Chanyeol.

Forever yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His room looked like a mess. Chanyeol had used the past hour and a half trying to find everything necessarily for his basketball practice - shoes, his tracksuit, water bottle and his favorite basketball. He found one of his shoes under his roommate Sehun's pillow on his bed. It was of course the first place he had looked, because Sehun's History book was under Chanyeol's bed the day before. You couldn't exactly say the boys cared about their hygiene, no matter what people said about West High Boarding School.


Chanyeol jumped when his phone rang. He was surprised he found it on the table, and not under several layers of dirty laundry or something. Chanyeol sat on the floor, tying his shoes. Jongin's clock showed that it was already 4.30pm. Should he pick up the phone or not? The last time he came late to practice, had their coach Smith make Chanyeol run 500 meters as punishment. He'd pick up the phone if it rang four more times. He would always do stuff like that. It was something his mom had done through out Chanyeol's childhood. - If it rains before dinner, then I'll take you out to buy ice cream! Was usually something she'd say. Which led to Chanyeol sitting by the window the whole day, hoping it would rain. The phone continued to ring. One more time, two more times. He picked it up on the third ring. Who could resist a ringing phone?

 

-


"Hey, you ready for some food?" Sehun looked up from yet another music magazine when Chanyeol entered their dorm room two hours later. He'd sometimes wonder if Sehun still enjoyed reading those magazines anymore, or if it just had turned in to a habit. Sehun would sometimes talk about starting a band. But truth to be told, he wasn't the strongest vocal out there. And let's not talk about his ability to play the guitar. Unlike Chanyeol who knew perfectly well how to play the instrument. His other roommate, Jongin was in his usual position on the floor while he spoke in the phone to his boyfriend. They would always have itense conversations about four times a day about their relationship. Jongin had, after years of being a phone junkie, learned how to listen to his boyfriend on the phone and to his friends at the same time. Chanyeol knew he'd heard Sehun's suggestion about going out to get some food after he put up his thumb, while rubbing his stomach. 

"Yeah, just let me take a shower first" Chanyeol answered, while nodding towards the bathroom door. 

He wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to hang out with them. They were his best friends at school, but they could be extremely curious. But on the other side, Chanyeol really needed to talk to someone. And if you can't talk to your best friends, who do you talk to? Jennifer.

A boy should be able to talk to his girlfriend, but as much as he hated to admit it; Chanyeol were dating an whiny and egocentric . Jennifer didn't really care about Chanyeol's problems. She just wanted to know what movie they should choose to watch on Netflix and what she should wear on the next prom. And Chanyeol had much more important things to talk about. 

Chanyeol walked up to his corner of the huge rectangular room and sat down on his bed. He knew he looked horrible. His black hair was messy and his tracksuit was wet with sweat. He also felt horrible.

He put his head in his hands. Sehun and Jongin looked worried at each other. Chanyeol knew it wasn't like him to act all dark and gloomy, but maybe it was an indirect way to get them to ask him what was wrong. 

"Hey buddy, you alright?" Sehun asked as he threw away his magazine. He walked over to the old chair by Chanyeol's bed and sat down. Jongin mumbled something in the phone and put it down. 

"I think so. Or... No.. I don't know?" Chanyeol stammered as Jongin sat down right next to him. Chanyeol felt like an idiot, stammering like that. Better to say it right away. 

"I don't know, but I think I told you guys that I was supposed to join my dad on a hiking trip this summer right?" Both nodded as Chanyeol continued.

"Well, he just found out that, or he just told me that he has to go on a business trip.. It will last the whole summer, and he's going to Singapore.." Chanyeol stopped, the worse part of the news was about to come. Sehun and Jongin looked at each other without saying anything. 

"And?" Jongin said.

"Well he says I have two choices. I can either work at the Summer Camp in Maine where I used to go when I was a kid, or stay with mom in Boston. What do you guys think?" Chanyeol said as he looked at both his best friends. 

"Well you are not going to that camp." Sehun said right away. 

"I actually agree with Sehun here for once." Jongin said. Sehun took a pillow and hit him with it. 

"Going to Maine to work would be boring. Go to Boston! Choose always the new and exciting over the old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter