final

closer

Kyungsoo's sure there are many reasons that the eldest member of EXO takes to clinging to him like a koala bear. Wufan leaving started the physical affection. Luhan leaving amped it up. Somewhere along those lines Kyungsoo became used to the feeling of increasingly muscular arms around him and a chin resting on his shoulder. It was weird at first; Kyungsoo is not particularly affectionate to begin with, but it's Minseok so somehow it's different. Somehow it's not weird and actually pleasant. 

 
Kyungsoo is watching a movie with his earbuds in when Minseok pads into his room and flops down on his bed. Kyungsoo instinctively shuffles over to make room. 
 
"Whatcha watching?" Minseok asks, curling into Kyungsoo's side, head on his chest. 
 
"Poltergeist," Kyungsoo answers, popping an earbud out and offering it to the older. 
 
Minseok looks up at him and raises an eyebrow. "You've been watching a horror movie with earbuds, in the dark, alone, for the past hour?" Kyungsoo just blinks at him, and Minseok shakes his head, giving Kyungsoo a face full of hair. "You're so weird."
 
"You're weird," Kyungsoo retorts.  He pauses then wrinkles his nose. "And you smell like a campfire."
 
"That's the smell of a real man, Kyungsoo. Does it turn you on?"
 
"So much," Kyungsoo says with an eye roll that Minseok can't see as he has returned to using Kyungsoo's body as a giant pillow. "But seriously- why?"
 
"Sehun's breaking out because of the new makeup so we burned old brushes in the backyard out of spite."
 
"And I'm weird," Kyungsoo scoffs. 
 
"Lets go for a walk," Minseok says, rolling entirely on top of Kyungsoo and tapping the lock button on his phone to claim his full attention. "I'm hungry."
 
"You know, this was a lot cuter before you decided to start lifting weights," Kyungsoo complains, voice strangled. He pushes at Minseok's chest. "You're like a tiny adorable boulder."
 
Minseok frowns. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes for the second time, more to himself than anything because he finds himself abandoning his movie in favour of taking to the summer warm street with Minseok. They don't discuss where they're headed and Kyungsoo doesn't question the fact that Minseok is holding his hand. 
 
"Here!" Minseok declares, pulling Kyungsoo into a cafe. Kyungsoo chuckles and stumbles after him, wondering how on earth this man is three years his senior. 
 
"Minseok?"
 
"Hm?" He's distracted by the display of baked goods, which is incredibly adorable and Kyungsoo might just buy him everything in it. 
 
"Why aren't you like this with the other guys?" Kyungsoo inquires, trying to sound as casual as possible. He places his hand on Minseok's shoulder and pretends to be interested in chocolate caramel brownies. "All cute and stuff, I mean."
 
"You don't tease me," Minseok answers simply. "And you're probably the only one I could beat up."
 
Kyungsoo cackles. "What about Jongdae? Baekhyun? Joonmyun?"
 
Minseok thinks a moment. "Baekhyun has Chanyeol. Joonmyun would cry. Jongdae...bites."
 
"Fair," Kyungsoo says with a little laugh at the way Minseok shudders. Kyungsoo holds his fist out. "Can you hold something for a sec?"
 
"Sure," Minseok holds his hand out. Kyungsoo twines their fingers together and squeezes Minseok's hand, making the older flush pink. "God, you're so corny."
 
Kyungsoo doesn't know what compels him to kiss Minseok, but he does, quickly on the mouth like the older won't notice if he acts fast enough. The surprised sound Minseok makes causes Kyungsoo to take a large step back, lip in his teeth and eyes wide. That was stupid. That was over the line. Kyungsoo's stomach twists. "I'm so sorry."
 
Minseok opens his mouth, then shuts it. He grabs Kyungsoo's hand to hold and turns back to the display. "Wanna split the strawberry cake? I'll buy."
 
~~~
 
Minseok kisses Kyungsoo at a late Saturday practice. 
 
It's Kyungsoo's fault, Minseok thinks. He planted the seed in Minseok's mind that kissing his bandmate is an acceptable thing to do. And it's easy. It's easy when Kyungsoo thinks nobody's watching and he's mocking aegyo a breaths distance from Minseok's face trying to get him to do it back. It's easy because there really is nobody watching. Minseok catches a glance of them in the mirror. They look damn good together. 
 
"Hyung~" Kyungsoo coos. It sounds ridiculous in his deep voice. "Minseokie hyu-"
 
Minseok presses a kiss to Kyungsoo's lips instead of stealing one like Kyungsoo had done ever so rudely. Kyungsoo freezes, hands in fists by his side until Minseok pulls away with a smacking sound. Kyungsoo touches his lips and blinks rapidly. 
 
"Anyway," Minseok says. 
 
"Anyway," Kyungsoo agrees. 
 
"Have either of you seen my headphones?" Jongin near yells, skipping across the practice room. He freezes when his eyes land on the two, inches away from each other, faces blushing bright, and staring at one another. Jongin raises his eyebrows. "Um, anyway..."
 
~~~
 
Kyungsoo is exhausted, because auditions still stress him out and he's had a full day of them. Callbacks for dramas tended to be structured more like rehearsals, and Kyungsoo had spent majority of the day running lines with experienced actors whilst trying not to sweat through his shirt. All went well despite the stress, and he'd been asked to learn the role of a high school student and prepare for rehearsals the following week. 
 
Kyungsoo lets Joonmyun know, who replies to his text message with a cluster of excited emojis. He can be excited for the both of them, because Kyungsoo is far too drained to experience any form of emotion. He really just wants to go back to the dorms, cuddle up with Minseok and sleep for eternity. 
 
Minseok. 
 
Kyungsoo shakes his head to make sure that he is seeing this correctly, that Minseok is really leaning against the company car with a voluptuous bouquet of flowers in hand. Kyungsoo was mistaken. He is, in fact, able to feel emotion. Smile wide, Kyungsoo drags his feet to the curb. "Hello."
 
"Hi," Minseok hums. He extends the flowers and they're so large that they block his face entirely. "For you. Congratulations."
 
Kyungsoo will never admit to anyone but Minseok how much of a sap he is for romantic gestures. Not that this is romantic, because it's not like they're dating or anything. It's just cute. Like Minseok. Kyungsoo buries his face in soft, coloured petals and inhales the floral scent. He peaks at Minseok from beyond the cluster of plants. "They're pretty."
 
"You're pretty," Minseok retorts. 
 
Kyungsoo laughs and hugs him, making sure not to damage his gift in the process. He breathes deeply, allowing himself to be soothed by the familiar scent and embrace of Minseok. "Thank you."
 
Minseok's arms loosen slowly around Kyungsoo's waist and Kyungsoo is slow to draw back, his heart thudding in his chest like he's a teenager. He feels Minseok's cheek slide against his until they're able to look at each other, noses brushing and eyes crossed. Minseok's lips turn up slightly and he whispers, "Can I kiss you?"
 
Kyungsoo kisses him first and, finally, Minseok is kissing him back. Kyungsoo is clutching his flowers behind Minseok's head almost as hard as Minseok is holding him close, hands pressing to the small of Kyungsoo's back. It's soft, gentle and unhurried. Kyungsoo is suddenly wide awake. Though exhilarating, it feels so right like this, and if it wasn't for the cars zipping past them, they'd be able to stay like this all night. 
 
"That was nice," Minseok says, combing Kyungsoo's bangs back. 
 
"I've never really...with a guy...I...just really like you," Kyungsoo stammers out. 
 
"How about instead of thinking about it we go back and makeout on the couch?" Minseok offers. 
 
Kyungsoo gently smacks him with the bouquet. "You drive."