Chapter 6

Sacrifice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hana's POV

Pant.

I started panting really hard because of the constant running. But soon my eyes slowly travelled to his face and then to our hands. They seemed to fit just right. As if they were made for each other.

With those thoughts mingling around my mind, my cheeks started to color a pinkish shading around my cheek bones.

The cool spring breeze blows as the leaves dance around it in a random pattern.

But soon they all came to a stop.

"Here we are!", he exclaimed cheerfully.

I took a look at the place we are in.

Mountains and hills embroidered the nature, with the presence green trees and leaves showing the signs of spring. Flowers blooming adding different colors to the embroidery.

Spring breeze slowly blow as my hair dance around it.

"You know, when I was young. I used to come here every spring time with my family to have a nice family outing.", he spoke as he observe and feel the nature.

"I would be jumping around and running and playing chase with my other cousins when they came to visit me"

"This place takes up a huge amount in my childhood memories."

He took in a deep breath and slowly breathes out as he flashes a smile.

Then he turned and look at our hands that has been holding for more than 10 minutes by now and said," And the reason why I took you here is that I just want to tell you about my childhood and people I spent time here with are all my close friends, families and -looks at you and smiles- well you know what I mean", he finished his sentence quickly as his ears slowly turned red.

He was scratching his nape out of embarrassment.

"Thank you." I spoke suddenly.

He turned to me and murmured, "Huh?"

I turned my head and faced him, "Thank you for sharing your happiness, your childhood memories. But I wish you would share the sadness, anger in the future as well. Because we are husband and wife, if u r going through something. Don't go through it alone. You have me. We should share the pain not only the happiness" and smiled as I looked into his eyes that shows lots of emotions but too much that u can't explain or know what he's actually feeling.

Suddenly, he pulled me into a hug.

We said nothing but feel each other's warmth.

"I am sorry..." He murmured. But I heard it very clearly.

"I am sorry for making you suffer and go through all this...", he continued in agony.

I tightened the hug by closing up the gap between him and me and patted his back.

"I am so sorry. I really am.", he stated again.

I started to feel wet on my shoulder and his tears were the source.

I stopped the hug and held both of his shoulders and flashed a smile.

"Heyy! I am hungry" I said earning a chuckle from him.

"Let's go and eat something" 

"Yeah, let's go", he replied smiling.

Ring.

The door bell of the restaurant rang as he pushed the door, welcoming himself in. And I followed from the back.

The smell of noodles being boiled, dumplings being taken out from the pot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter