A Rainy Day of the Past

Raindrops and Bus Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drip. Drip. Drop.

 

Drench day. Raindrops trickling down over the steel roof shed. Sopping shoes and soaking clothes abound in all directions, oil-pictures psychedelically around puddles. Wetness everywhere and no escape was found.

 

Actually it had been pouring down bad in Seoul for almost two weeks now. So when Park Chanyeol walked up carrying an umbrella, anyone would suspect he was of those kinds that are prepared for anything. His case, however, was just the opposite. It took two weeks of going home soaked to make him realize he might need an umbrella, and truth be told, he was not the type to be ready for much anything. Although he do, as always, go through anything with his superb smile. Like the anything he was to encounter at the bus stop.

 

The form that was standing under the shed, the lady, was the anything. She happened to him just like a song. He got under the bus top and she scooted away so they could both stand under the middle of shed. He couldn’t help but glance at her. Petite (especially with his tall stature), pointed nose, porcelain white skin, sound pods on both ear. She glimpsed at both directions, frowning before looking down her wrist watch.

 

“Tangina, tagal ng bus*,” she muttered gruffly, too loud for her own thought.

 

“I’m sorry?” Chanyeol asked, brow raised. The lady noticed his confusion, drawing off one of her ear plug, she shook her head.

 

“Oh. Sorry. It wasn’t meant for you,” she apologized, smiling ruefully. Chanyeol got to stare at her full face. Damn, she’s beautiful.

 

“I see.” He looked away, smiling shyly. He rubbed the back of his neck as he felt himself getting embarrassed. Then, it happened. The rain got more serious. It was now even getting inside the bus stop, getting them damp.

 

He opened his umbrella. “Here, use some of this.”

 

With a thankful nod, she scooted back over and he noticed the smell of vanilla and caramel. Enchanting. With their close proximity, he could also hear the music on her ear plug.

 

Let me. Rihanna.

 

Why was this sweet looking lady listening to that kind of music?

 

He noticed that she was slightly stomping her feet with every beat and her hands were somewhat loving with the song.

 

“Are you, in anyway a dancer?”

 

With a surprise gasp, she shook her head vigorously. “Oh no. I’m not!” She heavily blushed as the thought of someone seeing her ‘dance’ in public flashed on her mind.

 

“Well, you can. I mean, I really couldn’t really tell the dance moves but you’re moving with the exact beat. That’s pretty awesome.” He smiled at her.

 

She looked down, her blush still visibly. “Thanks.”

 

Moments of silence. He mentally squirmed, he still wanted to talk to her. Think Chanyeol, think.

 

“A-actually,” he was surprised that the lady decided to speak with him. He waited for her to continue, “I’m trying to be an… an idol. And I was kind of practicing a dance routine that I need to perform  by the end of this week.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Chanyeol wanted to kick himself. That was the response his insufferable brain came up with? Dammit.

 

“Then I guess, you sing too?” Chanyeol added. Nice one kiddo, Nice.

 

She giggled dryly. “Well, I needed to.”

 

He’d got her to talk so now he was getting bold. “Let’s see whatcha got.”

 

She looked up to his tall stature, eyes wide. He was smiling pleasantly. With his obvious school uniform and bag pack, she knew he was a student. He seemed harmless, in fact kind of nice. She liked nice. She thought she might, at least, do something for him in exchange of the umbrella. Besides, she could ask for constructive criticism about her singing as well.

 

“Ok.”

 

Chanyeol squealed. Mentally.

 

The lady paused for a moment, and with a deep breath she began.

 

Maybe, its intuition

Something’s you just don’t question

Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant

And there it goes, I think I’ve found my best friend.

 

I know that it might sound more than a little crazy

But I believe

 

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life

 

Chanyeol gaped at her the whole moment, he thought that angels descended from up above. If felt like it did. Her voice sounded like lullaby, sweet and lulling someone to a wonderful dream.  She sounded so precious, so innocent. Pure.

 

She blushed slightly. “So… what do you think?”

 

“Wow.” He opened his mouth to add something, only for it to close, then open again.

 

“Well, I’m kind of hoping for a constructive remark, but thank you,” the lady nodded her head.

 

“Oh! Sorry!” Chanyeol bowed his head startled for his idiocy. What was that ‘wow’ for? He faltered. “I mean, I was just really amazed. You were really good… well, there were lines that you’re off key, but it didn’t sound off anyway since you’re voice is really sweet..  a-a-and enticing, that shows that you have control on your voice.” 

 

She brightened. Good thing because he hasn’t seen the sun for tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter