseok snickered. “You do not want to know.”               

Luhan cringed knowingly. “Are you reading fanfics again?”

“Do you know how creative our fans are? In this story I am deeply in love with you but I just couldn’t figure it out. Said that I am too clueless because we are always together.”

Luhan let go of Minseok’s hand at the mere thought of them being a real couple in the real life. “Stop it.”

Minseok turned to look at Luhan, he was no longer green. “You are so red they might actually be wrong. You are the one in love with me.”

“No, I'm not"

“Yes, you are.”

Luhan’s eyes went wide when turbulence rocked the plane. “We are going to die.” He whispered furiously only for Minseok to hear, mindful not to create panic in the plane.

Minseok smiled. “We are not going to die, not until you tell me how much you love me.”

“What did it say in the story again? Wasn’t it you, the one who couldn’t figure out your own feeling?”

“Oh I know what I feel. Do you?”

“You are my friend. My dear friend.”

“And…”

Luhan squeezed his eyes shut, exasperated. “And I am tempted to change seats with Tao. Lay will know how not to bother me.”

“He doesn’t know how to calm you down.” Minseok reminded.

Luhan silently agreed. “But you are not helping right now.”

Minseok patted Luhan’s knee. “I’m sorry. This story is so good. Want me to read it to you? It will distract you.”

“No, thank you!” Luhan’s hands flew to cover his ears. “I’ve read enough.”

Minsoek laughed because Luhan was already distracted from his fear. He also laughed because the last time they read a fanfic together Luhan ended up not talking to him for good two days. “It really is good.”

“Did they make us fight each other again?”

“They always make us fight each other.”

“And for dumb reasons.” Luhan shook his head. "We never fight. Argue more like it."

Minseok arched his eyebrow. “They think it’s cute. Us. Fighting each other.”

“I like when I was made an assassin and I was assigned to kill you.”

“But I was just so lovable you couldn’t resist me.” Minseok grinned, remembering that one fic Chanyeol forced them to read because to him, it was a masterpiece. However, Minseok knew better. Chanyeol only made them read it because the fan made him the cool character in the story.

“I saw you and I fell in love. I love how they always made it so easy for me to love you.” Luhan said all smiling. Then he realized he was actually smiling over a fic and the smile quickly turned into a frown. “Why are we even talking about this?”

“Because I like talking about it. I just don’t like the fact that I’m the soft one in here.” Minseok tapped on his screen.

Luhan grinned. “There is nothing wrong with the picture.”

Minseok scoffed. “You are the soft one between us.”

“I am not. I am actually the manlier one. Tell me, are you bottom in this fic? Again?”

Minseok’s jaw dropped.

Luhan reached out for Minseok’s chin and closed his mouth. “Admit it, the fans see you as the soft one.”

“Yeah, because they couldn’t see you crying every time we fly!” Minseok pointed out. He had always hated the fact almost every fic he read, he was made bottom.

“I am afraid of heights! Planes crash, Minseok!” Luhan hissed. He then gave Minseok his dumb smile knowing how to irate Minseok more. “At least I am not afraid of cockroaches.”

“Everyone is afraid of cockroaches! Apparently they can fly!” Minseok’s hands too, were flying dramatically as he said so.

“You rile up so easily… like a girl.”

Minseok narrowed his eyes on his best friend. “Because I hate being called a girl!”

“I didn’t say you are a girl. I just said you are soft like one.” Luhan shrugged. “There is nothing wrong with being the soft one. I don’t get why you are so offended.”

Minseok groaned. “Because you are the one who cries easily.”

“Men can cry. Men have feelings.”

“Not as easily as you. You cry when it snows.”

Luhan got immediately defensive. “You are being mean. You know when my dog died, it was snowing. I cried because I missed her.”

“Oh, explain why you cried when we go to the beach? You always cry when we go to the beach.”

“Because beaches are so pretty! I admire God’s artworks!” Before he knew it, words had already flown out of his mouth betraying him, only to prove that Minseok was right.

“Hah! Softy!”

Luhan rolled his eyes and turned away from Minseok. “Just tell me what happens in the story.”

Minseok made a face before he focused back on his phone. “We are still fighting.”

“We don’t really fight that much.” Luhan commented.

“No, we don’t.” Minseok agreed. “And we are still at a coffee shop.”

“Why are we always at the coffee shop?” Luhan inquired as he peered at Minseok’s phone.

“Maybe because I like coffee.”

Luhan nodded. “Point.”

Minseok continued giving Luhan a summary of some parts of the story he had read before Luhan interrupted him with his fear of plane crash. “Actually, in this story, you are the rich one and I am the barista. You always come back to get some coffee and make damn sure I am the one who serves you and we become close friends. You are always around.”

“You love coffee. I gotta admit that. You’d marry a coffee if it was a person… Regardless its gender.”  Luhan paused and added. “But you at making coffee. Like you really, really at it.”

“My dirty little secret.” Minseok winked at Luhan. “For the sake of this story, let’s pretend that I actually can.”

Luhan shrugged. “Okay.”

Minseok continued reading and summarized. “Yeah, of course you fall for my charm and take me home.”

“You are so easy.” Luhan said. “Why are you always so easy, Minseok?” He teased.

Minseok nudged Luhan’s side. “I am not easy.”

“You are.”

“So not.”

“Minseok, you gave your number to an interviewer once because you thought she was hitting on you.” Luhan reminded.

Minseok pushed his bottom lips out, thinking. “Yeah, she was hot. Can’t believe manager hyung made me change my number when he found out. I’m never going to see her again.”

“Pretty sure they will do everything it takes to keep her away from us the next time we go to China.”

They both sighed regretfully.

“Chinese women are beautiful.” Luhan added. “If I had a sister I would introduce you to her.”

“Thanks buddy.” Minseok patted Luhan on his shoulder. “You are one true friend.”

“Introduce her to Minseok hyung? So he can cheat on her?” Chen who just came back from the toilet said. He bent down and whispered. “I am sitting three rows behind you and what is this conversation about who tops and bottoms I am hearing?”

Minseok’s eyes widened while Luhan just smiled. Minseok wanted to explain but Chen was fast to stop him. “I don’t want to know if you are reading any fanfic again.”

“Sit down.” Luhan pulled Chen down on an empty seat beside him. The seat was supposed to be Lay’s but Lay chose to sit with Chanyeol and Tao. “We are reading this fanfic and Minseok is the easy one. Easy Min.”

Minseok kicked Luhan’s feet, making him winced in pain. “I am not easy. I am still trying to figure out my feeling?” He reminded Luhan.

“I am already bringing you to my house.” Luhan hissed while rubbing his feet. “Urghh…You are so violent!”

“Remember that!”

Chen stared at the couple dumbfounded. “You guys just can’t stop fighting, can you?"

"Argue" Luhan corrected,pointing a finger at Chen.

"Fight." Chen said,refused to be corrected. "I swear, you fight like a married couple."

Luhan’s eyes darted to Minseok’s. They looked at each other for a second and quickly focused back on the fic. Seemed like Chen and their fans agreed on a certain thing.

“Wow we had . I have with you because you say I am pretty. Pretty? Why can’t it be handsome of something?” Minseok said after five minutes of reading. He seemed so disappointed with his own character.

Luhan was resting his head on Minseok’s shoulder, also reading. He clasped his hands together. “Don’t make anyone pregnant. Don’t make anyone pregnant.”

Minseok grimaced. “It doesn’t have mpreg tag in it.”

“Check again. Check again. I can’t read it if I am pregnant.” Luhan urged Minseok while tugging on his sleeve.

"You are ing me how are you pregnant?" Minseok grumbled.

"We can always switch Minseok. You never know" Luhan said, horrified.

Minseok went back to the first page of the fic to check if there was any mpreg tag listed. He heaved a sigh when he didn’t find the much dreaded tag. “No mpreg tag.” He confirmed.

Luhan rubbed his chest. “It’s such a shame if I have to stop reading now. It’s just getting better.”

“Please don’t read it out loud.” Chen pleaded. He was turning green at the thought of s having with each other. “I will jump out of this plane I swear.”

Luhan and Minseok ignored him. Minseok went back to the last page they read.  “Of course there will be Oh Sehun.” Minseok said in total annoyance.

“Are you jealous?” Luhan asked, not teasing but he was actually asking about Minseok’s character in the story.

Both boys gasped when Sehun’s character punched Minseok in the face at their first meeting.

“!” Minseok sneered.

“I bet he is my .” Luhan giggled. “I like this. Am I a player? Cool!”

“Gay player.” Chen responded, shell-shocked at the older boys’ interest over the fic. 

“You are a player.” Minseok said, cofirming Luhan's theory.

“In real life, I am not.” Luhan answered. “I am the nicest of guy.”

“You two are ing retard.” Chen said.

“Language!” Both Minseok and Luhan warned but their eyes stayed fixed on the fic.

Minseok continued reading, up until the writer described Luhan’s features that made Minseok’s character fell for him. The reasons why his character refused to give him up. Luhan had sparkling eyes, pointed nose and long neck. Apparently everything Minseok found normal in Luhan was actually considered as attractive to the writer. Minseok side eyed Luhan who was very focused on the fic.

What the fans didn’t know was how soft Luhan’s skin was. Minseok was one of the lucky people who actually had the exclusive permission to touch Luhan. He smelled just as good as how the writer described him in the fic. The real life Luhan was also just as kind but not a player, never a player. He had his heart set on one girl and that fact had never changed. Even after all the fame.

“Sehun is so mean. This is so out of character.” Luhan said stirring Minseok back to reality.

“Sehun is the nicest kid.” Minseok agreed. “Just a spoiled bastard. You spoil him.”

“He is still so young and he needs us. I remember hoping I had a brother when I first came here.”

“You were alone in a country that isn’t China.”

“And Sehun’s family is so far away from him.” Luhan said. “I am not spoiling him. I’m just making sure he is happy.”

Minseok shook his head.

Luhan tapped on Minseok’s phone. “Look, they are making him the strong man in this story. What is the writer’s name?”

“What are you going to do?” Minseok asked, curios.

“I am going to create an account and tell her he is not as strong as they think he is. He can’t even do a push up. And I am not bottom when it comes to Hunhan!”

Minseok beamed. “You are so bottom in this fic.”

“No. Actually, I switched positions.” Luhan pinched Minseok’s nose, reminding him who tops between them.

Minseok swatted Luhan’s hand away from him. “Don’t even…”

“You guys are ing crazy.” A wide-eyed Chen said. He had been contemplating whether he should go back to his seat. “ing crazy. How do you discuss this like…like it’s normal?”

“It’s normal in some countries.” Luhan informed Chen before he turned back to Minseok. “The fans are actually right you know?”

“How is that?”

“You do look cute especially when you are mad.”

“Yep! That’s it. I am going to kill myself.” Chen declared as he stood up.

"Oh, don't go. You will break my heart." Luhan said, being dramatic. Chen just gave him a nasty look before he walked away to his seat.

“I am not cute!” Minseok hissed under his breath.

“You are so proud making cute faces each opportunity you get and now you want to deny that you are cute?” Luhan nudged Minseok. “It’s a compliment. There’s no need to be so offended. If I were a girl I would fall in love with you. Hell…if we weren’t the best of friends I would be gay for you.”

Minseok stared at Luhan in astonishment. Minseok was at a loss of how to reply to that, so he tossed his phone to Luhan and declared. “I am not reading anymore. You read.”

“I don’t want to read alone.” Luhan whined.

“Well, I don’t want to read with you.” Minseok turned his head to face the window. The view outside was suddenly so beautiful. Everywhere else was more interesting than Luhan’s attractive, big, sparkling eyes. What the hell?

“Are you mad at me?”

“No.”

“What is it?” Luhan grabbed Minseok’s arm and forced him to face him. “Hey… Did I say anything wrong?”

“Everything you said was wrong.”  Minseok was suddenly feeling so annoyed with Luhan. “First you said I am soft. Then you said I get easily upset like a girl. After that you called me Easy Min. I am the bottom between us and just now you said I am cute! What the hell Luhan!”

Luhan’s jaw dropped.

“I am not attracted to you!” Minseok fumed.

“I picked up on that.”

“And I am not in love with you!”

“Okayyyy….”

 “So… so stop saying I am smitten to you.” Minseok trembled. Something was happening to him, or he was starting to realize something, and he was sure he didn’t like that something. He loved how things were between him and Luhan and he wouldn’t let anything that had the potential to destroy what they had to come between them.

“Okayyy…I never said that but if this fic is making you feel uncomfortable, we will just stop reading it, okay?” Luhan said, realizing what seemed to be the problem.

“Okay.” Minseok quickly agreed.

Luhan looked so concerned. “I am sorry okay, I was joking. I know you can kill me with your pinky.”

“I can.”

“Of course. You are the strongest between us.” Luhan told Minseok in an attempt to calm him down. “Nobody messes with Minseok except…” Luhan trailed off.

Minseok couldn’t help but continued for him. “Except you.”

“I’d say that but not this time. I would love to still be alive when we arrive at L.A”

Minseok smiled. “Sorry… I was just…”

“It’s okay.” Luhan reached for the back of Minseok’s neck and rubbed it gently. “I was wrong. I shouldn’t joke about things like that. Sorry.”

Minseok felt guilty but he couldn’t explain his sudden outburst so he just apologized again. “I am sorry too.”

Luhan sighed. He appeared to be thinking before he said. “I was being honest though. Many girls swoon over you. I bet guys could fall easily in love with you too, if they know you like how I know you. You know what people said, love is not about gender. It’s about mutual attraction and chemistry. It’s about finding someone who appreciates who you really are. ”

Minseok looked up to meet Luhan’s gaze. “You just quoted the fic.”

“I did.” Luhan grinned.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Luhan had let Minseok sleep for the rest of the flight to L.A. He only woke him up after they safely landed. Minseok was concerned for Luhan but Luhan told him Chen came back to sit next to him for emotional support during the touch down.  

“You look unhappy.” Minseok pointed out.

“Because I am not happy.” Luhan answered as he took his bag out from the compartment above their seats.

“Because I slept?”

Luhan shook his head. “No.”

“Because I was mad at you?”

“No. That was my fault. I promise I am not mad at you.”

“Then, what is wrong?”

Luhan dropped his bag on his seat, looking utterly destroyed. “Because I feel so betrayed.”

“What is it?” Minseok asked. What could possibly happen when he slept? Minseok was unable to stop himself from reaching for Luhan’s face and caressed it. Yeah, he had a really soft skin. The writer could never ever know about this.

“The writer made me pregnant!” Luhan announced before he bent over and buried his face in his beg.

Minseok who was smiling so wide could still hear Luhan moaned. “Why must I be pregnant? Whyyy???”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I wrote this since three hours ago and decide to post it away so forgive any mistake you find in the story. I am high. 

Thanks for reading. Check my other stories 

 

Figure It Out

Great Friendship (XiuHan)

Something More

Angry Sehun

The One Who Left

Kai, KyungSoo Hyung and Breakfast

Chen, Frozen and the bickering duo