Chapter 1: Welcome to the Shining Diamond bookstore!

Bookstore Wars

Hansol, Soonyoung, and Wonwoo met in front of the bookstore from yesterday.

"Shining Diamonds bookstore." Soonyoung read the sign on the door "Do we have to do this? I had to cut my morning dance class today."

"Yeah, and I'm wasting precious time I could be using to play video games." Hansol added on.

Soonyoung slapped Hansols shoulder.

Wonwoo sighed.

"Do any of you guys have the money to pay for the window?"

"No." The other two said in usion.

"Do you see any other options? Hey, it might not even be so bad." Wonwoo tried assuring the others and himself.

"Alright. Alright. Let's get this over with." Soonyoung said while pushing the door open to the shop.

Hansol stepped into the store in front of the other two.

"Hello?!" He shouted "Is the scary dude from yesterday here?!?" His voice disturbing the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of the shop.

A few customers near the front of the store gave Hansol strange looks. Wonwoo just facepalmed.

"Hansol you ing idiot this is a bookstore. You're supposed to be quiet." He gritted through his teeth.

"Do you mean we're going to have to be quiet the whole time we work here?! Aw hell no. I'm out." Soonyoung said turning around.

"Same." Hansol said turning to join Soonyoung.

Wonwoo blocked the two before they could reach the door.

"Okay, whose fault is it that we're here in the first place? It's ours. Now we got to take responsibility for our actions and be-"

"Dude, it's not like they can track is down or anything." Hansol cut off "Let's g-"

"Where are you going?" A boy around Hansols age asked while approaching them.

The boy was holding a knife and had a mischievous smile.

The three friends froze.

"W-Why are you holding a knife?" Soonyoung asked while Hansol raised his hands up.

"Please don't kill me." Peeped Wonwoo.

The boy then stepped closer and gave a smirk.

"You're the new employees, eh?" He said swinging around the knife slightly "Well-"

"Chan!" A tall guy with black hair shouted while running up to them.

"Give me back the knife! I'm going to need it to cut the red velvet cake we baked this morning." He said grabbing the knife from Chan.

"Hey!" Chan whined while the guy walked back to the direction of the cafe.

"Dude! What the absolute was that for!" Hansol shouted at the boy infront of him.

"Well, I wanted to surprise the new employees but Seokmin just ruined my fun." He turned to Hansol and smiled "I'm Chan and it looks like I'll be working alongside you guys."

"Nice to meet you Chan!" Soonyoung said with a smile while Hansol just glared at Chan.

"Nice to meet you, but you gave us a scare..." Wonwoo murmured while holding out his hand.

"Ahaha, don't worry. You guys seem nice so I won't prank you so much." Chan said and shook Wonwoo's hand "Seungcheol sent me to fetch you guys, you are the new employees right?"

"Right." Wonwoo replied.

"C'mon let's go to the back of the store where his office is, he'll talk to you guys there."

Wonwoo followed while Hansol strode behind with Soonyoung.

"I don't like that guy." Hansol whispered to Soonyoung.

"Why? He's kind of cute." Soonyoung murmured back and Hansol gave him a glare.

They were led to an office in the back and encountered Seungchoel at his desk.

"Most of the time I help around the store, I hate staying back here it gets really boring." He mused while the three new employees walked in.

It turns out Seungchoel wasn't as scary as they thought, but his appearance still made him slightly intimidating. 

"Got it?" Seungchoel said after going over the details "You'll have your shifts after you finish with school and will be working on Saturdays." 

Hearing that Hansol groaned.

"Once you guys pay off the window you can get out of here, but you guys better work hard because that was one expensive window."

Soonyoung gave out a light sigh and stared at Wonwoo with a sad face.

'Sorry, I dont want to be here either' Wonwoo tried mentally communicating back and shook his head at Soonyoung.

"I hope you guys make good employees. Anyway Junghan can show you around, he's the guy with the long hair over there." Seungcheol said pointing out the window to an angelic looking man.

"Don't make trouble it's hard enough with Chan already." He added on.

"We'll try." Soonyoung said with a smirk and Hansol chuckles.

They got up to walk out of the office but Wonwoo stayed behind and leaned down towards Seungcheol.

"They can be quite troublesome but I'll try to stop them from doing anything too harmful, ok?" He said giving a thumbs up.

Seungcheol just raised an eyebrow in confusion as Wonwoo walked out.

Wonwoo joined Hansol and Soonyoung who gathered in front of a pretty-looking boy.

"Hey, I'm Junghan." He said with a smile and gave a small wave.

"Hey I'm Soonyoung! And this is rap god Hansol and the tough-looking but actually a big wimp Wonwoo." 

" yeah! Rap god Chwe Hansol in the hOUSE!" Hansol put up two peace signs in the air and whispered 'swag'.

Wonwoo proceeded to give Soonyoung and Hansol a harsh kick on the back on their legs.

"Ow!" Gritted Hansol through his teeth while Soonyoung crouched down on the floor whimpering.

"Please ignore them." He said to Junghan with a smile.

"Got it." Junghan smiled back.

"So, you've already met my- I mean our boss Seungcheol. He can be kind of strict but he's a nice guy altogether. I'll go introduce you guys to the other employees that work here and show you around after." 

 "Alright." Wonwoo replied and Soonyoung got up from the floor and dusted off his shirt.

"Let's go!" Soonyoung exclaimed running in front of Junghan.

 He then suddenly turned around and lightly jogged back to Junghan.

"Where are we going?"

"I'll go introduce you guys to Seokmin first, he works at the cafe." Junghan said still flashing the brightest smile the three friends have ever saw.

Well, take that back.

When they strode up to the cafe's counter Seokmin was flashing all three of them the biggest, brightest smile they've ever seen.

"Hey Junghan want anything?" The man that took the knife from Chan asked fiddling with some snacks displayed on the counter "Oh, and hello new employees! Sorry about Chan."

"I'm Seokmin." He introduced himself still holding his bright smile and leaned on to the counter.

"I'm Wonwoo. These are Soonyoung and Hansol." Wonwoo said motioning to each of his friends when he said their names.

"Hello!" Soonyoung said with a smile back.

"Nice to meet 'Cha!" Hansol grinned and gave a small wave.

"This is Seokmin." Junghan said "He works at the cafe most of the day and makes really good cakes and mochas."

"Even better than Starbucks mochas?" Soonyoung asked.

"Yup."

"Wow." Soonyoung said gazing at the menu then smiled at Seokmin "I'm going to have to try them then."

Seokmin gave a small but shy smile back.

"Alright now follow me, there's only two people left and that'll be Chan and Minghao." Junghan said starting to walk towards the counters at the front of the store.

"Was Chan the guy with the knife before? We've already met him, he's not that cool." Hansol said while they started walking.

"Well, that sounds like him." Junghan chuckled.

"Anyway that's Minghao." He said pointing to a guy stationed next to the cash register.

"Hi Minghao!" Soonyoung exclaimed waving and ran up ahead to the counter "It's nice to see a fellow dancer working here!" 

Once the others reached Soonyoung he was talking about something waving his hands excitedly.

"Hey guys, this is Minghao! He goes to my dancing classes." He said smiling at his friends.

"Minghao doesn't talk so much because he came from China and his language skills aren't that good." Junghan added.

"Hello, I'm Minghao." Minghao said with a smile "You guys are the new workers, right?" 

"Yup!" Soonyoung exclaimed.

"I'm Hansol and this is Wonwoo, you seem to already know Soonyoung." Hansol said with a grin.

"Yes, we go to the same dance classes." Minghao said in a soft voice. 

"Nice to meet you Minghao." Wonwoo smiled.

"It would be nice to stay and talk, but we have to get back to work too. Let's go introduce you guys to Chan." Junghan mentioned.

Junghan scanned around the store and sighed when he noticed that Chan wasn't organizing the books where he should be.

"Minghao, where's Chan?"

"I think he's where the comic books are."

"Probably slacking off, thanks Minghao." 

Minghao waved the others off as they were led near the back left side of the bookstore where the manga and comic book section was.

"Chan you little where are you." Junghan grumbled under his breath while looking around the area.

"Boo!" Exclaimed a voice from above and Chan's head peeked up from over the shelves. 

"Wah!" Junghan shouted and Wonwoo let out a non-manly squeal.

Chan was laying down stomach-first on top of the comic book shelves holding an Avengers comic book.

"Ello." He said with a grin.

"How'd you get up there?" Soonyoung asked curiously.

"Why are you even up there?" Hansol said staring up at Chan. 

"What does it look like?" Chan waved around his comic book.

"Chan get down from there right now!" Junghan shouted up at the younger "You're supposed to be organizing the book display up front!"

"Who are you? The boss of me?" Chan said cockily down at Junghan.

"No, but Seungcheol gave me the task of babysitting over a grown 16 year old who can't even do a simple task like organizing books."

Chan stuck out his tongue at Junghan.

"Okay, okay. I'll get down."

He swung his legs over the shelf and looked down.

A few seconds passed untill Chan withdrew his legs and stared back down at the boys.

"I'm stuck."

Junghan groaned and Soonyoung gave a light laugh at the situation. 

"Well, how'd you get up there in the first place?" Wonwoo asked.

"I climbed."

"Then climb down."

"I'm too scared."

Hansol burst out laughing. 

"D-Dude, you're sixteen, just jump down or something!" He said trying to calm down his laughter.

Chan puffed out his cheeks and gave Hansol a glare.

"Fine!"

A second later a scream was heard from Wonwoo and Chan came crashing down on top of him.

"Ouch..." Wonwoo groaned.

This caused Hansol to burst out laughing again this time with Soonyoung joining him.

"Some friends you are." Wonwoo grumbled under his breath.

Junghan gave a small chuckle.

"Shut up you love us!" Soonyoung said in between laughs. 

"Thanks for being my pillow. You get one free hug from Chan!" Chan then hugged Wonwoo while still on top of him. 

"Just get off of me." Wonwoo groaned again. Working here would be interesting.

_______________________________________

Thank you for reading my first chapter!

Introduction chapters can be really boring but I promise it'll get better. 

I didn't really have a set POV for this chapter but I might start doing POV's mainly from Wonwoo, Hansol, and Soonyoung. For the next chapter I don't know though.

I'm planning on developing Meanie's relationship first then Chansol, Soonseok, and Jihan but the order may change later on.

Subscribe if you want too and I really like comments a lot :D

Jihoon and the others are going to appear in the next chapter, but first there will be a bonus chapter. 

And as I said before, thank you for reading!