The Others

Remembering You, Sacrificing Me

As the two trudged through the meadows, the older male (only by a few months), paused, collapsing onto the grass, groaning. His companion stood there, patiently watching and waiting for the older male’s tantrum to end. With his arms crossed, he brushed his light colored hair out of his face.

“All he ever does is stay in that room of his! It’s not fair. We’re all in the same team and we’re both older than him, yet we have to do more work. Why does Alexander even favor him?” He grumbles as the light haired male remains silent. “What’s worse is that they never scold him! Even Kibum doesn’t scold him.”

“I’ve been told that his past wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. Maybe that’s why? Besides, he’s always sulking at this time of year. Just let him be,” the younger male shrugs, unaffected by the older male’s whining. Sticking his hands in his pockets, he beckons for the older male to get up and continue back to town. “Let’s go back. The sun’s setting and dinner is almost ready- Kiseop’s been trying to tap into my mind for quite a while now.”

Wiping the dust from his shirt, the older male stood up and followed the younger male, conversing as they made their way back to town. It wasn’t long before they made it back to town and just a little bit further, to an ordinary house with silver gates at least ten feet tall. Just the mere presence of the both of them sends the gates open. Stepping beyond the gates, they headed into the house, greeted by another male with his hair dyed a light honey brown. A few shrieks were heard behind the male.

“Alright, you guys won’t believe this, but Eli was trying to teach Kiseop how to cook and he kinda set Kiseop’s hair on fire.” The male that had greeted the two, had his lips curved into a smile, his eyes laughing at the thought of the scene behind him.

“How funny, Hoon. Has he been out of his room today?” The oldest male of the three asked with authority. Hoon shakes his head and casually tossed a look in the direction of the said male’s room.

“Water doesn’t really suit you, Jaeseop,” Hoon comments, noting the fiery glare the oldest male gave the said male’s room (though it was quite far). “If anything, I would’ve expected you to obtain the power of fire or whatnot. Instead, you got telepathy and water- what I’d do for telepathy.” Hoon sighs before turning back to the scene.

“How’s Kiseop doing anyways?” The light haired male questions. “Then again, it’s Kiseop we’re talking about. Kibum knows just how clumsy Kiseop can get. Perhaps that’s why he suggested that Kiseop switches over to our team for patrol around town. If anything happens to him, I can heal him- speaking of which- he looks absolutely ridiculous.”

A male with his dark brown hair comes running out toward them, the ends of his hair burnt and parts of his clothing. With panic written all over his face, he yanks the light haired boy closer to him, pointing out the burnt areas.

“Kevin, you’ve got to help me! My precious hair is all gone now, thanks to Kyungjae!” He throws a glare in the direction he came from. “You better tell that English speaking buddy of yours to learn to control his gifts better!” He huffed.

“Well, if you didn’t keep bending down to see if the bread was baking in the oven while I was frying the fish, you’d be fine!” A dark haired boy scoffed as he came into the scene. “Don’t ask me to help you cook next time then.”

“Hey- it’s not my fault I’m so clumsy!” Kiseop argues. “You’ve also got a problem with controlling your so-called gift. If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve thought it was because I accidentally conjured the winds in your room and knocked over your stuff!” When the dark haired male failed to respond, Kiseop proceeded to point at him. “Aha! I knew it! You were plotting against me the whole time weren’t you?”

“It wasn’t intentional.” The dark haired boy bites. “Besides, the stupid tornado you caused in my room shredded up my music sheets! The music I’ve spent ages working on! Why can’t you practice your skills in your own damn room?”

“I have a fish tank in there,” Kiseop states, matter-of-factly. “I don’t want Shin to die just yet. He seems to really like me.”

“Wait-what? Shin? Oh my god, Kiseop, what happened to Ji Ji?” The oldest male in the group questions, hearing the commotion caused by Eli and Kiseop.

“I might’ve accidentally forgotten to feed her- but hey, Soohyun- it’s all cool.” Kiseop adds, nervously as the group of people surrounding him narrowed their eyes at him. “Ji Ji’s a better place now...? I guess... I’m going to make sure Shin will get the proper care from me.”

“Oh, isn’t that the first time hearing that?” Soohyun says sarcastically as he throws his hands up in the air. “Or perhaps your definition of proper care is different from mine.” Soohyun crosses his arms, intimidating Kiseop as Kiseop steps back, hiding behind Kyungjae (Eli).

“Well-.”

The sound of a door slamming shut shook each of them as they froze, startled by it. Their eyes were immediately directed towards the spiraling staircase, smack in the middle of their living room. Kyungjae shifted uncomfortably before growling.

“Looks like he won’t be coming down for dinner tonight.” He shoots them all a look. “You guys will not leave the table until every single plate is spotless. Understood?” The rest of them nodded. “Good, now let’s eat dinner.”

It wasn't until late at night had they felt a new presence.

 

 

A lone figure stands by the window, gazing out at the night sky. Large, white flakes drifted to the ground, kissing it, and then melting. His fingers rested onto the wooden frame of the window, his eyes longing for something- or rather someone.

Tonight was no more special than the other. A quiet sigh left his lips as he stared past the reflection of himself on the window. His bedroom door creaks open and a male, just a few years older than him, enters.

“A newbie came. I feel their presence. Care to assist them?”

“Why bother asking if you know I never do so? Welcome them yourself.” His voice is monotone, as if he has no interest in the matter. The older male bites back a sarcastic comment and retreats.

 

 

 

A/N: I haven't updated my stories in a long long long time! Sorry! >.< I should be finishing my story 'Arranged Marriage' soon xD. This chapter's a bit short :( It was supposed to be longer but my stupid laptop deleted it and I had to make do with my auto-recovered version. I tried so many times to rewrite the parts I lost, but I had no motivation to- sorry guys T^T.