.)1

Repeat

Chapter 1

 

The scream reverberated through the house. That scream is how I know another day has started. Checking the clock I see 6:45 AM and sigh in defeat. I should know it’s impossible for me to wake up at any other time. It is always 6:45 on the dot. I get out of bed slowly and straighten out the cream colored sheets. I go to my closet and take out the white button-up shirt and black slacks that I call my uniform and grab my boxers and socks. I walk into the white and blue bathroom and set my clothes down on the toilet seat just like I do every morning. I get in the shower and turn the heat up all the way. I massage the muscles that got tense from seeing my nightmare again and wash my hair. I turn off the water and step out into the steamy yet cold air. I shiver as I wrap my cream towel around my body and start drying myself. After putting on my clothes and watch and combing my hair, I head into the kitchen for my daily bowl of Cheerios and my glass of orange juice. I get done with eating and just like everyday it’s 7:20 AM. I put the dishes in the sink and get my shoes on. I head out the door to another boring day.

 

I hate everyday. It’s just the same day over and over. The only difference is the weather. Yesterday it was sunny and it felt amazing on my skin but today is cloudy and dreary. That doesn’t stop me from looking up at the sky, however, and seeing the blue sky with the white and silver clouds that only exist behind the dark and cold ones. The walk from the train station is the most enjoyable part of my day by far. The people around me are always doing something different with their day.

 

I walk through a park every morning and I always see the same woman playing with her chocolate lab. She usually plays with a frisbee but today she’s throwing a tennis ball. I watch the lab run after the tennis ball as I walk and I feel a smile form on my face. I always wanted a pet or something to have a connection with but I know it’s impossible. I feel the smile fade and I look forward. There in front of me is the kid always listening to music riding on his skateboard. He passes on my left and I smell the woody cologne he always has on. The kid is no older than 13 and I always think he’s too young for cologne. I always imagine scolding him as a father but I’m not his father and it’s impossible for me to ever have kids to scold. I sigh and walk out of the park. On the other side of the park is a busy road and the smell of pastries from the pastry shop across the street. I always want to go in there and try the apparently delicious concoctions but my schedule doesn’t allow it. I look down towards the sidewalk and notice that the flower that has been growing there is still intact and it brings me joy to know even though it’s such a busy world around it, it still doesn’t get trampled.

 

The walk light turns green out of the corner of my eye and I start to walk across the street only to feel my sleeve get pulled. I stumble backwards and notice a car zoom past me. I look up at the walk light and it’s definitely not green. I turn to be greeted by a concerned male.

 

“Are you okay?” the stranger asks me. I am still stunned by his looks I don’t completely register what he’s saying. He asks me again and I snap into my senses and nod closing my mouth in the process. He gives me a warm smile and I feel a smile tug at my lips at this simple expression. The light turns green and people start walking around me but I don’t even notice. All I notice is the way this boy seems to have the most perfect lips, the way his eyes turn into crescents when he smiles, and the way his fringe is cut perfectly to make him even more handsome. I turn away to look at my watch and I realize I have spent too long admiring him.

 

“Thank you for helping me but I must go now.” I bow and make sure the light is green before running across the road towards work. I have to be the 5 minutes early every morning and I am hoping this incident doesn’t make my schedule messed up.

 

I get in the office with 4 seconds until I needed to be there and I release the air I had been holding in. Fixing my hair I walk to my desk which is right in front of the CEO’s office. I hear a laugh voice behind me as I am about to sit down and hope it’s not the CEO. My fears though happened to guess the person immediately diminishing my hopes. I felt an arm sling itself over my shoulder and my body go stiff. It was none other than my boss Jeon Jungkook.

 

“How is my cute little secretary?” He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

 

“I-I’m good sir.” Damn it voice, don’t let him know you fear him. I heard a chuckle come Mr. Jeon and I felt myself stiffen even more.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask how I am doing, Min Yoongi?” I felt my heart accelerate and I knew I was in trouble.

 

“H-how are you sir?” My voice failed to cover up my emotions and I knew he had a wicked smile on his face. A face I once thought was handsome beyond compare. Well that was until I knew what kind of person he truly was.

 

"I am doing absolutely wonderful now I've seen you Min Yoongi. Be sure to work hard today." He winked at me and I cringed. "Oh, and Mr. Min don't even be a second late next time."


I bowed to him and sat down. I knew it. I am going to go through hell today. That bastard even counts the seconds. If only I had paid more attention at that light. I sighed and put my hand on my face. 


Hey everyone, thanks for reading my first chapter. Please tell me your thoughts in the comments below.