junhui/tzuyu | strawberry milk

i wanna be your morning, baby | a seventeen x twice collection
strawberry milk
jun/tzuyu
g, 453w
a piece of home
 
 
"Ge," Tzuyu slides into the seat next to him, handing him some strawberry milk and simultaneously stabbing a straw into her own bottle as well.  
 
He turns toward her, surprised. "Oh hey, didn't know you were here," he fumbles, eyes shifting toward the ground. He gratefully accepts the milk and sips it in silence. 
 
Tzuyu narrows her eyes, scrutinizing him. "Well of course I'd be here. Twice is promoting, so," she shrugs nonchalantly.  
 
Truth is, Junhui totally knew that she'd be here; in fact, he was overly aware, hypersensitive in fact, of her presence, even from across the building. He had looked forward to catching a glimpse of her... spilling her strawberry milk. 
 
"I'm such a klutz," Tzuyu mutters under her breath, but with a smile still lingering on her glossed lips. Junhui only chuckles to himself, digging for some paper towels he had stashed into his bag.  
 
By the time they've cleaned up the mess (Tzuyu decides to sip Junhui's strawberry milk once in a while now that hers is gone), the atmosphere has become decidedly more quiet: them just leaning against the wall with earbuds connecting the two, listening to music that brings waves of nostalgia and well, home. Hebe Tian, Jay Chou, Fahrenheit (wow you have a TF Boys song on your phone?! Junhui cries out in dismay. Some of their songs are catchy, okay, Tzuyu shoots back) - a piece of what they had left behind but a reminder that they still have each other in this moment. Occasionally Junhui insists on listening to a Super Junior M song just to fanboy over Zhou Mi (he is like, GOALS, if you know what I mean, Junhui exclaims, while Tzuyu can only smile in agreement).  
 
It is moments like this that make him happy, to talk in his mother tongue and just sit there quietly with the music flowing through his veins, finding solace in the midst of all the craziness of idol life. And well, there's Tzuyu too, her eyes lighting up whenever she laughs, ethereal from every angle, beautiful inside and out. Sometimes, he marvels to himself how they even ended up crossing paths in a foreign country, with odds stacked up against them and forced to navigate in the unknown, let alone meet each other in the midst of it.  
 
"Tzuyu?" 
 
"Yeah?" she murmurs, turning toward him. 
 
"Thank you," he says, patting her hand and re-adjusting the earbud in her ear.  
 
She nods in quiet understanding. "Thank you," she replies, playful yet sincere. She sneaks a sip from his strawberry milk yet again. 
 
The mischevious smile that graces her lips is enough for him to think that even if she drank every last drop of the strawberry milk, he'd still be more than okay with it.