Episode : Sarah Jean Dawes Part 2

The Unsub (hiatus)

[696 Hennesy]

Upon arriving, Yuri puts away her shades, scrutinizing the old looking house owns by Sarah and Jacob. She turn to look at Jessica whom busy trying her hair into a ponytail. She cast a small smile. She always like that look on the latter’s face. The latter somehow broke her from her trance by glaring at her.

“Jacob’s workshop is at the back” Yuri says

“Said in the file that Sarah Jean lure the girl to some empty parking lot, offered to smoke some pot in some truck. There they find Jacob but no pot”.

Yuri nodded “They bring them here”

Jessica added “I studied this case, I’ll never forget it”

Both Yuri and Jessica looked around the workshop that has been demolished. Jessica pointed out “He used his workshop as a torturing space, and the marks on the bodies matches his tools”

“He used the bench to dismembers the bodies and buried them on the floor”

Jessica look at the ground “Until he ran out of room”

Yuri took off his jacket, the heat was quite overwhelming. Jessica eyed Yuri subtly admiring the latter’s toned muscles. She snap from her admiration when Yuri starts talking about the case

“We know that Jacob has been abuse when he was a child. But what about Sarah Jean?”

Jessica shook her head “Her mother refused to give any testimony to defense. She never talk to anybody”

“Well maybe she’s willing to talk now” Yuri added.

 

[Florida State Penitentiary]

“Did she had any contact with Jacob?”

“Until today, she decline any contact with anyone. For her own safety, we keep her away from any prisoners” the man wearing suits asks the guard to open cell no 4.

Boom Soo immediately fix his eyes on the three paintings that Sarah Jean leans against the wall. She has her back on him, which Boom Soo didn’t really mind. He scrutinizes the painting and recognized that it was a painting of Riley running along a stream of waters.

“Accomplish work” he mutters

Still has her back “I have tons of time”

When she finally turn, Boom Soo was immediate baffled. Judging the woman’s face who’s standing in front of him, it screams ‘ridiculous. She look weak and weary.

Her velvety and soft voice broke the silence between them. “What is it you want to know?”

Boom Soo regains his composure “I think it’s time for the mothers’ of the victims to know what happen to their Daughter. Don’t you?”

 

[Sarah Jean and Jacob’s home]

The moment the door opens, reveals a short haired old lady with a bottle of some drink in her hand

She scrutinize Yuri and Jessica from head to toe “Who the helll are you?’”

Jessica opens her badge and show it to the old lady in front of her, “We’re from the FBI, Behavioural Analysis Unit. We’re here to talk about your daughter Sarah Jean Dawes”

The Old lady scoffs “My daughter and the son-of-a-biatch of a husband buried a dead teenage girl underneath my floor. What more do you want to know?”

Yuri sighs lightly “Mam, Sarah Jean agreed to meet one of our colleagues to talk about why they kill those girls. We would like some background information if you don’t mind”.

The old lady sighs and let Jessica and Yuri in.

Yuri look around the house “Extensive remodelling, Jacob helps with this?”

The lady nodded half-heartedly

Yuri continues “I see he like arches” as she notices arches inside of the house. The old lady scoffs once again, taking a sip of her drink “teenage girls, that’s what he likes”

Jessica chirps into the conversation “how was Sarah Jean when she was a kid?” 

The old lady look at her “Fine, until she met Jacob. She was shy, quiet, and  also smart”

Yuri added “How was the relationship with her father?”

Jessica adds “Was she ever abused?”

Sarah jean’s mom sigh, looking at someplace else “He was strict. He was a military man. They didn’t always see eye to eye”

Yuri walks closer towards Sarah Jean’s Mom “If we have a better understanding of the dynamic of her relationship, we can get a better idea, why and what actually happen”

“Dynamics?”

“It might explain why Jacob never kill Sarah Jean, they shared something.”

Sarah jean’s Mom walks away from the kitchen, as both Jessica and Yuri trails her from behind. She looks disturb for some reason. Yuri and Jessica shares a glance before Yuri says something

“They shared pain”

Jessica added “How strict was your husband? How was he disciplined Sarah Jean? Was it Physical?”

Taking an obvious deep breath “He was a mean… basterd, but he only hurt me.”

“Why didn’t you leave?” Yuri asks

Glaring at the taller younger woman, she mutters “Because we have no place to go”

“An anonymous call tips something about Jacob, was it you?”

The old lady sigh and turn away “No” she utters “but I know who it was”

Yuri and Jessica shared glances again, whilst eyeing the old who is looking at her purse. She then took out white envelope. She gives it to Jessica “This came this morning”

Jessica opens the envelope and took out a piece of paper. Yuri look at the latter intently “What does it say?”

“It says… statement of innocence”

 

**

[Florida State Penitentiary]

Sarah Jean chuckles “Oh my, you’re a Doctor? You look soo young. Your mother must be proud”

As she has her back against the other hallway. Unbeknownst by her, Jacob Dawes escorted by three officers noticed her presence.

With the sickening smile on his face, he calls out her name “Sarah Jean! Sarah Jean!”

The moment the familiar voice hits her ears, Sarah Jean freeze. Her eyes widen, and she turns slowly. Not a hint of smile exist on her face as she look at her husband on the other side. Whereas, Jacob looks the opposite.  

“You look so fine baby cake. This is meant to be. Our names will live forever”

One of the officer pushes Jacob “Let’s go” Jacob ignores the latter keep on talking to his wife “This is a beautiful thing! Isn’t it a beautiful thing?” The three officers then practically drag him away from the hallway.

With her pokerface on, Sarah Jean doesn’t even budge. She then immediately turn around and look at Bumsoo.

“You purposely make that happen?” With the dead look in her eyes “Did you learn anything agent?” 

 

[The other side of Sarah Jean’s room]

Jacob looks smugly while cracking his fingers. He took out a deck of card, eyeing Siwon who’s sitting uprightly on the chair facing him.

“You want to see a trick, agent?” He puts the card on the table and swipe the card to his right and form it into a perfect row. Jacob then took his seat in front of Siwon and mutters “Pick a card”

Siwon clearly ignoring whatever game the unsub has in his mind and opens up a file instead “You’re diagnose with a psychopath”

Jacob then corrected him” ual… I’m diagnosed with ual Psychopath. Now pick a card” he insist.

“How many other girls that you killed?”

Jacob scrunches his eyebrows and cast a smile “Do you? Ever smile? You know…it’s hard to trust a guy who never smile.”

“Just tell me how many more bodies are they?” Siwon wouldn’t budge

Jacob tilt his head “If I told you that, what would I have left for myself?”

“You can help this families get their closure before you die”

He feign guiltiness “Aww.. Pass”

The answer causes Siwon’s expression harden. Ignoring the fact that Siwon was pissed, Jacob then says “Come on, just ooonnnnee trick. It’s a good one. Pick a card. Come one. Pick.any.card?”

 

 

[Sarah Jean interview]

“What do you see in Jacob?”

“Freedom” short answer

Yoona look at her “Freedom from what?”

Eunjung who has been watching both interview mutters under her breath “Crazy as f”

The phone blares from her left side.

“Eunjung’s speaking”

*Hey baby, it’s Jessie*

“Hey Honey, what’s up?”

*Baby, can you patch me to Bomsoo? It’s urgent*

“Yah, yah, I’ll patch you through”.

Tapping some stuff on her keyboard, she told Boomsoo about Jessica’s urgent call”

(On the phone)

Jessie: We’re at her mother’s house. She gave me a letter, I want to read it to you.

Boom soo fix his eyes on Sarah Jean “read the letter Jessica”

Jessica: Mom, I know how difficult it was for you..(whilst Boom soo was repeating Jessica’s words). Things between us is never what it should be. (Sarah Jean’s eyes widen immediately as she realizes what letter the agent was reading out loud). I want you to know the best part of me, the most important part of me is now at a better place than I will ever be. I am responsible for the…”

Sarah Jean pulls the receiver from Boom soo’s ear. “Stop it! Just stop it!” She was breathing heavily.

She took a step back and sit on the chair. She has her eyes shuts as her tears threaten to pour out.

Boom Soo look at the Officer who’s standing near the door “Officer, tell Michael that he need to withhold her death row. She didn’t kill all those girls”. He keeps his eyes on Sarah Jean “Why didn’t you tell this in court?”

“I knew he brought back the girls in his workshop”

Yoona perplex “It’s a long way from knowing that he was killing them”

“They die from the results of my ignorance..” she mutters softly

Boom Soom sighs “This letter suggests to me, that an innocent woman is about to be executed for crime she did not commit”. With that Sara Jean turns her face looking at Boom Soo straight in the eyes.

**

Eunjung look at the screen on her right. Monday, 9AM. Indicates that they have 24hours left. She click the button play and fix her eyes on the screen along with her boss, Kim Boom Soo, prosecutor, and Michael, the man in the suit.

The prosecutor who has his hand akimbo look at Kim Boom Soo,”I can tell you that it’s not enough to give the states”

Boom Soo nodded in agreement “Well, you need facts”. Both Boom Soo and Eunjung look at Yoona.

“Human uality are complex dynamic in three components. Biological, physiological and emotion. Jacobs need to be informed by the emotional and ual abuse that he received on the hand of his mother”

Boom Soo added “Long term impeditive abuse informed template, something that we called as a signature”

Both prosecutor and Michel look at Boom Soo “Jacob was the only child, thus he was alone when an abusive occurred. In order for him to full fill his fantasy, he’s got to be alone with his victim”

Eunjung then click the replay button where Jacob said ““If I told you that, what would I have left for myself. Eunjung added “As you can see here, he said “myself”, if Sarah Jean was presence, it would destroy his fantasy.”

Michael who has been quiet throughout the revelation finally spoke “She confess to killing her son”

Yoona nodded “Yes, true. But we’re also convince that she is the anonymous caller that made the phone call that nailed Jacob”

“Guilt ridden, filled with remorse so she called the police. This is not a profile of a woman that killed her own child” Eunjung mutters.

Boom Soo nods in agreement “What else do you need?”

Prosecutor sigh lightly “I need evidence”

Boom Soo added “If we can get the confession of Jacob was the one who killed Riley, does that count as an evidence?”

“absolutely”

 Three members of the BAU turn their gaze back at the sight of Sarah Jean holding onto her paintings.

“She protects her painting like she protects the boy. Impending to her statement, we can figure out what they say” Boom Soo says.