dk/mina | a second first meeting

i wanna be your morning, baby | a seventeen x twice collection

a second first meeting

g, 267w

"i have an idea, let's start over"

 

"So, um, hi, we are the same age - so - friends," Seokmin stutters, evidently frustrated at himself for not speaking as well as he normally does. From her knowledge, he's one of the biggest natural talkers in his group, but now here they are, sitting alone on a bench after the insistence of their members, and she actually finds it endearing how he seems to melt into a pile of goo. A pile of goo with blinding pearly whites, if she must say so herself.
 
"Yeah, that's a relief," Mina finds herself replying, hands fidgeting on her knees.
 
"Oh," Seokmin suddenly jumps up, taking off his jacket, to which Mina just looks up at him curiously. "I forgot to, uh -" He stops, and gently lays his jacket across her thighs.
 
Mina simply laughs. "It's okay," she brushes off, patting him on the hand when he sits back down.
 
...Commence awkward silence and both of them blushing ten shades of red deeper. "Oh, sorry, I'll just -" Mina stammers, jerking her hand away when she realizes that her hand has been on top of his for a good fifteen seconds.
 
He scratches the back of his neck now, not really looking her into the eye. But then, his face lights up. "I have an idea, let's start over," he suggests, regaining his confidence. He sticks out his right hand. "Hi Mina, nice to meet you, I'm Seokmin," he starts, firmly grasping her hand even though both of their palms are sweaty with nervousness.
 
She smiles. "Hello Seokmin, let's be good friends from now on."
 
He mirrors her wide grin. "Okay."