Chapter 2: Water Balloons (2/3)

Bookstore Wars

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

"Wonwoo please wait here while I look for the 'weapons' in the storage closet."

Everyone that works here is ing crazy. 

"Ah, I've found them."

What crazy maniac decides to freaking kidnap a person?

"Wonwoo?"

Should I take a run for it?

"Wonwoo?"

Yeah, I should-

"Wonwoo are you okay?" Junghan asked waving his free hand infront of the man's face.

"Huh?" Wonwoo said and looked up Junghan.

The long haired man was holding a big plastic bin with assorted water guns in it. Wonwoo stared and then it hit him.

"Ooooh, so those are the weapons." Wonwoo chuckled. Thank god, I was scared for a moment.

"Yup." Junghan said balancing the bin on one knee "Of course we're not allowed have real weapons here, no matter how much Seungcheol begged the landowners wouldn't let us. And I'm glad they didn't." He chuckled.

"Oh..." Wonwoo gave an awkward laugh.

"But are we really going to try to save a kidnapped person with... Water guns?" 

"They do more damage then you think, especially when you're targeting the paperback books and comics." Junghan picked up two small water guns and squeezed them into his pockets.

"Oh, but how are we going to get Minghao back? They're not just going to surrender when they see water guns. At least, I don't think so..." And wouldn't this make the relationship between the stores worse?

 Junghan placed a hand on Wonwoo's shoulder.

"Just let Seungcheol handle it." 

"Oh, okay..." Wonwoo gave another awkward chuckle. 

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." Junghan gave him a comforting smile "Now let's go fill up the water guns." 

"Okay." 

Wonwoo picked up a Nerf Super Soaker and held it in his hands.

"I think I'll use this one."

-------------------------------------------------

When Hansol first saw Chan for some reason he didn't really like the kid.

He tried giving the negative feeling some doubt, but he naturally didn't like him.

Maybe it was because Hansol was used to hanging around people older then him. That was kind of true. Or Hansol could be just using it as an excuse to justify his dislike for the younger.

Either way, maybe Chan won't turn out to be such an annoying parter and we can work together. Hansol thought as he shuffled a pack of water balloons in his hand.

He was just walking back to the bookstore from the convienently placed one-dollar store next door.

'Here's two dollars.' Chan said before stuffing two crumpled dollar bills in his hands 'Go buy some water balloons at the one-dollar store next door and meet me in the restroom after.' Then the younger left Hansol and bounced off to who knows where.

Opening the front doors, he noticed that there were some customers lined up waiting at the checkout line with no one at the desk. He sighed. Chan would have to wait.

After checking out the few customers, he headed near the back-right of the store where the restrooms were.

As he opened the door, he felt something squishy, wet, and rubbery hit his face.

"What the-" Hansol had water splattered all over the top of his clothes. It felt very uncomfortable.

Chan was sitting on the top of the restroom counter by the sink laughing his heart out. Right beside him was a plastic bin with filled water balloons.

Maybe I should just give up on Chan.

Hansol huffed out of anger as he threw the packet of water balloons at the laughing boy.

"You little ! What the was that for!" He shouted as he stomped up to Chan.

"Relax, Relax. It was just a joke." Chan said with a grin. An irritating grin in Hansol's opinion.

Hansol quickly moved to the side and grabbed a handful of water balloons.

"You wouldn't dare..." Chan moved to the side and took some out of the bin. 

"Try me." Hansol said and gave a mischievous grin.

He threw as many balloons as he could at Chan and hid behind a toilet stall door.

Chan gave a playful shout and jumped trying to aim the water balloons over the stall.

Hansol got hit with a bunch more and ran as fast as he could to the sink gathering more balloons.

The two boys then continued throwing the balloons at each other, hiding under the counter and attempting to climb under locked stalls only to get hit with a water ballon in the face.

It ended when the plastic bin was empty and the bathroom floor was covered in water.

Hansol and Chan were laying on the floor next to each other giggling. They were soaked head to toe.

"Aw, great. Now we're going to have to make a whole new batch of them for the 'great bookstore war'." Chan said sitting up.

"You started it." Hansol sat up and felt his shirt "And forget about that, we're all wet."

"That's what she said!" Chan said smiling.

"That doesn't even make sense, stupid." Hansol hit the younger on the head playfully "Hey, how are we going to dry off?"

Chan grinned.

"We could walk around ." 

Hansol smirked "I would attract too many ladies though, that would be a problem."

"Or we could wrap ourselves with paper towels like a mummy and waste Seungcheol's money." Chan said and walked over to the paper towel despenser.

Hansol smiled.

I think I'm starting to like this kid.

--------------------------------------------------

Seokmin had an amazing smile. It was like he should be in a Colgate commercial or something. That was one of the first things Soonyoung had noticed about him. It matched his kind personality.

Or so he thought.

Soonyoung stared at the Super Soaker water gun Seokmin had gave him. 

"What did you do to it?"

Seokmin gave Soonyoung his usual blinding grin and held up a bottle of bubble soap.

"I filled it with bubble soap, I found some bubbles lying around in the storage room and took the bottle." The charming guy held up his own Super Soaker and pat it "I've filled mine too."

Soonyoung widened his eyes in surprise.

"That's kind of cruel."

"I don't want to really be doing this either, but go big or go home." Seokmin said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Seungcheol probably thought the same thing too and is decked out in gear." The man added on.

Soonyoung gave a smirk.

Seokmin is more interesting than I thought.

------------------------------------------------

Usually if you saw a gang of guys jaywalking across the street you would honk.

But the cars were silent at the unusual sight when the whole crew of The Shining Diamond walked across the street decked out in water guns and bags slinged over their shoulder full of water balloons.

They stood in front of the bookstore they were about to break into.

"Alright guys, operation save Minghao has started!" Seungcheol shouted holding two advanced looking water guns.

"Isn't this kind of childish?" Wonwoo asked.

"Shh, it is. But don't ruin our fun." Chan whispered right next to him.

Wonwoo mentally asked himself if this was legal too.

"Alright guys! Let's do this!" Soonyoung stared at the store determinately.

"One..." Seungcheol said starting to count.

"Two..."

"Three!" 

He kicked the door of the building open.

______________________________________

Hahaha, turns out the second chapter will be a little longer then I expected.

I made it so,

One chapter = One day

The next chapter might be quite long.

Subscribe if you want to and I appreciate comments :)

Thank you for reading! :D