Psychopath

Psychopath

 

 

Psychopath

By: theninjaghost

 

The feeling of uneasiness is overshadowed me.

I’m Kwon Ji Yong, intern in a mental health hospital, and I am assigned to the female ward. Should I be happy because I am assigned to a female ward? No, I’m not, I don’t actually deal with woman, but here I am need to conduct a test to one of the female here.

--

“This is what you should do…” as I instruct the directions to the patient. Then I wonder why, she looks normal, though I shouldn’t be trapped to her behavior. She’s a snob, I must say, just awhile ago, she protested to the nurse who told her that she will be answering questions from me. “Are you ready now Dara?” I asked her, she looked at me and nods.

I must admit she is really beautiful, how come she is here inside the hospital, did something happened to her and to her family? What is the reason?

I checked the time and its 3:45 in the afternoon, I should return her to her ward before 4, she is still drawing, but I have to interrupt her “Dara, are you done?” I asked her, she looks at me slowly; it gives me goose bumps, she hand me over the paper, I checked it and returned the paper, “what is the gender of that person Dara?” then she writes, “Oh, it’s a man, then what is his name?” I continued, “Might as well, put your relation to that man” she writes it down, after writing all the things she needed to write, she hand me over again the paper, I didn’t mind to check it because I need to return her to her ward, or the nurse will scold me. “Dara, we’ll continue this tomorrow, I’ll pick you up to your ward again whenever you are free as the nurse will inform me, so here’s the snack, finish eating it and we’ll go back” I said to her.

--

Something is troubling me.

Something will happen to me today.

I smirked to that thought. “Nothing will happen to me” I assure myself.

After meeting that intern, he keeps on flashing in my mind, I hate it, I hate him, I hate everyone. Why do I have to take all those test again, it’s getting in my nerves already, I always take those tests in different people and now, I have to take it with a guy.

“Dara! Ji Yong is here to take you!” my heart jumps as I heard the name, creased my eyebrow then asked myself “Why?” I don’t know what to answer with my own question.

--

Walking towards the testing room, an awkward moment of silence, then he starts asking me “How’s your sleep?” but I didn’t budge to answer him, but then he asks me again, “Did you eat well?” I looked at him, to my surprise; he’s giving me a smile, a smile that I never thought of seeing again. I looked away and I heard him chuckles. “You must hate me, Dara, but you can’t do anything, and I’m an intern here and I need to pass my requirements” he said.

I don’t care if you’re an intern here and you needed to pass those requirements, I hate you, I hate all of you. I ignore him until he started to instruct me again, “now, we have to do this…” I let a little cough, “is there something wrong Dara?” he asked me, he sounded like a worried man, I peeked and he is, I straighten my body just to let him know that I’m okay.

Then he started to ask questions…

--

I know that she is ignoring me, obviously, she won’t talk to me, but I find it amusing. I must build a rapport to her so that she’ll feel safe whenever she’s with me, but I should put a boundary.

“Wow, you’re good, Dara!! At this rate, you’ll be okay and you will have the chance to go out here in the hospital, you like that right?” she coldly looked at me. This girl really makes me want to build such a rapport to her.

I can’t find the answer, the answer that will solve the puzzles. Why Dara is here? Why her parents did bring her here? What is the reason? Then I remember her answer “They said that it’s for my own sake” for her own sake?

“And now, you have the complete the incomplete sentence that I’m giving to you okay?” she just nods and waits for me to say.

--

“Hey Ji! What’s up?” then my sunbae, Dong Wook, showed up. He is one of the best psychology student way back when he is still studying, and now he’s already taking up his doctoral degree, “Sunbae! How come you are here?” I bowed down and invite him to seat, “Just visiting the school, so how’s the internship at the mental health hospital?” he asked “It’s great sunbae, I really did apply the theories and the lessons that our professors gave to us, it’s kinda tiring also” I answered as I continued on writing the interpretation.

He is really the person I really looked up, he is my role model.

“By the way, what pavilion are you assigned?” he asked me, I looked at him “As much as I don’t want it, I’m at the Female ward sunbae” then he looks at me with disbelief, then he laughs to the taught that I really don’t go well with female “the Irony of life Ji!” he said “You know what, you don’t get along with woman, but you are famous to them and now you are assigned to the female ward, I must say, this really the best example for the Irony of Life” he continued but then he suddenly get serious, “But I have to warn you Ji, don’t ever take the patient named Park Sandara” the voice of sunbae made me shivers.

“Why do you say that sunbae?” I asked him, “it’s confidential thing Ji, I know you are practicing to be a psychologist or psychiatrist, but this is a private matter, but if you had the chance to encounter her, just don’t put your effort to build a rapport to her, or she’ll get hurt might as well you”

--

The thought of Dara is my patient right is troubling me, “You’re late sunbae, I did put some effort to build a rapport to her” I said to myself, it’s frustrating, how should I know? The nurse gave me her.

Sit on my chair to interpret the guy whom she drew, “What the!” it gave me more goose bumps, “This is not happening right?” I asked myself.

Ji Yong’

--

“I must say Miss Park Sandara, you are getting well! Something happened or you realize?” the doctor said, but I didn’t answer her “but still you don’t speak, but it’s okay, maybe a speech rehab will make you speak again” she said as she assess me. “I will call your parents an—“ “NO!” I cut her off, it triggered me to hurt her but I controlled, “the most hateful thing that you could do for me is to call them” I said to her, my mind goes dark, and my eyes glaring her like I want to eat her alive. “O-ok-ay” she trembles.

--

It’s been a month, I haven’t seen him, I miss him so much, now that I’m free, I’ll get to find him and love him as much as I want. I smiled “Where could you be, Ji Yong?” as I caress the sharp thing and keep it in my pocket.

“Dara-ssi, your mother wants to see you” I creased my eyebrow, “What does she wants, I just want to be alone here I my ro—“ “If you’ll lock yourself up again to your room, I’ll bring you again to the hospital” she threatens me, I curse and open the door “What now!? What do you want?” I was already in rage, I’m going crazy, my mind goes dark again as shove away my mother and run outside the house.

I heard them shouting my name, chasing me.

--

“Hey Ji, what’s up? You look miserable” Bae said as he comforts me, “let’s go drink!” he invites me, Yes that’s what I need.

I can’t believe I was the one who she drew, it really surprised me, I didn’t think that she’ll draw me, but why? Why it has to be me, then I remember the relation she puts ‘the one’.

“Hey Ji, you’ve been down since I saw you? What’s up?” he asked me, “I don’t know Bae, I have a bad feelings about something” I said to him, “Look bro, everything is fine, it’s just that you are stressed writing a psychological report” he said, is he right? Am I just stressed on something?

“Look Bae, my patient is something you wouldn’t want to meet, I regret that I build a rapport to her, and you know that I don’t get along with woman, but this is different, we have to so that they can feel comfortable” I sigh, he looks at me not understanding a thing what I just said “can you explain it more?” he ask said. I took a shot of soju before explaining.

--

I run so fast so that they won’t able to catch me.

I stop for awhile and catch my breath, “Where am I?” I asked myself. There are a lot of people here, I hate it, I don’t like this place, why so many people.

I don’t mind people whom I bumped, which it made them angry. “Hey watch you walking at!” a girl shouted me, I stopped, as my bloods rise up “What did you say!?” I said coldly to her, as she got goose bumps “Wh-what th-the hell! Wh-at a-re yo-u!?” she trembles and runs far from me.

A familiar figure caught my attention, I sneak closer to them, and then I heard him saying “She scared me to death Bae! She drew me, and telling that I’m the one, what does it means? It means she’s in love to me! Dong Wook – sunbae once told me that I should be careful to her, but it’s too late Bae, it’s too late! What should I do when she’s already out of the hospital search for me!? What should I say to her? Should I tell a lie? Or should I tell her straight that, I’m sorry, but I’m not the one, please just forget me? Tell me Bae?”

I didn’t realize that I am already crying, those hurtful words I just heard, my heart is throbbing in pain. What should I do now? I put my hands on my pocket, then I feel something cold, I put it out and it shines as the moon strikes on it. I looked at him for the last time, and look at the cold thing in my hand, I smiled.

--

“I had enough of this, Bae, I’m going home!” I said to him, “but you’re drunk Ji, let me help you” he said to me, “no I’m fine, maybe I’ll just go to park first to have freshen me up” I told, “Here’s my part” I put down a money and left him.

Those words I just said, is it true? But I was really mesmerized by her beauty. But It scared me, those drawings, is not what I thought about her, it is something way beyond my expectations. She acts normal thou.

I sits on a bench and smell the freshness of the air, “this will do” I said to myself. I begun to feel danger, “Okay, I’m getting up, I’m already okay” I said to myself and started to walk home,

Walking to a village with no one is out; of course it’s already night time, why do people goes out at this time. I can still feel the danger, that it made me walks fast. ‘Someone is stalking me’ I thought.

It’s getting in my nerves, I stopped and turn around, “Show yourself already, you’re creeping the hell out of me” I shout, and slowly a figure shows, something familiar, “Long time no see…. Ji Yong” a dark aura shows, then sharp thing shines through her hand, “W-wait, wh-who are you?” I said “Yo-you don’t remember me, how shameful, just awhile ago, you were talking about me with your friend” she said. She’s so dark, I don’t know what to do now, am I being trapped? “D-dara?!” I said, then I noticed that she smiled.

“Hmmmm… you looked scared Ji” she said with a cold voice, “Don’t come near me Dara, put down that sharp thing on your hands” I said “Why Ji? Is this thing scared you the most?” slowly walking closer to me, I want to run, but I just can’t, I don’t why, but there is something that Dara made me glued here. “Say Ji, did you really regret that I was your patient?” she suddenly asks, she heard it? But where she was there? “No-no, I was drunk back then” I denied “Then you, don’t love me?” almost a meter away “I-I don’t l-ove you” then I noticed her flinched, she is hurt “you d-don’t?” then I noticed that there’s already a tear forming on her eyes “But why did you make me feel it?” she said, did I? “I-I didn’t Rae, I like you because I was mesmerized by your beauty and you really cau—“

--

He didn’t love me, but why did he said that he likes me?

I’m already out of my mind “If you don’t love me, but why are you saying that you like me?” as I stab it deeper, “D-dara…” he struggles. I am already smiling, smiling while looking at him with that state.

Winds blows through me, the smell of his blood will spread already.

I fell down, as I drop the knife too, crying my heart out “J-ji…” I called him, he’s already gone, I hugged him so tight, as I shout for some help.

-

Some of the neighbors went out to see what just happened. I hugged him so tight. Then the ambulance came, the elders comforts me, hugs me.

“It’s okay miss, he’ll be in a safe place already” a woman hugged me. I hugged back, and slowly I smiled, “Yes he will be”.