Chapter 24

Black Sun

Chapter 24

As they made their way further into the darkness, Donghyun could see a faint eerie light ahead. Stopping dead in his tracks, he looked at Youngmin who nodded. The group came into a hallway with a large door at the front. Donghyun pushed open the door to reveal a large throne room. In front of the throne was a large floating mirror and in the throne was the god that they knew that they would have to face, the dark one. He sat slouched in his throne with a knowing smirk on his face; it was like he knew that they would be arriving. Youngmin stepped foreword, “where’s my brother?” He demanded. The dark one stood up and snapped his fingers and Kwangmin appeared, he didn’t show any signs of recognizing Youngmin, but the older twin could see how happy his eyes were. “Give him back.” Youngmin demanded. The dark one chuckled, “of course, of course, but just one thing. Give me the purification stone and I will return Kwangmin to you.” Youngmin felt for the stone in his pocket and held it firmly, “you know very well why I need the stone, why would you ask me to give it to you?” The dark one smirked and sighed, “Well since you asked I’ll tell you. The reason is so that instead of purifying a person, the stone will infuse them with more darkness until the stone itself becomes impure and dark, then I will use it to take the throne from your father, the sun god.” Youngmin blinked this was the plan from the get go. “Now that you know, how about being a good little boy and hand over the stone.” Youngmin looked at Kwangmin who seemed saddened, “forget it! I came to get my brother, and that is exactly what I plan on doing.” The dark one frowned, “well then…” he lifted his palm, “then be devoured by darkness.” Kwangmin's eyes widened, he leaped in and held the dark ones arm down preventing his attack. The dark one became furious, what had changed in his follower, “don't harm them, m-master.”

Donghyun took this as his opportunity, he set up talismans to create a barrier for themselves. “Wait what about Kwangmin?” Youngmin panicked. He was answered when the dark one threw Kwangmin against the wall, “you disobedient insect!” The god was towering above him, “You would turn on me your own master!” Kwangmin smiles and said, “I don't belong to anyone, I would chose my brother over you any day.” The dark one noticed something different about Kwangmin, something was off. He was beginning to show a side of himself that he thought was locked away when he sealed away. “Very well, then how about I get rid of him for you.” He pointed his palm at Youngmin who was behind the barrier. Kwangmin knew that Donghyun's barrier wouldn't hold out for long. He wriggled out of his grasp and stood in front of the group.

Youngmin had to do something, he was here to get his brother and that's what he was going to do. “Donghyun release the barrier.” the monk was taken back, “are you nuts, we'll be sitting ducks without the barrier.” Youngmin looked at the older, “then let Kwangmin in.” Donghyun made the barrier open slightly so Kwangmin could get inside. When he was in he quickly closed the barrier, but not before the dark one attacked knocking over Youngmin and breaking the barrier in the process. Hyunseong, pounced onto the dark one attacking him with giant clawed paws and sharp teeth. Donghyun prepares a new sutra for a barrier and quickly sets it up. Within the barrier, Youngmin took out the stone and looked at Kwangmin, “its time, Kwangmin time, for me to fufill my promise to you.” Kwangmin looked at his brother hopefully and placed his hand on top of the stone and nodded. Youngmin closed his eyes and said, “Please purify the darkness away and bring back the voice of the lost.” In an instant bright light burst through the stone, breaking Donghyun’s barrier and sending everyone, except Kwangmin, back into the wall. The younger twin was immediately enveloped in light and then everything stopped.

The dark one stood up, “while he’s purifying I will attack.” Youngmin stood up and blocked the dark one, “you will not harm my brother, I will fight you off myself if I have to.” The dark one smirked and crossed his arms, “fine, if it’s a fight you want, I will be more than happy to oblige.” The older twin prepared his powers of light and hurled them at the dark one. They hit the dark man one by one, each one was strong, thanks to the necklace the sun god had given him. He needed to hold out until the purification was completed. The dark one used one of his free hands to send his power to Youngmin, but Donghyun prevented it by creating another barrier around Youngmin. The dark one smirked and lunged toward Youngmin successfully breaking the barrier and knocking down Youngmin. The older looked at the dark one and realized that he was headed toward Kwangmin.