Chapter 17

Black Sun

Chapter 17

Kwangmin was in his and Youngmin's room when he felt a strong surge of dark energy enter his body. He gasped and clutched himself, it was painful. The dark one was preparing something that was for sure. He was changing and he was loosing control, it was no longer a voice in his head, no longer an option to listen to the voice or not, Kwangmin was obeying whether he liked it or not. His eyes immediately filled in with black and the dark ones voice laced with his own. “N-No, I-I don't want this.” He said to himself in hopes the dark one would explain why there was a sudden assault, but there was nothing soon everything that he remembered about good and bad vanished and he didn’t know what to do anymore. He released a loud groan before his voice broke through, laced with the dark ones, “H-help Y-Youngmin!” he called out. He was shocked to hear his own voice laced with the dark ones coming out from his throat. He shivered as the dark energy continued to course through him until he no longer knew what he was doing, his entire being and body was under the dark ones control.

Donghyun bolted upright when he heard a voice from Youngmin's and Kwangmin's room. He ran across the hall and knocked on the door, “Kwangmin are you alright? Say something.” He said worry beginning to eat away at him, many thoughts instantly came bombarding into his brain, but he didn't expect Kwangmin to open the door and attack him. The dark energy was harsher, more powerful than before. Donghyun was harshly flung out into the open hallway. The wind was literally ripped away from the monk, like a rug under ones feet. Kwangmin looked at the monk and then silently left and went downstairs. Donghyun heard the soft ding of the bell from the front door. Kwangmin left the inn. He got up from the floor and ran after the boy, he spotted him slowly walking farther and farther away, he was blending into the crowd quickly. Donghyun took out a sutra and spoke quickly, “This mark shall lead me to you, do not vanish follow the target!” The paper soared and stuck itself onto Kwangmin's back, without the boy's knowledge. Releasing a sigh, Donghyun let Kwangmin continue walking, he was going to get it from Youngmin when he came back, and that much was for certain.

Youngmin and the others were walking back to the inn. Youngmin had settled on a plan and he was ready to tell Kwangmin and Donghyun. He thought it out and decided that it would be best to hone his power first before continuing on his journey. This way he would be ready and he would be able to control his power more. When they arrived back at the inn, they headed up stairs only to see that Donghyun was pacing back and forth in the hallway, something very much unlike him. Donghyun was usually well composed and even when he does get irritated he usually makes it look like nothing. However, right now Donghyun could care less, he was panicking. “Hyung what's wrong?” Minwoo wondered getting the monk out of his trance. “Y-you've returned.” He said a little surprised. Youngmin eyed him suspiciously, “Where's Kwangmin?” He asked. Donghyun gulped, “a-ah, Kwangmin...he's well um....he's gone.” The four boys perked up, “What!” Youngmin was now starting to worry, gone? Where? “What happened?” He questioned. Donghyun began retelling the events, “W-well when you guys left, Kwangmin and I went back to our rooms to wait for you. Everything was fine, until Kwangmin gave out a call for help, he literally called out for help. When I went to check on him, he grabbed me and flung me out in the hallway. The dark one completely took over him. He left the inn and disappeared into the crowd, but before I could completely loose sight of him, I stuck on a sutra to help us track him. I-I'm sorry Youngmin.” The older twin fell to his knees in devastation, all of this work, this hard work all for his brother wasted and on top of that his brother was taken from him anyway. He held in his sobs, but he couldn't hold back his tears. So much has happened since they left their home. It ended up with them creating a relationship and then Kwangmin getting taken over by the dark one. He couldn't let the younger disappear like this.

The others saddened, even Hyunseong who didn't like the twins at first, but seeing the older twins pain and hurt created his sympathy for him. “Didn't you say you placed some sort of tracking sutra on him?” He asked the monk. Donghyun nodded, “Yes, I did. We could try to follow the trail that the sutra gives out to see where it leads.” Jeongmin perked up, “What if it leads us to the dark one?” He wondered. Youngmin looked up at the others, they were going to help him get his brother back. Minwoo helped his friend up and said, “we'll find him.” Hyunseong nodded, “but it looks like we now have a complete change of plans. Donghyun, Jeongmin, and I will go and track Kwangmin. You and Minwoo grab a boat and head out to the ancient Isle, that's where the temples for the gods are. You may be able to get in contact with your father there. We may need help, if we are to confront the dark one.” The boys nodded and split into their teams and left the inn.

The dark one smiled victoriously, he had finally gotten a hold of Kwangmin when his brother was not around. Now he had to get his new follower to him safely. The chamber was all ready and prepared for the boy now he just had to patiently wait for the boys arrival. He stood from his throne and left with a big smile on his face, things were beginning to look good for him.

Donghyun was leading Jeongmin and Hyunseong through a crowd of people holding a sutra in his hand. “He went this way quickly, he's moving a lot faster than I thought.” Donghyun called out to the two boys behind him. Once they hit the market place, they stopped, Kwangmin was gone. “Where did he go?” Jeongmin wondered. Hyunseong pointed out, “There he goes, into the forest.” He said when he spotted the dark haired boy. Donghyun nodded, “Hurry, we can't loose him.” They ran after the boy. They were able to follow him until they came upon a clearing. Kwangmin was no where to be found. “Donghyun can you still track him?” Jeongmin asked. Donghyun shook his head, “no, its like he went somewhere were my powers can't affect him.” Hyunseong began to sniff the air. He walked up to the far end of the clearing and said, “Something is here. I can sense it.” He said. Donghyun investigated and in fact there was something off about that area. He placed more sutras around the area and muttered, “The place that hides from our eyes reveal yourself to us now.” Like a key releasing a lock, the secret area was revealed and a cave presented itself to the three boys. It remained open for a few moments before disappearing once more.