Yesterday Kisses

Ryosuke, Rewritten (Drabble Collection)

Yesterday Kisses

Genre: Fluff/Romance/Angst. 

Characters: Ryosuke Yamada, Haruna Kawaguchi.

Summary: Haruna plays a game with Ryosuke.


 “Remember me?”

The young man turned around and smiled when his eyes gazed upon a beautiful woman wearing a knee-length tailored white dress.

“Of course I do.” He said.

She placed her hands on her hips. “Then who am I?”

“You’re Haruna,”

She crossed her arms as if she still wasn’t convinced. “Haruna who?”

“Haruna Yamada. My wife.”

Haruna then pointed to his chest. “And who are you?”

“I’m Ryosuke Yamada. Your husband.” He laughed. “What’s with the silly questions?”

“Just a question game I made.” Her lips curled into a smile. “And you won.”

“An easy game at that. Do I get a prize for winning?”

Haruna placed a finger on her lips and pondered in thought. Her smile quickly changed into a smirk.

“It just so happens you do get a prize. A kiss from me.” She placed her lips against his and they embraced in a passionate kiss.

***

Ryosuke was quietly reading a book until suddenly he felt a pair of soft hands covering his eyes.

“Remember me?”

“We’re playing this game again?” he said, eyes still being covered.

“You’re stalling!”

“Yes,”

“Then who am I?”

“You’re Haruna Yamada, my lovely wife.”

“And who are you?”

“Your awesome husband, the Great Yamada Ryosuke!”

Haruna playfully whacked Ryosuke upside the head. “Baka,”

“Do I win?”

“Yes,”

“What’s my prize this time?”

Haruna kissed him on the nose, then on the lips before whispering something in his ear that made him grin ear to ear.

“I’m really enjoying this game.” Ryosuke said and he kissed her back.

***

Ryosuke was deep in thought. He was trying to write the perfect lyrics for a song. This was one of his hobbies. He kept a blue notebook specifically to write songs in. His thoughts were interrupted when a girl plopped down a seat next to him.

“Remember me?”

“Didn’t we already play this game?”

“Stalling,”

“Yes. You’re Haruna,”

“Haruna who?”

“Haruna Kawaguchi, my girlfriend.”

“And who are you?”

“I’m Ryosuke Yamada. Your boyfriend.”

“You lose.”

“Wait, how did I lose? Are you saying we’re not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore?”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

“What?!” Ryosuke looked disheartened. “You’re breaking up with me?”

“Not at all,” she laughed.

“Eh?! You’re not making any sense!”

“I know,” she kissed him on the cheek. “Losers only get a kiss on a cheek.”

“I didn’t lose. Stupid game…” he muttered.

***

“Remember me?”

Ryosuke stared at Haruna dumbfounded. “Eh?”

“I said do you remember me?”

“Uh of course I do, you’re Haruna, my best friend.” He laughed awkwardly.

Haruna gave him a serious stare. “And who are you?” He looked at her in confusion.

“I’m Ryosuke. You okay Haruna? What’s with the questions?”

“It was just a game I made up and you lost. You’re getting terrible at this.”

“This was a game?”

“Yup. It that you lost, I would’ve gave you a kiss on the lips if you’d won. Too bad.” She shrugged.

Ryosuke blushed furiously. “We’ll I demand a rematch!” he blurted out.

“Sorry no can do,”

“Please,” he pouted. He knew she couldn’t resist his pouts.

She crossed her arms and sighed. “You’re lucky you’re cute. Remember me?”

“Yes. You’re Haruna Kawaguchi. We been friends since middle school. You love to dance and act and you told me your dream is to become an actress. I believe you can fulfill your dream even though you constantly doubt yourself. You’re the closest friend I ever had.”

“And who are you?”

“I’m Ryosuke Yamada. You trust me more than anyone else. I’m your best friend and I wish to be more than that.” His cheeks redden even more at his last statement.

Haruna smiled. “You lose again.”

Ryosuke’s face paled. Haruna kissed him softly on the cheek.

 “Losers only get a kiss on a cheek.”

Ryosuke was stunned by the kiss that he didn’t noticed a tear ran down Haruna’s cheek.

***

Ryosuke searched everywhere for his notebook, but he couldn’t remember where he placed it to save his life. His beloved blue notebook was now gone…or was it red? He couldn’t remember.

“Remember me?” said a soft voice.

Ryosuke turned around and faced the most beautiful women he ever laid eyes on. He quickly stared at the floor and his face flushed.

“Yeah, I think so. You’re Kawaguchi right? We went to school together.”

“And who are you?”

“I’m Yamada.”

“You don’t remember us being friends or anything more?”

“No sorry. I think you got me mistaken for someone else.”

“Oh okay. You lose by the way.”

“Huh?”

“But that’s okay, losers get a kiss on the cheek.” She pecked him on the cheek before walking off. Ryosuke stood there frozen like an igloo.

***

“Remember me?”

“I’m sorry, I don’t. But you do look familiar. Have we met before?”

“I’m Haruna Kawaguchi and no we haven’t. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.”

“Aren’t you going to tell me your name?”

“Oh I’m…it’s uhh...” The man looked down at his name tag that was pinned to the of his shirt. “Ryosuke Yamada. Sorry, I forget my name sometimes. I forget a lot of things lately, at least that’s what the people here say.”

“That must be hard for you.”

“It should shouldn’t it? But I don’t feel sad or anything. I know I should but I just don’t…” Ryosuke seemed to have drifted away for moment. He looked at Haruna blankly.

“Do you remember me?”

“No I don’t.”

“I’m Haruna Yamada, your wife. We just spoke a minute ago. Do you remember who you are?”

“No,”

She pointed to his name tag. “You are Ryosuke Yamada, my husband. You lost 16 times in a row now.”

“Where we playing a game?”

“Yeah. Losers can only get a kiss on a cheek, but this is the last time we’ll play so I’ll make an exception this time.” She kissed him on the nose, then on the lips before whispering in his ear.

“Sayonara, Ryosuke.” 


Word Count: 997

Author’s Note: I tried to do a fluff/romance drabble for the first time and this was the product. Sorry that it . And if you still didn’t know by the end, Ryosuke slowly loses his memory after marrying Haruna. She realizes he’ll never remember who she is and she accepts his fate by saying goodbye. Cliché I know.